AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How many of you started camming as a non-professional hobby?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anique

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Apr 7, 2015
Vermont
aniqueamour.tumblr.com
Twitter Username
@_BBWNymph_
Tumblr Username
AniqueAmour
MFC Username
BBW_Nymph
Streamate Username
Anique
There are plenty out there, but there's a catch: these camgirls fulfill their own fantasies, not simply what the other person wants to see. That's why it pisses me off SOOOOOO much when guys beg us for free shit. There's a whole world out there... Why are they approaching the girls who want to be paid for our talent? Because we've honed the craft to the point where it is an actual professional performance.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make a living while having fun. What we offer is far beyond what "free" camgirls will ever do.

Technically, I have been camming since I was 18. I used to do it from my dorm room when my roommates were away. I did it for fun and never thought to capitalize on it, though I was ECSTATIC when I found out about that option. I'm an exhibitionist, so it turns me on. I've met quite a few camgirls who started out this way, but others who didn't (not that I blame them). So I was wondering if any of you have similar stories.

Anique:h:

The person who introduced me to camming initially sold it to me because I am a total pervert. However, I am not a performer I am coming to find out. So, really, it is hot to me, and it does turn me on, and I love getting to talk about sex all day and be naked sometimes. I know I will never actually be able to make a "career" out of it, so I guess right now besides having no other way to pay my bills I am actually doing it for non-professional reasons...? Maybe... I'm still trying to figure it all out .

Very interesting question. It would be interesting indeed to know the percentage of girls who began motivated by pleasure, by personal desire, for fantasy, and those who started immediately as a career.

I'm only new to your forum. But may I make a suggestion? It would be nice to add a survey feature for threads like this one. It would allow each one to express herself anonymously and compare herself to others.

A camgirls fan. :)

I'm not actually a cam girl yet (hoping to start by the end of October) but I have gone onto the members section of MFC and turned my cam on. I am an exhibitionist, and my boyfriend loves to show me off! I am interested in turning camming into a second job, I'm really excited about the opportunity to make content for people and do shows. But more than just the money, I'm excited about being able to fulfill my fantasies at the same time! :happy:

I'm only new to your forum. But may I make a suggestion? It would be nice to add a survey feature for threads like this one. It would allow each one to express herself anonymously and compare herself to others.

There's a feature that people can use when they make a new thread like this. It's called "Post a Poll" when you create a new thread. You can make the question, answers, and how many options people can choose. It's up to each new thread-creator to decide whether they want to use that feature!

• Helpful!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
I definitely started doing it for pleasure, though I did need the extra money too. I've always held down a vanilla job though, so I knew I wouldn't have to rely on it to make a living. Before I started camming, I would just go on omegle and basically put on free shows for whoever. I just like showing off. Then I found out I could actually get money for it, so there's where becoming a cam girl started.

I am not a "camgirl", but, I can give you my perspective and say that I do this recreationally. I little extra here and there to get some things I like and make money while doing something I enjoy? Win-Win.

I did do it for fun when I was younger. I think it was a safe way for me to explore my sexuality... but really I was just a super horny teenager. (eep).
And now I'm just a super horny adult! haha, so not a lot has changed.

My boyfriend was actually the first person to suggest it to me, about a year ago. I had a full-time job at the time, working as a chef in a restaurant. I, being the oversexed being that I am, was of course on board. I have a Tumblr friend (who I am quite close with) who is on Streamate, & she "invited" me to join after asking how she started. So after a few days of verification, I was all set to go! For a while, I only went on about one to two days a week because I was wicked busy with work & seeing my bf & such. After moving out of my house I shared with my brothers, my boyfriend & I moved in together to an apartment, & started camming a bit more (I go solo on MFC, & him & I share the cam on Streamate :p). I very recently put in my two weeks at the restaurant, & my last day was this past Saturday! So I am now a full time cam girl! I fell in love with it immediately & as soon as I started I knew I wanted to do this forever, & I'm so fuckin happy about it I could just explode :D :h:

• Hugs
Reactions: eyeteach
My ex suggested it to me since I had just graduated from college and I was dreading entering the work force in the industry I studied, so I just sat around all day every day doing nothing. I thought it could be fun and I didnt have much hesitation given my history with other forms of sex work. I dont know what I expected going into it, I was riding high on left over student loan money so I didnt start because I needed the cash. I mainly started on a whim because I was bored and wanted the attention, the freedom, and earning potential. After I had started, I wasnt making much but I persisted because it was a challenge, and I wanted to overcome the odds.

Here I am now, 3 years later, camming as a career. Stuff has been worse now than it was when I started, but Im still enjoying it. Though I am applying for a "vanilla job" tomorrow to make ends meet... so... yep.

I started camming as a way to start feeling comfortable about people seeing my naked body (prior to camming, only one bf had ever seen me naked and the first time he saw me naked was when I was giving birth) and wasn't too focused on money or a schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.