AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to become legit enough to reply to verification thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didja read the whole post?

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/model-verification-requests.27650/

**For anyone reading this who wonders why there's a time and post requirement, I'll explain just a tad.

Patience in waiting a period of time shows you actually care enough and really want to be part of the MO group. In the past we've had so many cam models who sign up, ask for verification without spending any time here, get in MO and just lurk for months before getting removed for inactivity. I don't like to pander to people who treat it like that. This new process has proven to be wonderful. Those that get verified now are actually interacting in the MO section and adding value to it.

Having a post requirement forces you to interact and show us a little about yourself and learn the interface of the forum. I like to get a feel for a person before I verify them. There are some folks who have never asked for verification, but given their interactions in the past, I'd never allow it. For most, I feel confident letting them in the group as I've seen they are polite and know how to use the forum properly enough to make a good handful of posts. :)

As far as the post requirement goes--is there an exact number or is it just frequent quality postings that matter?
Much like MFC doesn't give their exact algorithm, I'll only say yes there is a number. :) It isn't extremely high at all, and in a week of posting should be surpassed by any active newcomer.
Can you be approved BEFORE you go live as a CAM girl?
Sorry, no, but there is a ton of info in the public section of this forum to get you well beyond started when you're brand new.

Reactions: Kiki Jane
Every post I read says get verified and theres a plethora of information there. Yeah I dont think the public threads here have enough information to get me started at all lol.

How would you even know considering you haven't even started?
The owner of the forum who happens to be a long term cammer just told you there is enough but somehow you know better?

Every post I read says get verified and theres a plethora of information there. Yeah I dont think the public threads here have enough information to get me started at all lol.

We purposely have numerous threads in the public sections for new cammers. I highly recommend them. Also, take a peek at the camgirl wiki. There is a plethora of information outside model's only, you just gotta, like, read it.

Even without models only access there is SO much information compiled from the last few years. I literally read though page after page before I got verified and that alone was incredibly helpful (and this was a few years back since then the public info has grown tons).To be blunt, this industry requires a LOT of self-research, confidence and motivation on your own. The threads won't give you that alone-with camming you just kind of have to take a dive and go for it.

Yet somehow the rest of us did it. Being self-sufficient is an important aspect to being successful in camming.

Im definitely self sufficent lol I have a full notebook on My New Cam Life. Ive went all the way back to 2010 on this forum alone. Then I finally made a profile. I watch cam models in my niche daily and again take notes on things I like about their show that Id like to implement etc. Lol Ive read all the wikis for all the sites. Ive done it all I still feel as though there is a piece of this Im not grasping maybe that comes with on the job training. Thanks for all your replies. I kind of figured the only way to hit the learning curve is to just jump in.

No need to be snarky. I think my question was very relevant. If you feel it wasnt its so easy to bypass. Jeez

Last edited:
Im definitely self sufficent lol I have a full notebook on My New Cam Life. Ive went all the way back to 2010 on this forum alone. Then I finally made a profile. I watch cam models in my niche daily and again take notes on things I like about their show that Id like to implement etc. Lol Ive read all the wikis for all the sites. Ive done it all I still feel as though there is a piece of this Im not grasping maybe that comes with on the job training. Thanks for all your replies. I kind of figured the only way to hit the learning curve is to just jump in.

No need to be snarky. I think my question was very relevant. If you feel it wasnt its so easy to bypass. Jeez
This forum is fueled by snark. It's how we bond.

And good luck with camming. The hardest but most important step is to finally take the plunge. If you wait until you feel fully prepared then you'll never do it. The learning process never stops.

Making a post to say that there wasn't enough in the public section comes off as really ungrateful to the hours that Amber and other models have put into creating threads and wikis *specifically* for the benefit of new/potential models. I know Amber has intentionally created threads for newbies who don't have model access, as have other girls, because they wanted to share their expertise. I contributed to the Camgirl Wiki, not because it benefitted me to do so, but because I know I would've appreciated that resource when I was starting. If you felt that all the discussion shared in public wasn't useful, you didn't need to comment on that, but you chose to.

I didnt say anything wasnt useful.
Im a researcher by trade an overthinker by birth. I knew I was on the money you were offended. Every individual is uniquely different in the way they learn and absorb information.

Anywho stay blessed.

Making a post to say that there wasn't enough in the public section comes off as really ungrateful to the hours that Amber and other models have put into creating threads and wikis *specifically* for the benefit of new/potential models. I know Amber has intentionally created threads for newbies who don't have model access, as have other girls, because they wanted to share their expertise. I contributed to the Camgirl Wiki, not because it benefitted me to do so, but because I know I would've appreciated that resource when I was starting. If you felt that all the discussion shared in public wasn't useful, you didn't need to comment on that, but you chose to.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Vera
Thank you I think your right if I keep reading and finding new things I feel I need to learn everything about I will never do it.

This forum is fueled by snark. It's how we bond.

And good luck with camming. The hardest but most important step is to finally take the plunge. If you wait until you feel fully prepared then you'll never do it. The learning process never stops.

Camming is like having kids, or alternatively buying a boat: there's never a perfect time to do so. You just gotta work up the nerve and prep as best you can. It's a total pain in the ass but also incredibly rewarding.

(Spoken as a watercraft aficionado. I don't have kids so I am surmising here.)

You also have a wiki: camgirlwiki.com

Also check out the camming connection on stripperweb.com

Im a researcher by trade an overthinker by birth. I knew I was on the money you were offended. Every individual is uniquely different in the way they learn and absorb information.

Anywho stay blessed.

Instead of assuming Gen is offended, (knowing her, she's probably not) this is when you realize you may of stepped on some toes. Maybe apologize for being or coming off as ungrateful? Don't be a bitch.

Last edited:
You also have a wiki: camgirlwiki.com

Also check out the camming connection on stripperweb.com

Instead of assuming Gen is offended, (knowing her, she's probably not) this is when you realize you may of stepped on some toes. Maybe apologize for being or coming off as ungrateful? Don't be a bitch.
Yeah, I'm definitely not offended and tbh don't really care one way or the other; if the info isn't sufficient for you, okay. I also hadn't commented before that post so nothing to be on the money about, haha. Just explaining that people were snarky because your post came across as dismissive to everything all these models have graciously put out there. I also think veteran models have a better idea of what info you need compared to someone who's never done it. But if you feel there's some info you want and don't see, you can always post a thread.

Anyway, good luck with camming. I hope it goes well for you.

If you feel like there's some big secret to success that you're missing out on, it's because there isn't one. What you need to know before starting is: sites, equipment, and safety. Those are all available in abundance in public areas. If you have those down, all that's left to do is log on.

Anywho stay blessed.

Gen wasn't offended and her post was a helpful one. She was trying to tell you exactly why your post came across poorly - she was trying to help you because frankly, your post was rather rude and entitled, neither of which is the best way to get started on this forum. Gen is one of the sweetest, nicest, most helpful people you will ever meet in your life, which is why I don't see why your snarkiness towards her was necessary, nor the rudeness towards Amber. :( (Rudeness towards Amber and Gen definitely offends me, tbh).

She is totally right. Amber has probably spent thousands of hours of her own time, her own money, her own energy in creating this forum to help cam models, both new and experienced. She has done this out of the kindness of her heart, asking for nothing in return. And the same goes for the models who have spent time answering questions in this public forum. Many models have spent endless hours trying to help new models. And no one had to do this. Which means that complaining about not being allowed access to the Models Only corner, saying that the public information isn't enough - it's super ungrateful and rude and entitled. There are so many people here willing to help, willing to answer questions, willing to offer advice. But no one HAS to do this. In an industry that is crazy competitive like online sex work - it's fucking AMAZING that so many models here want to help other new models succeed.

Yet all Amber asks is that you be a verified model and that you make a few posts to prove your activeness. That's it. That's not very hard. If you cannot do that, then this isn't the field of work for you. If you cannot be friendly to the people who are trying to help you, then this isn't the forum for you. I promise, the public forums have ALL the information you need in order to get started, and that is more information than most of us had when we first got started. Many of us had to figure it out for ourselves. Yet when I see models arrive and complain about not having MORE information - it's pretty astounding to me. Every individual is different and learns differently - yet every cam model needs to be independent enough to do the work for herself.

We can give you all of the information in the world, yet not all of it will apply to you. Because every model is different, every room is different, every style and hustle and different. We can give you the basics, but you have to run with them and figure out what works best for you. There is no secret formula, there is no magic code to unlock Ultimate Camgirl Success. If there was, we'd all be millionaires! Alas, that's not the case. But you have everything you need in order to get started - and even more, you have a group of models who will answer questions if you post them. That's a HUGE resource that anyone can take advantage of, but it helps to be friendly and polite towards those who are genuinely trying to be helpful. :(

@GenXoxo from my newb heart from when I joined around November of last year you were, essentially, my first model interaction, you're one of the nicest people on here and I agree with everything that @paige_orion said. That, of course, includes Amber as well :p

As someone that was a moderator for multiple other forums, it's not uncommon for there to be a post limit before you're given access to the more informative sections of forums. In fact, it's kind of forum 101 nowadays, especially with forums that deal with competitive fields, like e-sports, Let's Play, and sex work. It's not a hard thing to do, and honestly there are lots of places to post in the public areas on this forum, a lot more places than other spaces I'm part of in my vanilla life. Honestly, you guys have it good here! You have a great plethora of things to talk about, from the Random Chat, the General Cam Chat, the video game area, the music stuff, there's so much for you to post and participate in there's no reason to not have an active role in the community before applying for verification.

Just saying.

You're going to need to get thicker skin before you put yourself out there. If Gen and Amber seem like people who are somehow worthy of snark, you're not going to like the folks you meet on cam. Maybe try clips?

Echoing what a lot of the others are saying, it's best to just go online and give it a whirl! I'd suggest starting on Streamate, because there's no camscore or hanky panky allowed in the free chat. Just give yourself permission to be online and see what it's like. Decide beforehand what you will or won't do, and stick to it. If you have questions, ask in this forum before you're verified for MO, and you should be verified before you know it. Good luck! I've been on there for a year, and am still learning new things.

What you need to know before starting is: sites, equipment, and safety. Those are all available in abundance in public areas. If you have those down, all that's left to do is log on.
Exactly this. I was just thinking about what info a new model should have in order to be as prepared as possible before starting, and I came up with: how to set up your tech and lighting, how the features of your site(s) work, how to not sign up with a studio, how to avoid common customer scams, what rates are way too low, how to buy body safe toys, and enough general knowledge of anatomy to avoid hurting yourself. Once you have those things, you're ready to go. Pretty much everything else has to come from on the job learning, because...
We can give you all of the information in the world, yet not all of it will apply to you. Because every model is different, every room is different, every style and hustle and different.
You are a unique product that has never been seen before in the world. If you own the only unicorn on Earth, you can talk to horse people, pony people, donkey people, and even zebra people, but no one can tell you exactly how to market unicorn rides (not that anyone here is a common zebra owner - we all have our own unique mythical creatures :happy: ).

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I wasn't offended by the way. But first impressions are lasting, and my first impression was that you didn't really know what was up on the forum and making sorta rude assumptions. So

k then.

Was my way of just saying whatever, find your info somewhere else then. Didn't appreciate the comment.

All that's hiding in Models Only that you can't find in the public section is my incessant bitching about mundane stuff.

All that's hiding in Models Only that you can't find in the public section is my incessant bitching about mundane stuff.

And the TMI thread where we complain about diarrhea and stuff. :haha:

Oops I mean GIRLS NEVER POOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.