AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to deal with this?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2020
Germany
linktr.ee
Twitter Username
@carmen_monroe94
Hi everyone!

Maybe you would like to discuss a little with me. I've been a full time webcam girl for a year and I find it so hard to deal with being unpopular. I actually spend most of the time on stripchat as a german model (the german community is very small there) and what can I say, it hurts to see others constantly being told they are beautiful and divine and I am hardly noticed.
Even knights, whom I write to just to ask how they are, ignore me and hang around in other rooms. That usually hurts even more, because people apparently don't even want to contact me for free :(

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a top model at all. But I'm someone who really values the personal, human side of this job. The relationships you build, good conversations and not just dirty talk and jerking off.

But I've never had anyone on this sites find me so great. I think the problem is that I have a lot of passion in what I show in front of the cam, but it is also something very intimate. And that's a fine line between the person I really am in real life and I show in front of the cam.And the more I show my real side, the harder disappointments hit me.

How do the models there manage to build a big fan club and to be adored? And are there other unpopular models here who do that full-time? How do you deal with it?

Please do not be so hard on yourself. There is a market for everyone out there. You don’t necessarily need a big fan club to do well. I was far from being a top model. And felt very unpopular lots of times. But then I would have that 1 person who saw ”something“ in me, and like me enough to take me private. I also, valued the non sexual part and loved talking with people. And I too was always my true self on cam—and that did present challenges emotionally for me. Sending you support! Do not worry about being popular. And fight hard not to compare yourself to other models—you will feel worse about yourself.

Feeling like that about yourself manifests. If you believe you're not good enough that's how you will perceive you are treated by others. I don't think that's actually how they will treat you but it's what you will look out for and notice which will be your overriding energy. Are you number 1 top girl in your community? If not then why do you have to be online? The advice I've read in the last few months tells me your personality counts for way more and if your letting thoughts like that creep in and you focus on them it will show in your performance. Hell it will show in your day to day life.

If you feel weak, do something that makes you feel proud. Climb a mountain, go for a jog, take up a new hobby that doesnt revolve around that cam life.

Many of these top performers have been around for ages and only spend a small amount of time actually streaming. The highest earning performers on these sites are probably doing wonderful things like going to spas and having their breasts massaged to make them perfect 😆 that's what I imagine they do anyway... and they have the time to commit their full working schedule towards the job. They earn a hell of a lot of money and they put in a lot of time. These girls are business women!

Theres a few that just slip through and make it to the top page.. theres people there all the time... for a few days.. for 1 day.. never? What I've noticed though is the people at the top don't do much for nothing. Doing stuff for free just encourages freeloaders. And they have lots of people they seem to know really well.

Don't be hard on yourself.. remain positive and feminine you are a goddess! 😊

I am not on Stripchat so I did not look there, but I popped over to Twitter and had a few general comments:

- You never post a link to your Stripchat profile. I realize you give a username but people are lazy. They want to be able to click from any promotional Tweet directly to the place you want them to visit.

- All the Tweets I saw were in German. That's fine to cater to a specific market, but think about Tweeting in parallel in English. That's a common language for many countries and it will greatly multiply the number of viewers you can market to. If an English speaker did see your show and wanted to follow you on Twitter, having to deal with German translation might easily make them think twice about following you.

Status
Not open for further replies.