AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you find mods for your room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you feel you need mods? You can run the room yourself.

Mods can cause extra issues that are unnecessary.

/my opinion

Why do you feel you need mods? You can run the room yourself.

Mods can cause extra issues that are unnecessary.

/my opinion
(Disclaimer: the only time I use a “mod” called a “room helper” on MFC is when I’m doing a show that I cannot use the mouse/keyboard myself and it’s a very short period of time per session. They are only to mute people who are disrupting the chat and have no other function. Other purposes of “mods” can cause social problems for your room. Especially “controlling tippers”. THat sounds like bad news.

The 2 room helpers that I utilize are very long time (7+years) dedicated loyal supporters in my room that I trust with that responsibility.)

Moderators are asking for trouble. I have Mr Dani as one if I’m doing a show that doesn’t really let me use a keyboard easily and if he’s available. It’s a pain in the ass if a mod mutes people that have tipped well in the past or mods that think they’re someone super special and can lord over your room. It’s like the saying of too many cooks in the kitchen. I’m the only boss in my room. I have however, let a huge tipper (like 10k tokens that day or above) mod if some of the grays are crazy and I can’t mute in time and the whale asked. But it’s only for that session and he earned the right to mute rude people during his tips while I was not able to use hands on keyboard. My one site I can’t mute grays /freeloaders and it kills me. I don’t need mods ever on other sites. Just the one.

I've never wanted someone to be a mod for my room. I had one during a couple of days when I had just started on CB (and was quite naive) but I quickly realized he was doing that to feel powerful, to pressure members to tip me (while he never tipped himself) and to give me "advices" on how to behave on cam, what to do/not do, blah blah blah... it wasn't long before I banned his ass lol ;)

Few thoughts about mod.

You have all your time to choose a mod if you're new.
OK, if you arrive on your first day and try to cam with thousands viewers in a chat full of greys, it's a good question.
This happens almost every week and yes, there, you may need somebody to help.
But just pm one guy and get explained the basics to adjust your chat and see clear in it, even there, a mod is not specially a good idea.

Avoid at maximum everybody who ask you to be your mod, specially if they're insisting, ban them if they're grey ^^

Don't believe the "you'll make more tips".
You will, yes, but the ones who say that just know nothing about how it works, they just use a selling argument to take the power.
BUT don't hesitate to mod yourself your own room (a moderated chat makes often more tips than a dirty chat)

When you think that you need one, because your hands are far from the keyboard or because you're bothered to answer always the same questions, ask to a nice regular and speak with him a minimum about what you expect from him (Call for tips or not, Silence fast or warn a minimum to try to convert a viewer before, speak a lot to animate because you're not chatty, or not to much to let your the space...)

Only being there, showing a discreet 'red' presence can be enough to help for a good show (that's enough to discourage many dirty greys and other models who advert their room but It's also better to close the chat to grey and to girls....)

If he refuses at first, he can probably become a good mod for your room ^^ (insist a bit but not too much)
(don't forget also that you stay the boss and can unmute if the guy clicked wrong)

Some models think that a mod will fix everything wrong in your room (explain you all about cam, bots, apps and so on) and take the whole chat in his hands. But this just doesn't work. You really have to know the tech part of your job (learn your job before subcontract) and to be there, in the chat, with your viewers.

Reactions: babykalina
(Disclaimer: the only time I use a “mod” called a “room helper” on MFC is when I’m doing a show that I cannot use the mouse/keyboard myself and it’s a very short period of time per session. They are only to mute people who are disrupting the chat and have no other function. Other purposes of “mods” can cause social problems for your room. Especially “controlling tippers”. THat sounds like bad news.

The 2 room helpers that I utilize are very long time (7+years) dedicated loyal supporters in my room that I trust with that responsibility.)
That's exactly what I do when I am roomhelper, usually it's just during a cumshow to kick the disrupting idiots.

I've never wanted someone to be a mod for my room. I had one during a couple of days when I had just started on CB (and was quite naive) but I quickly realized he was doing that to feel powerful, to pressure members to tip me (while he never tipped himself) and to give me "advices" on how to behave on cam, what to do/not do, blah blah blah... it wasn't long before I banned his ass lol ;)
oooof yep I did the exact same thing. Glad i'm not the only one that was naive in the beginning

Reactions: DoD404 and Capryce
oooof yep I did the exact same thing. Glad i'm not the only one that was naive in the beginning

The unfortunate thing is, a lot of the guys do it for a power trip or for freebies.
Mostly the greys but the tippers are (or can be) just as bad, if not sometimes worse. They can have the God complex more because they are tipping AND are a moderator.

There are a couple of women I help out for different reasons. But I enjoy the room so much better if I don't have the responsibility of needing to constantly watch out for bad words or for people being idiots breaking the rules for models. And then on top, remembering exactly all different rules for different models. It gets annoying, frustrating and becomes a job. I am on the sites to have fun, give fun (I hope), not to work. One of the ones I mod for is a studio model and she has to use specific bots/apps set by her studio/admin. None of them stop these grey fake bots/accounts from posting that rubbish to steal guys' info. So she has me there for that (she is one not sat down much, she is dancing around a lot). Or for the same woman, English is not her primary language (but she does speak it almost perfectly), so there are some words and terms etc she has never heard of, so she will ask me what it is (although, she knows she can do this regardless of whether I am red or not - she is a lady I met when I first registered on CB and we have become great virtual friends (she happily gives me a kick up my butt when I need one haha).

Edit:
All in all, don't jump on the chance of making a person a mod just because it may seem good/easy at the time.
DOn't assume that because they are willing to help you, it means they are a really cool, nice person doing it like it's some volunteer work in real life. The majority of times, it's guys just trying to get SOMETHING out of it (the something could be anything: try to control you and your show, get you to show certain parts of your body for their own pleasure, do other certain things, or just feel amazing and powerful because "hey look I am red")

@Brett M
To add your edit.

Most guys will hump the mods leg thinking it will get them 'closer' to the model.
And there are times that guys will be focusing and interacting more with the mod than the actual broadcaster.

My biggest pet peeve are mods who 'thank you' after every tip. Umm?? I'm tipping the broadcaster, not the mod.
I had a mod threaten to leave a model after I asked the mod to stop being annoying and thanking me and told him the name of the room is 'XYZ' and not 'MOD'. I'm since banned from that room :D :D :D

• Wat?!
Reactions: NotYou
I didn't ask for it but became a room helper in KhaleesiWildes room when the guy who had room helped previously had to cut back on hanging out on MFC. I would like to think that me having over 6 years of experience working customer service at that point had something to do with it, but it was probably because I showed up to every show.

What I do most of the time is set the topic and count down so if anything special is going on a certain day I know about it beforehand and set the topic and countdown according to that. When a countdown is clear I change the topic and set a new count down. Very rarely is there a need to ban someone, the few times it happens is during cum shows when someone doesn't understand what no directing and keep dirty talk in hidden tip notes means. I have been room helping for a little over three years now so I am probably OK at it, but If Alexa was a bit smarter and could execute macros on a computer I could probably be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.