AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to Clear Recent Chat From a Banned MFC Member

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I read a thread earlier today on ACF that complained that you could ban a member on MFC but not clear any offensive chat from that member. Unfortunately that thread is closed for further comment. I just noticed in reading the MFC documentation on the /ban command that there is a way to clear recent chat.

If you issue the command
/ban baduser

that will just ban the user.

But if you instead add the option -c that will ban and also clear the recent chat of the user:
/ban -c baduser

Unfortunately, MFC hides this a bit by making the documentation about this a "Note" hidden under the usage section.

And if you don't want to ban the user, you can just kick them or mute them and then clear the recent messages with:
/mute -c baduser

@Magnolia if you do it from the GUI interface, and if you wanted to ban a user for 24 hours, would you need to do two separate actions?

1) Ban and Clear Chat (to clear the chat)
2) Ban for 24 Hours (to undo the lifetime ban of the first command and replace it with the shorter-timeframe ban)

Is there any user documentation for the web broadcaster that includes screenshots?

@Magnolia if you do it from the GUI interface, and if you wanted to ban a user for 24 hours, would you need to do two separate actions?

1) Ban and Clear Chat (to clear the chat)
2) Ban for 24 Hours (to undo the lifetime ban of the first command and replace it with the shorter-timeframe ban)

Is there any user documentation for the web broadcaster that includes screenshots?
If a selection you chose does not include the clear chat option then yes, you have to also select a clear chat option. Models can always go into their profiles.myfreecams.com and edit their ban list to lifetime from there if needed. I have no idea if it resets the ban from lifetime to something else, I always make sure to edit my ban list off the broadcaster.

If I want to ban, clear chat, and extend to lifetime, here's my process:

1. Click user, select "Ban & Clear Chat".
  2. In that same menu, select "Ignore user" (because I don't want to hear from them at all, Ban doesn't block PM/MFC Mail/Tip notes like Ignore does. )
  3. Open a PM window with said user, click the button at top of PM window for Ban options - extend to lifetime.
That seems to be the quickest and easiest.

If I want to ban, clear chat, and extend to lifetime, here's my process:

1. Click user, select "Ban & Clear Chat".
  2. In that same menu, select "Ignore user" (because I don't want to hear from them at all, Ban doesn't block PM/MFC Mail/Tip notes like Ignore does. )
  3. Open a PM window with said user, click the button at top of PM window for Ban options - extend to lifetime.
That seems to be the quickest and easiest.

You should suggest to Leo they make a new option on the menu that does all of that in one. Label it 'The Whole Shebang."

Status
Not open for further replies.