AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you like them apples?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenHedonist

V.I.P. AmberLander
Oct 13, 2011
Eastside Shambhala
Twitter Username
@ZenHedonist
Favorite apple?

Favorite way to consume them?

How about apple juice and/or cider?

My favs are Cameo, Empire or Winesap (when I can find a Winesap around here).

I eat them out of hand, but I also love to bake with them in a variety of ways.

I used to love apple juice or apple cider as a kid. I remember the first time I had hot apple cider. It was magical.

It's almost Autumn (meteorological Fall starts Sept 1) and apple season.

So how 'bout it? How do you like them apples?

Honeycrisp or Macintosh. If neither of those are available I'll go for red delicious. I'm curious to see if the variety of apples are significantly different regionally as the apples the OP mentions are nothing I have ever heard of despite being someone that loves fruit.

I generally just eat them plain and raw although I'm also a sucker for things like apple pie or baked apple with cinnamon.

I don't care for Apple juice or cider. I like apple juice that's homemade but the pasteurization process in store bought affects how my body deals with it and gives me acid reflux.

Honeycrisp or Macintosh. If neither of those are available I'll go for red delicious. I'm curious to see if the variety of apples are significantly different regionally as the apples the OP mentions are nothing I have ever heard of despite being someone that loves fruit.

Good lord. I just G666gled it and there are 2500 varieties grown in the US.

I like all apples but my go to is probably jonagold followed by granny smith or red delicious. I like eating them raw on a daily/weekly basis but I also enjoy making mini little apple pies with pillsbury crescent rolls a little cinnamon and brown sugar.
I will drink apple juice only when there are no other options. Its not that I don't like it, its just not my choice of drinks, and Im not a fan of most hot teas/ciders at all.

For me, I prefer Fuji apples. A little more of a crip/sharp flavour, and a more solid apple than the red delicious. Which I also like. Add in the honeycrisp. Probably my top three: Fuji, honeycrisp, red delicious.

I prefer to slice pieces off the apple and eat them that way, since I don't like to bite into them. Too messy, and stuff get in between my teeth.

While I do like apple juice, the store bought stuff is far too sugary for me. So, about the only time I drink juice now is if I don't get through all the apples before they start to get too ripe for my preference, I run them through my juicer and then water it down to taste. Actually, I do this for most fruits I buy: apples, oranges, cherries, berries, etc. But, I won't juice fresh just for the sake of juicing as it's a waste of food, IMO.

I like all apples but my go to is probably jonagold followed by granny smith or red delicious. I like eating them raw on a daily/weekly basis but I also enjoy making mini little apple pies with pillsbury crescent rolls a little cinnamon and brown sugar.
I will drink apple juice only when there are no other options. Its not that I don't like it, its just not my choice of drinks, and Im not a fan of most hot teas/ciders at all.

"mini little apple pies with pillsbury crescent rolls"?!?!? Eau Mai <G666gles furiously for recipes>...

Reactions: Useful-Title
"mini little apple pies with pillsbury crescent rolls"?!?!? Eau Mai <G666gles furiously for recipes>...
I’m sure there’s an actual recipe somewhere but all I do is cut the apples into small bite size pieces then sauté them in a pan to soften them up a little. Take the crescent rolls and unroll them, put down a layer of brown sugar and cinnamon then add the apples. I only put the apples on half then just kinda flip over the other half to sandwich them in, pinch the edges to holdeverything in and bake til the crescent is done. Simple and easy!

I’m sure there’s an actual recipe somewhere but all I do is cut the apples into small bite size pieces then sauté them in a pan to soften them up a little. Take the crescent rolls and unroll them, put down a layer of brown sugar and cinnamon then add the apples. I only put the apples on half then just kinda flip over the other half to sandwich them in, pinch the edges to holdeverything in and bake til the crescent is done. Simple and easy!
That sounds really good. Wonder what it's be like if you chopped them into tiny pieces (1/4" x 1/4"), or almost a sauce and made a type of cup out of them? Friend of mine does a similar thing with egg roll shells, pulled/chopped chicken, and a white sauce. He puts the half shells into the small muffin tins, puts the filling into them and then folds the tops over loosely and bakes for a few minutes until warm.

That sounds really good. Wonder what it's be like if you chopped them into tiny pieces (1/4" x 1/4"), or almost a sauce and made a type of cup out of them? Friend of mine does a similar thing with egg roll shells, pulled/chopped chicken, and a white sauce. He puts the half shells into the small muffin tins, puts the filling into them and then folds the tops over loosely and bakes for a few minutes until warm.
Yesss! There are several ways to make them. Just google crescent roll apple pie recipes and make it your own. I rolled them up individually to begin with but that was kind of a hassle, so I just started making one big one and cutting them once baked.

Your friends recipe sounds delicious as well.

I'm thinking will have to hit up the local apple farms this weekend, or next. Couple of them are also new vineyards which should be about ready for wine from their own grapes...

My roommate and I will devour ten pounds of honeycrisp in a week no problem. Shocktop usually has a honeycrisp hard cider at some point along with their regular hard cider, and it is the BEST cider ever. I get a weird aftertaste from most hard ciders, but the honeycrisp one doesn't have it.

Favorite apple?

Favorite way to consume them?

How about apple juice and/or cider?

Braeburn apples are my favorite. I just tend to eat them, no cooking or pies or anything. Although they are a good all around apple. Can be used in pies, for juice, desserts, whatever.

I'll occasionally get a frozen concentrate apple juice (like once or twice a decade occasionally). Never cared for cider.

This reminds me of one obscure tidbit I learned in college a long long time ago. The oldest recipe known to humanity using apples.

Diced Pork and Matian Apples, comes from De Re Coquinaria (“On Cookery”), dating from the third century and attributed to a gourmand named Apicius, who lived two centuries before.

Minutal Matianum

Put in a sauce pan oil, broth finely chopped leeks, coriander, small tid-bits, cooked pork shoulder, cut into long strips including the skin, have everything equally half done. Add Matian* apples cleaned, the core removed, slice lengthwise and cook them together: meanwhile crush pepper, cumin, green coriander, or seeds, mint, laser root, moistened with vinegar, honey and broth and a little reduced must, add to this the broth of the above morsels, vinegar to taste, boil, skim, bind strain over the morsels sprinkle with pepper and serve.

---

*Named for Matius, ancient author, or because of the Matian apples used in this dish, also named for the same man.
This is not the first instance where fruits or vegetables were named for famous men. Beets, a certain kind of them were named for Varro, writer on agriculture. Matius, according to Varro, wrote a book on waiters, cooks, cellar men and food service in general, of which there is no trace today. It was already lost during Varro's days.

Status
Not open for further replies.