AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How does a Cam Girl Colab Work?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been private messaging with a girl regarding a cam show colab and possibly videos as well sometime next month. I've never done this before, especially not with someone I've never met and I just don't know how to best proceed with this safely and to ensure payment is split equally and what not. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any advice at all would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Just my two cents here, but I would think it’d be best to meet and just hang out beforehand to make sure you two have some sort of chemistry before you go forward with actually camming and making videos together. However, if that’s not an option and you’re totally set on doing this, there’s a few things you can do to make sure you’re protected.

Keep your legal name to yourself. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been talking to this person, you still don’t actually know her. I’d also keep any and all personal information to myself, including address as well. You two could split the cost for a hotel room or air b&b type deal instead of camming/filming from one of your places.

As far as payments go, if you’re camming, you can cam from your own separate rooms and make your goals the same as one another’s. If one person has reached their goal first, they don’t set a new one until the other person’s goal is met. That way it’s fair and you guys are making roughly the same amount of money so no one has to send the other person money. But if it does end up being to where you need to send money (like if y’all rent a place), do it through something without your real name attached.

For videos, it’s much better to do a content trade. Neither of you will end up having the same video as the other, which is more fair because if you two posted the same video, one person is bound to sell it more which can lead to upset feelings. It also gives one person the chance to undercut the prices (this has personally happened to me), which again, can lead to some upset feelings. If you trade content the other person gets the right to do whatever they want with it just like you can sell your videos wherever you want for however much (unless of course you discuss not posting to certain sites or something like that).

Last thing, if you’re planning on swapping fluids at all, both of you need to get an up to date std test. Do not trust anyone at all who just says they are clean. This should be a given, but yeah.

I will say, from my personal experiences with camming with people who I met through camming and also camming with people I knew before I ever started camming, it’s not really worth it.

Just my two cents here, but I would think it’d be best to meet and just hang out beforehand to make sure you two have some sort of chemistry before you go forward with actually camming and making videos together. However, if that’s not an option and you’re totally set on doing this, there’s a few things you can do to make sure you’re protected.

Keep your legal name to yourself. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been talking to this person, you still don’t actually know her. I’d also keep any and all personal information to myself, including address as well. You two could split the cost for a hotel room or air b&b type deal instead of camming/filming from one of your places.

As far as payments go, if you’re camming, you can cam from your own separate rooms and make your goals the same as one another’s. If one person has reached their goal first, they don’t set a new one until the other person’s goal is met. That way it’s fair and you guys are making roughly the same amount of money so no one has to send the other person money. But if it does end up being to where you need to send money (like if y’all rent a place), do it through something without your real name attached.

For videos, it’s much better to do a content trade. Neither of you will end up having the same video as the other, which is more fair because if you two posted the same video, one person is bound to sell it more which can lead to upset feelings. It also gives one person the chance to undercut the prices (this has personally happened to me), which again, can lead to some upset feelings. If you trade content the other person gets the right to do whatever they want with it just like you can sell your videos wherever you want for however much (unless of course you discuss not posting to certain sites or something like that).

Last thing, if you’re planning on swapping fluids at all, both of you need to get an up to date std test. Do not trust anyone at all who just says they are clean. This should be a given, but yeah.

I will say, from my personal experiences with camming with people who I met through camming and also camming with people I knew before I ever started camming, it’s not really worth it.

I don't have anything to say about the camming aspect because I have zero experience duo camming, but I did want to make a comment about the video aspect! Content trade IS the best way to split payment. You shoot a video for one girl, then shoot a separate video for the other. Each one keeps all of the profits of their specific video, which makes things much easier to handle!

BUUUUUUUT, just be careful doing the content trade because if you want to sell it, you legally NEEED a copy of the other person's ID to comply with 2257 Regulations, and you also both need to sign a Model Release form in order to have the rights to sell it. Which obviously gives the other person a copy of your legal name. That's why it's best to never just shoot with a stranger and wait until there's a bit of trust before giving that bit of info away!

Thanks for that, that does sound like the best and smartest way for the video aspect. My top concerns are definitely mainly that I've never even met the girl so it's like I have no idea what I'm in for. I suppose the cam show cam go that way as well? Cam host on one girl's page then swap to the other girl's page and then both benefit from gaining new customers? That is very helpful in itself though, thank you!

from Collaborating with another model making content
Here's a short article I wrote concerning the basics.

Typically there's no agreement to remove content if you leave the industry. You'd need to write something like that into it. I feel like the wording would be really important with that so you might want legal help. Essentially you're talking about revoking copyright if certain conditions are no longer met which I'm not sure is even..possible legally.

https://www.cammodelexpress.com/todays-tip-paperwork-for-working-with-other-models/

I'm not a model, but i've herd of models outing other models. I'm talking about dropping their name, their address, extra. And you really need to be looking out for your own safety.

Reactions: MilaRose
So I've been private messaging with a girl regarding a cam show colab and possibly videos as well sometime next month. I've never done this before, especially not with someone I've never met and I just don't know how to best proceed with this safely and to ensure payment is split equally and what not. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any advice at all would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Thank you for posting this!! I’m back after an 8 year hiatus and was going to ask the same question. Except I don’t have any prospects. Not many girls in my area work on SM (at least not that I know of until I can get in the model forums). Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the advice and sorry Marceline for some reason I didn't see your post till now, but great advice! Yea.. with all of that it does sound like risky business and if you say you don't find it work it it would definitely be smarter for me to just not go through with it. Sucks because there are so many requests I get all the time for girl/girl content, but the struggle to just find someone you know you can trust is is tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.