AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How long should I wait for a custom?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2016
So I just ordered a custom on iwantclips and paid for a 2-week delivery. Should I ask for an update at let say 1 week from now or it’s only appropriate to ask for an update after 2 weeks pass? Should I only expect the video to arrive precisely at the 2-week point or models generally send it out sooner than that? Thanks.

So I just ordered a custom on iwantclips and paid for a 2-week delivery. Should I ask for an update at let say 1 week from now or it’s only appropriate to ask for an update after 2 weeks pass? Should I only expect the video to arrive precisely at the 2-week point or models generally send it out sooner than that? Thanks.

No. PLEASE don't bother the model by asking for an update sooner than the time frame specified. It's very rude and annoying when guys do this. No one here can tell you when the model will send it out. She may send it earlier than stated, or she may send it out right at around two weeks. Just be patient. If you don't like waiting that long for a custom, some models have an option where you can pay extra to have it delivered to you sooner.

Yummybrownfox is right. It is definitely not appropriate to ask for an update in a week, and not really cool to expect it BEFORE the two week mark if you that's what you paid for. If you wanted the custom finished and delivered at the end of the week, then you should shell out the extra to have it finished in a week's time. If you didn't have the option to do so, then it's not an option she offers, and there's probably a reason for that. Either way, you still need to be patient for those first two weeks. She probably has many other customs to get to before yours, so messaging in a week, asking if she's filmed it yet... Not a super cool move, and one that's almost guaranteed to ensure you don't receive your custom until the absolute last possible minute of the deadline. Models aren't a super fan of that kind of pressure, and it's pretty rude to expect it earlier than the deadline you paid for. If she sends it way early, great! Fantastic! Just think of it as a special bonus! But certainly don't expect it or pressure her to deliver it sooner than the two-weeks you paid for. As long as she sends it by the deadline, then she's done exactly what your order form requested.

So yeah. The best move is to be patient and wait for the full two weeks! If you haven't received your custom by the time the deadline has passed, or if she requests an extension on the deadline, then THAT is the appropriate time to send a message requesting an update on the custom status. If she doesn't send the custom in time, you'll get your money back and can start again, so you don't lose anything by being patient and polite!

so messaging in a week, asking if she's filmed it yet... Not a super cool move, and one that's almost guaranteed to ensure you don't receive your custom until the absolute last possible minute of the deadline. Models aren't a super fan of that kind of pressure, and it's pretty rude to expect it earlier than the deadline you paid for.
All of what was said above, especially THIS ^^^^
Absolute last possible minute. Very rude to pester sooner.

You picked a great site to order a custom from, btw. I wish the poor guy in that other thread (Who tipped on CB for a custom video and got ripped off) had used IWantClips to place a custom order. IWC will hold your money in escrow until the model delivers the order. Same with ExtraLunchMoney. I have no idea which other sites do that?

You picked a great site to order a custom from, btw. I wish the poor guy in that other thread (Who tipped on CB for a custom video and got ripped off) had used IWantClips to place a custom order. IWC will hold your money in escrow until the model delivers the order. Same with ExtraLunchMoney. I have no idea which other sites do that?
Manyvids does too if I remeber correctly

Manyvids does too if I remeber correctly

This is good to know! I was wondering if their custom video feature does escrow too. I'm on MV, but haven't used that feature yet. Instead I had someone use the 'Make it rain' tip feature to buy a custom.

Also APClips

If you paid for a two week delivery then expect it to arrive at the 2 week mark. Based on my own personal experience as well as chatting with model friends, the consensus is that we find it annoying if you're checking up on the delivery (even though we also get that you're excited)!!! ;) Keep in mind models do have other customs to do...likely are on cam during the day, filming scenes, etc. depending on what their jobs entail. So it's courteous to wait to the deadline. :)

I can only agree with what everyone else said in this thread! It'd be pretty rude to ask for the content before the 2 weeks are up. I mean, you already know about the 2 week delivery time. Why push it? If you do, you might risk antagonizing the model. Just be patient, it'll be worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.