AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to record HD video on a mac?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there - does anyone know how to record HD video on a mac, using an external HD webcam?

I'm using logitech c390e, which doesn't come with the logitech recording software. I've been using the macbooks's built-in software to record video, but from what I can tell, it doesn't record in HD.

buy a pc :happy:

The quicktime app should be recording in HD. My videos used to be so crisp and clean when I used my imac/macbook with the webcam. I didn't do anything special while recording. Did use final cut pro after I was finished to edit since I got the software for free when I worked for Apple. Macs are a solid computer for videos and photos. Make sure your lighting is good. Also, you should be able to download some logitech software directly from their website for your mac if it isn't an ancient one.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Just an update that Charlie's answer to this worked. It's the Quicktime program that records in HD as long as you set the video quality setting to "high."

The basic recording software macs come with (not quicktime) is not HD.

• Helpful!
Reactions: LittleLei
I do a lot of video work on a Mac. I do more screencapture then trying to record from a camera. I use a program called ScreenFlow. That lets me capture anything on my screen. It also lets me to basic editing really easy. I've even used it to edit a couple vidoes that a model friend took from her phone. So maybe something to think about.
I've never really used Quicktime so I don't know what editing capability that has.

Status
Not open for further replies.