AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to explain your money or tell you parents about your job?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2016
I recently had to move back in with my parents. They think I am unemployed. I want to move out but I have no way of explaining how I can afford to..

Any ideas?

Has anyone ever told a conservative parent about their work as a cam model? I don't want my mom to be scared, worried or dissapointed.

:h: :h: :h:

My mom knows I've been struggling (though I live on my own) because I went from a $28/hr job to $11.50/hr! I've got bills to pay, car to acquire, a dog to look after, and food to buy - so I had to straight up tell her what I've been doing.

I made it into a bit of a joke (my mom is probably more open than most) and told the the funny aspects so she doesn't worry.
"It's fine, I don't have to do anything I don't want to. Some guy gave me $5 to put on a pair of high heels, and someone else asked me to spit in my hand haha!"
I made light of it, even though I had also masturbated on cam and have made a fair amount of money for doing it.

She had concerns about privacy - so I explained that I signed on with the biggest website, use a different name, and tell people I live someone I don't actually live (but in the same time zone to avoid confusion)
She also had concerns about me being belittled or what if someone she knows is on one of those sites looking at me?

You should have a serious talk about it with your mom, ask her to ask questions, and be as honest as possible within your limits! Address her concerns and be very understanding of her feelings.

Also, it helps to have a part time job as an excuse!

• Helpful!
Reactions: Empressk and Tilly
I recently had to move back in with my parents. They think I am unemployed. I want to move out but I have no way of explaining how I can afford to..

Any ideas?

Has anyone ever told a conservative parent about their work as a cam model? I don't want my mom to be scared, worried or dissapointed.

:h: :h: :h:
How conservative is she?

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
My mom knows I've been struggling (though I live on my own) because I went from a $28/hr job to $11.50/hr! I've got bills to pay, car to acquire, a dog to look after, and food to buy - so I had to straight up tell her what I've been doing.

I made it into a bit of a joke (my mom is probably more open than most) and told the the funny aspects so she doesn't worry.
"It's fine, I don't have to do anything I don't want to. Some guy gave me $5 to put on a pair of high heels, and someone else asked me to spit in my hand haha!"
I made light of it, even though I had also masturbated on cam and have made a fair amount of money for doing it.

She had concerns about privacy - so I explained that I signed on with the biggest website, use a different name, and tell people I live someone I don't actually live (but in the same time zone to avoid confusion)
She also had concerns about me being belittled or what if someone she knows is on one of those sites looking at me?

You should have a serious talk about it with your mom, ask her to ask questions, and be as honest as possible within your limits! Address her concerns and be very understanding of her feelings.

Also, it helps to have a part time job as an excuse!

Thank you for replying! I like the idea of making light of it and not telling her all the details, not sure why I didn't think of that

Hey guys! She always says she is "open minded" and "doesn't judge" but she keeps a lot to herself and I am SO SCARED of her being sad and worried about me behind closed doors. I don't want her to secretly have any bad feelings. I don't want her to think she raised me wrong or ... really any of the stigmas that go with sex work.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tilly
Hey guys! She always says she is "open minded" and "doesn't judge" but she keeps a lot to herself and I am SO SCARED of her being sad and worried about me behind closed doors. I don't want her to secretly have any bad feelings. I don't want her to think she raised me wrong or ... really any of the stigmas that go with sex work.

There's no way to avoid giving a bad impression because sex work is not an easy pill to swallow for anyone parents. Try to be understanding and explain why you decided to do it in case she has legitimate concerns. But know that no matter how much you explain or how nice you are there is always the risk that she will react badly. In that scenario you also have to know that beyond trying your best to explain the situation, and having patience, you cannot be responsible for someone else's feelings, you can only be responsible for your own.

I told my mom today. She said she knew I was doing something. Asked if I was safe, made sure I wasn't meeting anyone in person, said it was ok and then we hugged. I still feel guilt BUT I can now relax and not worry about her thinking I need a job and I can get my own place.

xoxoxox

I told my mom today. She said she knew I was doing something. Asked if I was safe, made sure I wasn't meeting anyone in person, said it was ok and then we hugged. I still feel guilt BUT I can now relax and not worry about her thinking I need a job and I can get my own place.

xoxoxox
Parents can be amazing at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.