AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to generate more traffic?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2020
Canada
Hello, I'm new to MFC (two months in), and making money can be challenging. I haven't quite found the best times to be on, and sometimes my room is just 1 or 2 people for HOURS. I've been in the top 1000 twice and my cam score hovers around 3500. Any tips for getting regulars, tippers or just PEOPLE into the rooms? I do nude, but non explicit shows. (No toys, cumshows, etc). I've even been on row 7 of front page just now for 2 hours trying morning cam and no one was coming in or tipping. Any tips for optimizing performance on MyFreeCams?

Reactions: AussieCosplay
I think one key is finding the right time that works for you, while also being aware of times around the world. Mid day for the America's is usually evening in Central Europe. I know a couple of NA models who stream early morning, starting about 6:00am and do well. I forget the time difference for countries like Australia or those in Asia-Pacific. But, most models are in the evening as most traffic generates from North Amerca. Also, keep in mind that just US & Canada are three time zones, so you'll want to consider the time to cover both coasts.

I remember seeing your name once or twice on the mainpage when I've been on. But have not been in your room. If I see you on, might pop in and say "Hi"

From a member's perspective, the things that draw me into a model's room are as follows:

Avatar: Clean, clear picture that draws my attention. Dark pictures I tend to overlook, whereas bright colours or contrasts catch my eye
Preview: Once an avatar catches my eye, I'll hover over the cam in the right to get a preview of what the model actually looks like. Does she match her avatar, is the room visually appealing, is she looking on her phone all the time, etc.
Chat room: After entering the room, how is the model? Her voice, personality, mannerisms, how engaging is she with the people in her room? How are the people in her room acting?
Privates: This is a separate thing for me entirely. I only do privates with models I've come to know over a period of time due to issues such as a model streaming on other sites. I also want to have some level of interaction with a model before I take her private.

What keeps me in a model's room is how engaging she is with people. How she acts, personality, etc. It could be anything from just have good conversations to fun banter and teasing. I think I saw you were a dancer before camming? If so, can you find a way to utilize those skills on cam? I'm a sucker for a very sensual dance that's engaging. Do you do any activities such as games, discuss movies/music or other points of interest?

Also, from a technical perspective, a steady feed with clean video and clear audio is big. I've had issues with some model's room clocking (page/feed continually trying to load), or can't get the video to clean up regardless of the settings I use.

There's been a few different threads on this over the years. Always worth doing a search to get a number of different ideas from them :)

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Upvote 0
I think one key is finding the right time that works for you, while also being aware of times around the world. Mid day for the America's is usually evening in Central Europe. I know a couple of NA models who stream early morning, starting about 6:00am and do well. I forget the time difference for countries like Australia or those in Asia-Pacific. But, most models are in the evening as most traffic generates from North Amerca. Also, keep in mind that just US & Canada are three time zones, so you'll want to consider the time to cover both coasts.

I remember seeing your name once or twice on the mainpage when I've been on. But have not been in your room. If I see you on, might pop in and say "Hi"

From a member's perspective, the things that draw me into a model's room are as follows:

Avatar: Clean, clear picture that draws my attention. Dark pictures I tend to overlook, whereas bright colours or contrasts catch my eye
Preview: Once an avatar catches my eye, I'll hover over the cam in the right to get a preview of what the model actually looks like. Does she match her avatar, is the room visually appealing, is she looking on her phone all the time, etc.
Chat room: After entering the room, how is the model? Her voice, personality, mannerisms, how engaging is she with the people in her room? How are the people in her room acting?
Privates: This is a separate thing for me entirely. I only do privates with models I've come to know over a period of time due to issues such as a model streaming on other sites. I also want to have some level of interaction with a model before I take her private.

What keeps me in a model's room is how engaging she is with people. How she acts, personality, etc. It could be anything from just have good conversations to fun banter and teasing. I think I saw you were a dancer before camming? If so, can you find a way to utilize those skills on cam? I'm a sucker for a very sensual dance that's engaging. Do you do any activities such as games, discuss movies/music or other points of interest?

Also, from a technical perspective, a steady feed with clean video and clear audio is big. I've had issues with some model's room clocking (page/feed continually trying to load), or can't get the video to clean up regardless of the settings I use.

There's been a few different threads on this over the years. Always worth doing a search to get a number of different ideas from them :)
Yes I definitely have dance options on my tip menu! I'm pretty engaged with people as well, especially in main chat. Games, I don't do much of other than prize wheel spins. Some times of day are good, and some are just...yikes! Lots of time-wasters in PM's too. Thanks for the reply

Upvote 0
What keeps me in a model's room is how engaging she is with people. How she acts, personality, etc. It could be anything from just have good conversations to fun banter and teasing. I think I saw you were a dancer before camming? If so, can you find a way to utilize those skills on cam? I'm a sucker for a very sensual dance that's engaging.
This pretty much. A model that is interesting to talk to, is a pretty good guarantee to return.
And I also love to see dancing. It's both very relaxing and sexual to look at.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.