AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How Do You Handle Viewers Who Make Requests But Do Not Tip?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
How do each of you deal with viewers who make requests but never tip? In some rooms on a slow day these requests become most of the discussion in the room. I have seen this kind of activity really drag some models down and make them feel bad about the activity.

I want to divide this into four distinct types of activity:

A) Viewers who ask you to do things that are prohibited on the site

B) Viewers who ask you to do something and promise to take you private if you do it.

C) Viewers who ask for something but pay nothing:

* When a viewer sees the show goal and asks to show something in advance, without even throwing a single token

* When a viewer for one token asks to show as much as what is normally done in a private for 300 tokens (i.e., 30 tokens/minute and 10 minutes)

* When a viewer never tips but keeps asking for poses or peeks, even if they are small things

D) Users who ask for free private messages (PM)

So it seems to me that there are several ways to deal with each of these things:

1) You can just ignore it to avoid looking unfriendly. But then the negative behavior just expands.

2) You can say "No I won't" or "No I don't do that" or "That costs Y tokens". In other words you respond in a way to deny the request and maybe to point to a solution or compromise.

3) You can silence the user.

Case A seems the easiest to me. Maybe the model can have some prepared text that says something like "The site prohibits x, y, z, etc and I cannot do anything on that list." If the user repeats a request after seeing that reply, you silence the user. Is there a better approach?

Case B is one that might be controversial. I have yet to see a single case where the viewer who asks for something substantial and then promises a show later ever does that. It's always a con game. Am I wrong to think that the right approach for someone who even asks for that is to just silence them right off and not even explain why you are doing it? It seems cruel, but who needs a liar in their room taking down the room's integrity several notches?

Case C is tougher, and I don't see the clear solution. Assuming you have blocked greys entirely, and that all of these requests for free or cheap services come from users with tokens, how do you say "no" to a request without creating a lot of negative energy in the room?

If you ignore them, you avoid hostility. But then the person feels neglected and is not going to spend tokens. You lost an opportunity to sell to that person.

If you say "No I can't" that might actually be the most straightforward response. Some of those guys will hate getting no for an answer and try to find a new approach and some of those might tip. Maybe you could call out the user on his behavior politely by saying something like "But you never tipped me anything?" If the same user keeps repeating requests after a clear no or admonishment, then you can silence.

Case C is not one I have seen anyone solve perfectly. I am sure there will be different approaches and I would like to hear what those are. Silencing seems a bit cruel here. I am not sure.

Case D is one that drives me just crazy. Guys are constantly asking for PM. They ignore the charge for PM, and usually that charge is something very low like 5 or 10 tokens. I mean seriously dude you cannot afford less than 50 cents to have a privilege to chat for an hour? When I read these free PM requests it is like hearing fingers running on a chalkboard. It's a personal peeve.

On Case D maybe the model could say "But you never tipped me?" but put up with the repeat requests and do not push silencing the user too quickly.

So really I am just trying to understand how you strike that fine balance between saying "no" to the user and not creating a lot of negative energy in the process.

You are WAY overthinking things bro.

Dude asks for something that's not allowed? Use ModelBot AutoResponse #3: "That is against the rules, I will not do it"

Dude asks for something without tipping/show then I'll tip/show then I go pvt? Use ModelBot AutoResponse #7: "I will gladly (requested action) for (price)". Repeat until user either tips or leaves. If member becomes belligerent, ban.

I will repeat the same sentence over and over like a broken record, idgaf about hurting a freeloader's feelings, maybe don't freeload then bub.

Dude asks for something that's not allowed? Use ModelBot AutoResponse #3: "That is against the rules, I will not do it"

Dude asks for something without tipping/show then I'll tip/show then I go pvt? Use ModelBot AutoResponse #7: "I will gladly (requested action) for (price)". Repeat until user either tips or leaves. If member becomes belligerent, ban.

I will repeat the same sentence over and over like a broken record, idgaf about hurting a freeloader's feelings, maybe don't freeload then bub.

There is nothing wrong with getting to the point and I respect that. You are pretty assertive and not all models like to go eye to eye on every freeloader request.

So if the user asks for a free PM, you just say "I do that for Y tokens".

What about the case where the user asks you to do something and promises a show if you do it? You just quote him a show price and ignore further requests?

One thing I should have mentioned in my original post is that I think saying "no" to a request can sound nicer if it is done as a verbal response on camera, rather than typing it out.

When I room help A gets told that it is not allowed, if he asks again he gets the banhammer. B gets the banhammer. C gets told the tip amount and if he continues to ask without tipping he gets the banhammer. D gets told how much friend add costs, if he continues to ask without tipping its the banhammer.

After they have been banned I post one of those ban related gifts that MFC has, my favorite is :thorhammer because I am a viking from Sweden. :)

There is nothing wrong with getting to the point and I respect that. You are pretty assertive and not all models like to go eye to eye on every freeloader request.

So if the user asks for a free PM, you just say "I do that for Y tokens".

What about the case where the user asks you to do something and promises a show if you do it? You just quote him a show price and ignore further requests?

Saffron is right you are way over thinking this. Some variation of "tip for requests", or I'll do that for X tokens is pretty much all you need. Recently, a very experienced top model noticed that the guy making the
request was new to the site, so she politely explained how the site (MFC) worked and got the guy to tip for his requests. But that doesn't always work, the same day new user came in demanding a private near the end of cumshow countdown. She tried to explain, that she was doing a countdown and that she might be available after the show and that's how the site worked. He continued to insist that he wanted to do the private right now and she banned him.

Being nice, not offending, or trying to finesse non-tippers, is not only a waste of the models time but all of her regulars.
You are also making that incorrect assumption, that saying no, being mean, and not being polite "create negative energy. in a room" While that may be true for you, I generally love watching models discover their inner bitch, tell freeloader, to go fuck themselves, ban them or my favorite. "Yes, I'll show my pussy, you demanding freeloader, right after I ban your annoying ass."

ModelBot AutoResponse #15: "I will gladly (request) for (tip amount) or in private"

Continued requests for "show first then I go private bb" get a snarky "I will not give you a hamburger today for payment Tuesday. Tip, go private, or gtfo"

When I room help A gets told that it is not allowed, if he asks again he gets the banhammer. B gets the banhammer. C gets told the tip amount and if he continues to ask without tipping he gets the banhammer. D gets told how much friend add costs, if he continues to ask without tipping its the banhammer.

After they have been banned I post one of those ban related gifts that MFC has, my favorite is :thorhammer because I am a viking from Sweden. :)

Ban and remove chat followed by the Harley Quin banhammer gif is my favourite!

B) Viewers who ask you to do something and promise to take you private if you do it.

A random stranger on internet's promise is worth shit. What's their motivation to spend money if you do what they're asking for free? Can't believe this is even a question, most common freeloading trick in the book.

Same for PM - most models I know who have pm'd with members get non stop chat/requests for free stuff. Guess what, they never ever tip. The entire point of tipping for PM is to weed out those who can (and will) tip, and those who have zero intention but try to get free stuff. The latter waste your time and suck out the energy from those who may actually help pay the bills.

Observation of models I know - they reply once and once only (actually have pm token value in topic) about prices/price list, and ignore any other non tipped requests. They've developed that from experience... (also helps that they can often see the reward points/token amounts the member has, and knows whether to ignore them based on that. If it's a member for 3 years with < 100 reward points, they're not going to tip shit).

If someone asks me to do something, I say “Sure, I’d be happy to. Requests are XX tokens.” If they tip, they get their request. Simple. If they don’t tip and ask again for it again, I ignore them. If they ask a third time then I silence them, especially if they’re grey.

If someone asks for a PM it’s the same deal. If someone PM’s me without tipping first I ignore them.

It’s a simple system, but I’ve found it works for me. I’ll never be rude to a viewer unless I have to be - ie. some grey comes in and non-stop requests something even after I’ve told them my prices. Off you go!

I find most freeloaders rude. Honestly they probably would have a much better time if they just don't say anything. Some of them a naive and don't understand how camsite edicatcy works because their are new.

A) Viewers who ask you to do things that are prohibited on the site
(That is against site rules, no.)

(No. I don't believe you. If you want to see something before private, you tip me. If not you can take me to private and I can show you there.)

(Please tip me or take me to private. If not no.)

No is a powerful word. Don't care if some guy can't handle being told no or if it hurts his fee fees. If he turns into a jerk about it, free room entertainment imo. Most of my regs enjoy it when I put freeloaders and douchebags in their place. Sometimes it turns them on, and they take me for a show. I really don't ban anymore, usually I get them to leave on their own :D

(Please tip me or take me to private. If not no.)

That is a GREAT response to C) for a lot of reasons:

* it is polite
* it focuses on the solution and gives more than one solution
* it answers their request with no, but it diffuses the impact of that

Brilliant. :)

Saffron is right you are way over thinking this. Some variation of "tip for requests", or I'll do that for X tokens is pretty much all you need. Recently, a very experienced top model noticed that the guy making the
request was new to the site, so she politely explained how the site (MFC) worked and got the guy to tip for his requests. But that doesn't always work, the same day new user came in demanding a private near the end of cumshow countdown. She tried to explain, that she was doing a countdown and that she might be available after the show and that's how the site worked. He continued to insist that he wanted to do the private right now and she banned him.

Being nice, not offending, or trying to finesse non-tippers, is not only a waste of the models time but all of her regulars.
You are also making that incorrect assumption, that saying no, being mean, and not being polite "create negative energy. in a room" While that may be true for you, I generally love watching models discover their inner bitch, tell freeloader, to go fuck themselves, ban them or my favorite. "Yes, I'll show my pussy, you demanding freeloader, right after I ban your annoying ass."
Newbie here so getting a lot of those freebies, trying to ignore most of.them, I might pm someone for free if I think he might tip, and sometimes I will just show them finger which I think other might find more fun then not, so no hard feelings, you have every right to tell all of them to fuck off xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.