AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to get your chat room going when it’s slow

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gia666

Deactivated Account
Oct 29, 2019
I tried CB again today for over 2 hours. It was dead as can be. I got very angry and frustrated again.
panties off got viewers but again even though I engage with my viewers NOT 1 person even chatted back. I don’t get it. I mean what can I do when it’s like that to encourage talking & tipping? It drives me insane. Not to mention I’m not making money.

Reactions: Lilypod
I'm pretty new to this but I've found that when, like me, you don't have an established following, it can be pretty hit or miss. I'm on CB also and I've had a couple nights when my room has managed to stay somewhat lively with like 20 - 30 people... but I've had more nights where there might be like 7 people in my room at most, and they all stay dead silent. So I would also love to hear any advice on this!

I think the correct thing to do is stay disciplined and look at the screen, dance or go post or retweet on twitter and other social media accounts... but I just browse forums etc heheh, I think if it hurts a bit your earnings per hour but allows you to stay online longer, it will be a good choice. But again, my style is more on the privates so that's why I can afford to not be super energetic on the room

I have been on CB fulltime for 1.5 years. I have a following, but obviously not a good one. I tried for 5 hrs today and could not make $20. It was devastating to my self esteem and income.

• Hugs
Reactions: StarSpirit
TRy to change something ,your background, to make your miniature looks different. I dont knw why-maybe because of this I had good shift yesterday. Last times ,last week was very slow, the same as you 7-10 people,even on friday night. Last days I was broadcasting in my kitche,n, I was using tripod to camera and my view was frm distance. Yesterday I put camera on my computer screen, I was sitting on my bed. Was different distance and moe close up and wow I had about 50 people for few hours and I earned almot 1600 tokens. Also one guy started tipping me so almost at the start I was doing show for him-just didnt wait for the goal- just said to myslef: fuck the goal, the guy is tipping me ,lets do the show and bammm:) Immediately 40 people and then more and happy and talking room til the end of my shift. Maybe stupid advice, but I really try everything and that worked for me so I m sharing this with you:) No idea if it was arandom case or n o,anyway it helped yesterday:)

I have been on CB fulltime for 1.5 years. I have a following, but obviously not a good one. I tried for 5 hrs today and could not make $20. It was devastating to my self esteem and income.

A huge following isn't necessarily the be-all and end all though. Just think, you send out your notifications (email + browser) to your 100,000 followers.
How many of those are using a REAL email? How many signed up with a fake email? How many signed up with an email they never use anymore? How many have notifications turned off? It's only guessing but I think of those 100k, you would be lucky if a small percentage of them (most likely ones who have bought tokens at some point) are the ones receiving the email, but even with those, people move on and delete emails, change emails, etc.

yes, maybe adjust few things in your room :/
revelant hashtags ie, some viewers like to search for their kink and don't care the site placement.

I would not try to engage dialog with viewers, let them come and engage if they want or not. But give them clues to engage (have music in your room ? few funny words in the bio...) Some come to visit with no sound, or just don't pay attention on what you can say. Some can feel spotted and run away : )

And be regular and very patient. Constant schedules make regular viewers, if you change your schedule it's about the same than starting up a new room.

(have you a good net, good fps ? If not, move slowly ! A model dancing fast when having with low fps is just weird )

Last edited:
revelant hashtags ie, some viewers like to search for their kink and don't care the site placement.

I would not try to engage dialog with viewers, let them come and engage if they want or not. But give them clues to engage (have music in your room ? few funny words in the bio...) Some come to visit with no sound, or just don't pay attention on what you can say. Some can feel spotted and run away : )

And be regular and very patient. Constant schedules make regular viewers, if you change your schedule it's about the same than starting up a new room.

(have you a good net, good fps ? If not, move slowly ! A model dancing fast when having with low fps is just weird )

By "feel spotted" if you mean when a model calls out the user's name (in a friendly way) like "Hey [username]". Honestly, I do hate that, even if they type it too. I want to be "anonymous" so to speak, and also this makes me feel like I am a super rude jackass if I then don't respond, be it with a hello back or a tip.

Reactions: DoD404
By "feel spotted" if you mean when a model calls out the user's name (in a friendly way) like "Hey [username]". Honestly, I do hate that, even if they type it too. I want to be "anonymous" so to speak, and also this makes me feel like I am a super rude jackass if I then don't respond, be it with a hello back or a tip.

Exactly yes
I can be also when she tries to engage a topic with "guys", and we're only 5 in the room.

Ofc, I make a light difference if I'm regular there ... but if I'm a regular since long, she may know it already xD
I need my time to rearrange the window, adjust the sound and so on, before being ready to exchange.

In some rooms, where you see the model greeting absolutely each viewer entering (hello [user], welcome in my room), I feel so painful for her that I can't stay and I'm absolutely sure that I'm far to be the lone (It's worst when you're pulled immediately in PM - on mfc, I block)

Also, but that is more a personal habit, I often visit new rooms (rooms I don't know) when I'm not really in mood but in mood to only surf and maybe follow one to come back next time. Then, I search in pages 4-last and surely not disposed to discuss with all. Even if interested enough to follow, I would tip the minimum (25 & vote) and go. It's very rare for me to enter a unknown room and go further in any exchange.

I am very regular and consistent. However my viewers and earnings are not consistent. One day I can do decent, and the next can’t pay people to even enter my room, and there are no changes made to my room. I get very bored when no-one is chatting or tipping. I do play music often. If I’m just masturbating and playing with tits for hours in a silent room, is that fun for you or me? I mean it’s the interaction that is what makes it fun, yet is hard to get on CB

I usually talk to every person I see that stopped by my room for 1 sec. Then I get to talking to them about what I can do for them what we can work out this part I have a hard time transferring into money but the lack of people I don't. It's like a survey in that sense to me I never have more than 10 people in my room at once so far. I've worked with only having a few people to talk to before and gotten results from them before. So that's not that much of a problem for me. Most days I only have less than 5 at a time. I still made a little out of the ones who came by. I get anything I can out of them basically. Many times I talk to guest and basic members too. Gives me free advertisement so viewers know some stuff about me. But also is a double edge sword because guest have trolled at times too. Mostly experience good results from it on a slow day though. Then I also talk to the people I added online that tipped me before. I'm on mfc it's different than cb though.

Status
Not open for further replies.