AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to deal with the highs and lows of camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelylaura

Deactivated Account
May 25, 2020
I really struggle with the inconsistencies of camming. Last night at this time I had the best time, mainly because of the users in my room. They were tipping and chatting. Tonight it was awful. 1 hour and no one even said hello. It wears on me emotionally. Then a viewer said users react to the model. What about when the model is topless and tries to be friendly and spends 45 minutes with not a single tip or person chatting? I mean I see it as a two way street. The users inspire a lot of the action. And when they mostly come in and just lurk silently , it’s pretty hard for the model to stay positive and put on a good show.

Yes perhaps. I have had about enough of CB as I can take. Already wasted 2 hrs on there for $5
Nobody here will tell us the secret how come top models whenever they log in even outside schdule or many times a day or once in 4 days,get exactly the same numbers of viewers.Seems like if you get a number that is your number regardless if your show is 100 times better than theirs.And let's face it-I am shocked what attracts men on Cb-not only no beauty but truly boring and there are some other things at work there that has nothing to do with the model itself.Some are for some reason priviledged and some never will be.And I am sure top models here know the secret but ofc never will share and I understand that.Just it would be easier for the rest of us to know

Upvote 0
I witnessed a model in pajamas and sweat pants yesterday on CB make more than many others. She was feeling sad and discouraged with a slow night. Then got a long private. None if it makes sense to me.

Upvote 0
There are probably a lot of users lurking here, so putting a link to your CB profile in the bio here is probably as good a start as anything. I went to CB and just couldn't find you with the handle you use here.
Also: I have no statistics to back this up, but I get a distinct feeling the crowd on CB is different than on other sites. Try splitcamming to e.g. MFC or StripChat to check the response? If that's technically possible for you.

Sounds to me like your CB career just isn't worth it, and if your souring to the whole experience it could easily enter into a negative spiral.

Just some random thoughts ...

Upvote 0
Have you tried MFC, stripchat, SM? My experiences between CB and MFC were like night and day. I still have plenty of dead/quiet time on MFC of course, but on CB I would make like a dollar an hour if I was lucky haha

Upvote 0
I have the same problem its annoying. It's really a roller coaster. But for me lately on cb I have nothing.. some nights I spend the whole night with only me in the room. Not even anonymous.... it's really only me myself and I.

The strategy that I've been using lately that has worked is: cam on other sites at the same time.

I just can't stay in 1 camsite anymore. I recommend you to keep online on CB but also join others like Stripchat - CamSoda - CAM4 - MFC - the list goes on... if you're having a bad day on Chaturbate these others will save you :) stay online at the same time in all of them.

Reactions: lovelylaura
Upvote 0
Have you tried MFC, stripchat, SM? My experiences between CB and MFC were like night and day. I still have plenty of dead/quiet time on MFC of course, but on CB I would make like a dollar an hour if I was lucky haha
I did try MFC for about 1 month. I could not get traffic. It was dead and depressing.

Upvote 0
There are probably a lot of users lurking here, so putting a link to your CB profile in the bio here is probably as good a start as anything. I went to CB and just couldn't find you with the handle you use here.
Also: I have no statistics to back this up, but I get a distinct feeling the crowd on CB is different than on other sites. Try splitcamming to e.g. MFC or StripChat to check the response? If that's technically possible for you.

Sounds to me like your CB career just isn't worth it, and if your souring to the whole experience it could easily enter into a negative spiral.

Just some random thoughts ...
I dont have the equipment to split cam at the moment. I have tried MFC, but could not get many viewers. Have yet to try stream mate or strip chat.

Upvote 0
The more I am on CB the more I hate it. I logged in happy today and spent 1 hour on cam. I did not make a nickel.
And once again only 3 people even acknowledged me.

It makes me feel absolutely horrible. And this is an everyday occurrence. Really think it’s time to take a long break or quit altogether. No matter how positive I am, users just don’t engage, and it’s boring and not fun. The other night I danced, had my nice tits out, and still only 1 person out of 150 chatted and tipped. It’s very frustrating.

Upvote 0
The more I am on CB the more I hate it. I logged in happy today and spent 1 hour on cam. I did not make a nickel.
And once again only 3 people even acknowledged me.

It makes me feel absolutely horrible. And this is an everyday occurrence. Really think it’s time to take a long break or quit altogether. No matter how positive I am, users just don’t engage, and it’s boring and not fun. The other night I danced, had my nice tits out, and still only 1 person out of 150 chatted and tipped. It’s very frustrating.
Hi!! I understand your frustration, the same happens to me on MFC , I have been trying SM and it has been way better, even tho I don't get a lot of traffic , MFC was soooo depressing ahhaha but I'll try it out again when I know more about camming ❤❤❤

Upvote 0
CB is just a roller coaster. I just had 1 good hour when I first got on, mainly due to 2 nice guys tipping and chatting which kept me positive and smiling. Once they left, it was 2 hours of mostly silence and a few tips here and there. I think I made $5 the last 2 hours—-ugg! And sometimes it doesn’t matter what you say or do , it just doesn’t work. Naked and positive doesn’t always equate to success (But many users will tell you it does—-not true). Very very difficult.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried CB but I made 0.10$ the first 3 hours on MFC hahahahahahahhahaahha it is funny now but I did fucked up my camscore so now I waiting to have a better place to cam and then, try again. Yes, users will tell you to get naked to get more tips, even on SM a guy has been coming to my room to tell me he's my "Lucky Charm" and if I show him my nipples for free I'll get 30 golds by the end of the shift hahahahaha

Upvote 0
Sometimes it helps to make a new account on cb. Many models do that and for some it works but it also depends on the performance of the model.
And in my experience weird/ Original/ funny things can help a lot too. What i dont like as visitor (and i think most visitors) is when a model is sitting still looking on her Phone or barely communicates with the visitors (same when a model is a lot on other site(s).
I see the most fun in no-nude rooms because the chat is mostly alive and i experienced a few times with models to make the tipmenu and other app prices, that worked out really well with the weird/ funny items.

Upvote 0
I only cam on 1 site. I try to engage with my viewers on CB. My biggest hurdle and frustration is getting them to engage back. Sometimes I feel I should not even try to engage, as it leaves me emotionally exhausted at the end of the day, when 99% just lurk and jerk.

Upvote 0
I can imagine that it must be so frustrating. There are just a few people that talk. Even in rooms with 100+ visitors it happens.
And most of the messages is: PM, Pm for pvt, pm important question... grrrrr I made a gif for that. code is : pmbegging1
I really dont know why people sit in rooms for a long time without saying a word to the model.

Upvote 0
Thank you. I say the same things. As a model I feed off the users energy or lack of energy. And I always say, if you engage , tip a bit it makes it fun. I get way too many that just lurk endlessly in silence then criticize me for not being positive. Then when I bring up tipping I get criticized by a select few (the ones that don’t tip usually) for asking for tips.
Just block people like that, they'll never contribute anything positive to your room.

Upvote 0
I can imagine that it must be so frustrating. There are just a few people that talk. Even in rooms with 100+ visitors it happens.
And most of the messages is: PM, Pm for pvt, pm important question... grrrrr I made a gif for that. code is : pmbegging1
I really dont know why people sit in rooms for a long time without saying a word to the model.
They ask you to pm for private, and never go private most times. Now I have a no pm rule. However, most come in and pm you anyway just to say hi—-beyond annoying!

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
They ask you to pm for private, and never go private most times. Now I have a no pm rule. However, most come in and pm you anyway just to say hi—-beyond annoying!

Yea i really dislike those pm beggars. New models i mostly advice to set a pm price for a minimum of 20 tokens. Pm's just have a negative effect on the room. Communication with other people goes slower, it can take models away from performing and 90% of the "pm for pvt" "pm i have an offer" never tip a token or going private.
If they really want pvt they can use tipnote to in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I was not on CB for more than 5 minutes today when user inrut64 posted in my public chat “fuck you you useless cunt”, and next post was “ fuck you crabby cunt get a job”. What a lovely individual to screenshot and report to CB.

I cant imagine what a wonderful life and person he must be to purposely come into my room the minute I got online to post that.

Upvote 0
I'm on MFC which is definitely more chatty and community oriented then CB tends to be. If you like chatters and want a chatty room, maybe take a stab at MFC?

How long have you been camming? It took me about 8 months of consistent (5 days a week) camming before I had a room of regulars that consistently wants to talk.

Also, I know it's hard to stay online after 30 minutes of silence, but often, pushing through a couple of hours of quiet is how you find new people. I've had some of my best days when the first two hours were pretty dead and then I earned a ton of tokens in the third hour. Especially since you're on CB and don't have camscore to worry about, more time online is definitely a good thing.

I've found this isn't a great idea. It tends to scare a lot of people off if they feel called out in front of a whole room of people. In my experience, it's better to let people lurk for a bit to figure out how they feel about the room. I do greet my regulars, but on the occasional times I have said hi to a random person, they almost always leave without saying anything. (But maybe CB is different. My only experience is MFC.)

Oof yeah it can be really rough sometimes - honestly what has really helped me (I’m on MFC) is that I don’t ever call out members for not tipping if they’re active in the public chat - I’ve acquired some regulars who come in and talk to me for an hour or so every time I’m on but have never tipped me - in theory that’s bad but just having someone to chat with when it’s dead keeps me in a good mood! Those members aren’t good for my bank account but they’re great for my mental health and positivity! Because they keep me positive for longer I make better money, and my good members are chatty like me so they also enjoy having people to chat with :) it’s crazy how members who have never tipped me have made me so much money by keeping me online lol. That said if I have good members in the room who ARE tipping they get more attention because they’re showing more appreciation!

Upvote 0
Sometimes I wonder if those people popped open the room in a new browser tab and forgot about it. Or are watching multiple rooms at once, engaging in few/none of them.

Sorry you’re having a hard time.
This, I've been known to do this myself.

Upvote 0
We have only been broadcasting for a week but we're really trying to figure out an easy way to engage and keep the show interesting without wearing ourselves out too quickly.

Our solution was a whiteboard. I Had a pretty good size sheet of it that I picked up from home depot/Lowes for a project at one point. Last night we were playing "Hung Man" (just hangman with dirty words and balls on the hangman) and offered guesses for 1 token. It kept us and a few of our regulars entertained vs kept the chat interesting.

The best thing about it is how flexible you can be with it vs a game bot of some sort. As our show went on and we ramped up, we started doing the action we had written when it was guessed. Might play some pictionary at some point. Any other games like that we could try?

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_134450.jpg
    IMG_20200714_134450.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
I'm on SM and this business is a rollercoaster. The best advice I can give you is SAVE. Save all the fuckin money you can because bad days are inevitable. Bad weeks are inevitable. And even a bad month can shake you.

You can do all the right moves and be social AF, but if the traffic isn't there...it isn't. There isn't much you can do about it.

So when you have a good week or good month put that money away! You gotta plan for this shit. And it can really be shit.

What she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Lady_Sha
Upvote 0
I really struggle with the inconsistencies of camming. Last night at this time I had the best time, mainly because of the users in my room. They were tipping and chatting. Tonight it was awful. 1 hour and no one even said hello. It wears on me emotionally. Then a viewer said users react to the model. What about when the model is topless and tries to be friendly and spends 45 minutes with not a single tip or person chatting? I mean I see it as a two way street. The users inspire a lot of the action. And when they mostly come in and just lurk silently , it’s pretty hard for the model to stay positive and put on a good show.
Stay positive. It’s really hard work at first to just gain friends. Once you have them, you’ll never be alone in your room. I talk... a lot... thank god I like it lol. Eventually with patience, it gets easier

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.