AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to dissociate your whatsapp number than other social medias?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2020
Hello

I have noticed that once you add people in whatsapp, other apps like Facebook or Instagram automatically offer me the possibility to follow them there. I feel like this is a breach in privacy life so I would like to know how to prevent my whatsapp contacts from receiving my Instagram / Facebook profile as a suggestion please?

Thanks for your help

🤔 when you add people in whatsapp doesnt it add a contact entry in your phone? So then I don't think theres anything in whatsapp you can do but you can stop the individual apps from using your contact list. For example facebook app would be https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/26/how-to-stop-your-phone-from-uploading-your-contacts-to-facebook.html

To prevent them from finding you on social media you would do this for facebook facebook.com/help/131297846947406 each social media account usually has similar options.

Well, it's a bit difficult to decouple them since they're all owned by Facebook They all have settings linking each other in some fashion or another. Go into your settings and look for anything that says "link to", "allow my contacts to know when I'm online", "suggest my number to others", etc.

Thanks for your answers. It looks like that removing your phone number from Facebook and Instagram could solve the problem:

However, if I apply this method, do you know if I will be able to find social media accounts owned by people on my contact list? I would say that they should do the same thing if they don't want to be found but since my phone won't be registered in Facebook and Instagram anymore, maybe that those apps would not suggest me people that I know anymore too. Just wondering how things work.

It's possible. But, be aware that just because you remove the phone number from Facebook, or other apps, it won't remove them from recommended contacts. I have had people recommended to me recently on IG who I haven't had in my contact list for over three years. Once they're there, they're there.

Facebook is very sneaky in connecting accounts. The safest way is to not have personal social media and cam social media on the same physical device. And even that might not be foolproof, Facebook tries to identify and link you in many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.