AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you put banners on charlesbot?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReinaStorm

Cam Model
Sep 20, 2015
United States
allmylinks.com
Twitter Username
@goddessgypsy
MFC Username
ReinaSunshine
Streamate Username
Goddess_Gypsy
Chaturbate Username
Goddess_Gypsy
I've noticed girls put banners on their page through Charlesbot.

When I first bought Charlesbot I asked the admin how to do it.

Here is what they said :
You have to submit the banner to MFC first as an emote, then use it like any other emote on MFC.

I am naive about these type things. So I saw this and the first thing I thought is what in the world is an emot? Lol. Then I realized it was what the guys put on the screen when they are trying to say something.

Well I have no idea how to submit an emot on MFC and where to submit it etc..

Can y'all please tell me how to get a banner to work on charlesbot so that I can put my banners on there?
I tried using the html from a banner on my page and that didn't work. I tried a few other things and they didn't work so I came here and searched for the answer. I saw other stuff on Charlesbot but nothing about how to add a banner. Thanks in advance for your help. Gypsy

Reactions: capricious_kitten
Make your image/banner.

Upload it to Imgur or some other picture hosting site. (you don't have to hit submit on imgur, you just have to upload it). Get the direct URL link to that image. Do that by right clicking on it and select 'Copy Image Address.'

chrome_2017-01-02_07-38-09.png

Go here and scroll to the bottom of the page. http://www.myfreecams.com/php/user_chat_images.php
(Looks like this)
chrome_2017-01-02_07-32-48.png

Paste that link in and fill out the rest. If the keyword is already taken for some other emote it will let you know, pick another.

It takes anywhere from a few hours to a day or two to get approved, depending on how busy they are.

Then in chat just type {colon keyword}, as in :happy or :banner371 and hit enter to see it. That colon keyword is what you would tell Charlesbot to type as well.

Make your image/banner.

Upload it to Imgur or some other picture hosting site. (you don't have to hit submit on imgur, you just have to upload it). Get the direct URL link to that image. Do that by right clicking on it and select 'Copy Image Address.'

View attachment 67865

Go here and scroll to the bottom of the page. http://www.myfreecams.com/php/user_chat_images.php
(Looks like this)
View attachment 67864

Paste that link in and fill out the rest. If the keyword is already taken for some other emote it will let you know, pick another.

It takes anywhere from a few hours to a day or two to get approved, depending on how busy they are.

Then in chat just type {colon keyword}, as in :happy or :banner371 and hit enter to see it. That colon keyword is what you would tell Charlesbot to type as well.
Oh my goodness thank you so much. I would have never been able to figure all of that out on my own. Your awesome and I appreciate it.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
A more efficient way to do this: upload your banners to your MFC photos when you're on the model admin page. You can either make an album for them, or keep them as "unassigned." Then add a short cut for it, and bam. Whenever you type :shortcut into your chat, the banner comes up, and you don't even have to wait for mfc to approve the images.

You can only use that short cut when you are logged on to your model name, so if you're ever doing a g/g or something where you'd be using another person's account, you would have to upload the image and shortcut to their account if you wanted to use it.

Have fun! :D it's a super helpful function to be able to use in your chat.

A more efficient way to do this: upload your banners to your MFC photos when you're on the model admin page. You can either make an album for them, or keep them as "unassigned." Then add a short cut for it, and bam. Whenever you type :shortcut into your chat, the banner comes up, and you don't even have to wait for mfc to approve the images.

You can only use that short cut when you are logged on to your model name, so if you're ever doing a g/g or something where you'd be using another person's account, you would have to upload the image and shortcut to their account if you wanted to use it.

Thank you so much. I appreciate you taking time to share this information with me.

Reactions: Picnic

Thanks again. I do have another question. Do I create the shortcut your talking about the same way Jerryboberry told me above? Or is there another way that you know about? You both are awesome for answering my question :)

Thanks again. I do have another question. Do I create the shortcut your talking about the same way Jerryboberry told me above? Or is there another way that you know about? You both are awesome for answering my question :)

Click on the picture after you have uploaded it, and you'll get a menu that looks like this. "Edit shortcut" is what you want :)

IMG_9769.PNG

You can only use that short cut when you are logged on to your model name,.

she's trying to have banners post automatically via charlesbot.

As you say, the photos you upload to your profile images, are only available on THAT profile. Charlesbot is running as charlesbot, not you so it wont have access to the emots. (at least by the shortcut code. you could specify the full url, assuming charlesbot will pass that through to mfc cleanly)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sevrin
she's trying to have banners post automatically via charlesbot.

As you say, the photos you upload to your profile images, are only available on THAT profile. Charlesbot is running as charlesbot, not you so it wont have access to the emots. (at least by the shortcut code. you could specify the full url, assuming charlesbot will pass that through to mfc cleanly)

Right, and the method I just explained will work with charlesbot.

Does anyone else use charlesbot in this way?

Are shortcut codes added to emots saved on a models profile always valid in that models room?
That would be new information.

Otherwise what I posted is correct based on known information:
If Quoting @Picnic "You can only use that short cut when you are logged on to your model name,."
and Charlesbot is not your model name
Therefore charlesbot cannot use that shortcut.

Just saying I'm wrong and throwing disagree ratings at me isn't helpful at all.
Saying, "no really I use it. It works for me this way. But I dont know why" would be a LOT less rude.

Just saying I'm wrong and throwing disagree ratings at me isn't helpful at all.
Saying, "no really I use it. It works for me this way. But I dont know why" would be a LOT less rude.

I do know other models who use it this way (besides myself).

I thought it was a little rude for you to completely disregard my experience as an MFC model and Charlesbot user, but that's okay. Sorry that my comment came off rudely as well.

Reactions: ReinaStorm

Unfortunately that won't work for CharlesBot though, as the model user is the only user that can use the shortcuts from her uploaded images.

edit: hah I replied before seeing the rest of the discussion but this has been my experience with CharlesBot, so not sure if/how other models got it to work.

Unfortunately that won't work for CharlesBot though, as the model user is the only user that can use the shortcuts from her uploaded images.

Strange, because it works for me. In fact, I just made a new ad using this method today. I even asked the people in my room if they could see it, just to double check, and they can see it.

Does it not work in your room?

Wondering if CB being able to read our short cut images is a new feature that came when it became a part of MFC, because it seems like a lot of models are unaware that this is a thing... but I promise it works in my room, I'm not crazy :giggle:

Strange, because it works for me. In fact, I just made a new ad using this method today. I even asked the people in my room if they could see it, just to double check, and they can see it.

Does it not work in your room?

Wondering if CB being able to read our short cut images is a new feature that came when it became a part of MFC, because it seems like a lot of models are unaware that this is a thing... but I promise it works in my room, I'm not crazy :giggle:
I just tested it right now. It posted a different emote with the same shortcut that I used.

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 10.03.38 AM.png

my :tldr posts this in my chat room when I do it on my model account
all goodies.png

I'm testing it again right now with a more obscure shortcut word...

I just tested it right now. It posted a different emote with the same shortcut that I used.

View attachment 67907

Try giving it a unique name and see if it works?

charlesad.jpg

^ that ad was created using the method I described above, and everyone else in the chat was able to see the image.

I named my image :tuesventure (which I'm guessing isn't a pre-existing emote on MFC).

Try giving it a unique name and see if it works?

View attachment 67910

^ that ad was created using the method I described above, and everyone else in the chat was able to see the image.

I named my image :tuesventure (which I'm guessing isn't a pre-existing emote on MFC).
I don't know why it works for you/some girls but not others/me (see above.)

• Wat?!
Reactions: Picnic
I don't know why it works for you/some girls but not others/me (see above.)

Same! I really want to get to the bottom of it. Asking some other models to test it out and report back with what they find.

ETA: Just had at least 1 model report back that it worked, even checked on a different browser/logged in, and it still shows up in guest mode for her.

Wondering if this was a change that came with CB when it became a part of MFC? Maybe having him for a while caused a glitch or something? Not sure how long you've had CB, but that's the only thing I can think of right now.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Same! I really want to get to the bottom of it. Asking some other models to test it out and report back with what they find.

ETA: Just had at least 1 model report back that it worked, even checked on a different browser/logged in, and it still shows up in guest mode for her.

Wondering if this was a change that came with CB when it became a part of MFC? Maybe having him for a while caused a glitch or something? Not sure how long you've had CB, but that's the only thing I can think of right now.
I FIGURED IT OUT!!

Ok, so it would seem if you add the command and ad with your shortcut IN THE PM WINDOW with CharlesBot it works, but NOT if you add it on the control panel on his website.
Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 10.46.40 AM.png

I FIGURED IT OUT!!

Ok, so it would seem if you add the command and ad with your shortcut IN THE PM WINDOW with CharlesBot it works, but NOT if you add it on the control panel on his website.
View attachment 67913

Ah, I always update my ads through the Charlesbot PM window, or even my own public chat room, so this totally makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up, Amber!

The shortcuts have been so helpful with using Charlesbot, I'm glad we can spread the knowledge to others!

Ah, I always update my ads through the Charlesbot PM window, or even my own public chat room, so this totally makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up, Amber!

The shortcuts have been so helpful with using Charlesbot, I'm glad we can spread the knowledge to others!
Yeah apparently CB saves the image in a particular way that when he reposts it, it isn't our personal shortcut anymore. So, yay!

Weird how picnic didn't throw a disagree rating on you.
I apologize if your feelings are hurt that a fellow trusted model in the community might seem to have more credibility than you. :p

I jest... no offense meant by this, just a poke. :)

But anyway we figured out that she was right, so...

Um this is vaguely off-topic but are @JubalCobb and @swarles123 the same person? The quoting has me confused...

On-topic, it's kind of dumb that the GUI doesn't work the same way as typing to Chaz in-room or in PM. I hope MFC (or the former developer) can fix that. I'm surprised it hasn't come up before. Fingers crossed!

• Helpful!
Reactions: ReinaStorm
well. that kinds defeats the entire purpose of changing my name if that post mapping the old name to the new name is gonna be available in the google index.

:(

well. that kinds defeats the entire purpose of changing my name if that post mapping the old name to the new name is gonna be available in the google index.

:(
If your old name still links to camsite/MFC stuff on other social media, why does it matter here?

Status
Not open for further replies.