AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How fast is your internet?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evvie

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 12, 2012
I'm curious!

I usespeedtest.net to check out my Internet speeds when trying to figure out how to improve my placement.

But this has made me curious about the Internet that YOU guys have!

It was also very interesting for me to see the download/upload/ping speeds between the three different browsers I use.

For me, I average about 25mbps download, 2.25mbps upload, and ping varies by browser (Opera is the lowest with an average of 15, Chrome and Firefox both average about 22). When using Firefox, my download speed never capped 15mbps, which I think has to be an error.

Did a speed test while BJ's streaming a show, I'm streaming a show, I'm uploading a clip, copying other clips to a new folder and tumblr and facebook are open in the background. We get our internet through Comcast and we both use Chrome.

Reactions: Evvie
2441907086.png

This is on our laptop out in the living room, so obviously wireless. Sadly, it's not much higher in my cam room where the desktop is hardwired. It's the best our ISP will give up without paying out the booty for a "business connection" :crybaby:

Best option we get out here in the middle of nowhere, it's usually a little faster but not by much.

Pretty good stuff.

Nordling said:
I win! Slowest speed that's not dial-up on the planet!

2442163379.png
Faster than 56% of the US...

:think:

:whistle: I will take 'the slowest' crown now thank you..... :king:
Sorry about that Nord... :shifty:

2442193779.png

Just out of curiosity, whats the slowest upload you girls can cam with and not be all pixelated and jumpy ?
[ not hd obviously, but just a good picture....]

Reactions: Nordling
SoTxBob said:

2442193779.png

Just out of curiosity, whats the slowest upload you girls can cam with and not be all pixelated and jumpy ?
Streamate recommends at least an upload speed of .6mbps to use the fancy-pants encoder.

Mine varies between

2442524932.png

(just now)

and completely unable to complete the test because it times out (whenever I really need to get anything done online).

When it's fast it almost always still has moments every hour or so where it slows to a trickle or disconnects completely, which is constantly a pain in the ass. A couple of days a month on average (but much more often last summer!) my connection will go out completely or nearly so for hours (or days) on end. Calling Comcast results in them telling me there is no problem or that it's on my end, until a few days later there is a "local outage" and a truck gets sent to clear it up.

I have business internet and this is the best it gets here, unless I pay upwards of $175 a month for internet, a cost that I just can't justify.

this is my 63 euro (including cable and phone) p/m speed, if i get the highest available it would be around 120 mbit download
the upload would be 10, so for camming that would be intresting...
but that would cost me 120 euro's... so fuck it :lol:

edit to add: i just noticed that overall our speed here is faster.. while i'm 15 mbit faster than the 95% of the states, i'm at 89% of holland... curious!

This is actually the fastest internet I've had while camming and the best speeds and connection available to me. That is, unless I pay more per hour of streaming than I'd actually make while camming (with Verizon).

I'm starting superfast broadband in like a week at my new flat, apparently they think I'll get like 20 upload speed, will have to re do the test and see! The flat's in a really shit area so had to do bt infinity just to get a half decent speed!

SoTxBob said:

2442193779.png

This is what my speeds were before I had a chance to switch just a few months ago. I feel for ya.

My internet is shit. Shitty shitty shit. As soon as my contract is up I'm moving provider. Talk Talk are poo for anyone considering using them. Don't do it!

Also, for security conscious folk, these speedtest images detail your rough location. It does seem to be rough (I don't live in Milton Keynes but I'm not too far from it) but you may or may not wanna crop the image if you're worried about potential stalkery.

EDIT: It won't let me post mine but my DL was 1.63 Mbps and upload was 0.73 :(

mynameisbob84 said:
My internet is shit. Shitty shitty shit. As soon as my contract is up I'm moving provider. Talk Talk are poo for anyone considering using them. Don't do it!

Also, for security conscious folk, these speedtest images detail your rough location. It does seem to be rough (I don't live in Milton Keynes but I'm not too far from it) but you may or may not wanna crop the image if you're worried about potential stalkery.

EDIT: It won't let me post mine but my DL was 1.63 Mbps and upload was 0.73 :(

i was seeing that as well.. and cropped mine out... thanks for mentioning

I have the fastest internet package available for my house, but it still looks so pitiful compared to a lot of the others in this thread. :crybaby:

sb3vV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.