AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to run multiply broadcasts on Mac ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2020
Hey there ! Im using MacBook 2019, and streaming on CB with OBS. But i wanna try to start streaming on MFC on the same time. How to do it on Mac ? What software is better to use ?

Before my kitty dumped wine all over my poor mac 😭 I would use my built in cam for SM and my 920 cam for chaturbate. You might see if that works. My mac was a 2015 and it didn’t have a problem keeping up. That way I didn’t need any separate software to split. Unfortunately now I’m on a potato laptop and it can’t handle splitcamming, heck it can barely handle OBS.

@CrazyMolly - what to do for mac 🍏

Many models had an issue with Mac. From various threads, I’ve come to understand:
1) Software - ManyCam is a reliable solution, compatible for Mac
2) Audio - “How to Setup Soundflower” Youtube vid guides thru ManyCam audio settings

Quick software guide: http://blog.manycam.com/start-using-manycam-beginners-guide/

However
It still lacks in many regards, as do most split cam tools. But this should def get you started, and there are plenty models on here who know the tool and can help out in case of issues.

Me included! Happy to help.

Go rock it 🎸

@Leverageurassets - haha as potato laptops are dear to us ;-), and powerful laptops are f* expensive.

Apparently a common issue. I also wanted to better understand this. Here my thoughts on how to solve cam split tools’ heavy load on laptops 🏋🏽‍♂️

The problem
1) Most cam split tools require your laptop’s “work power” and WIFI network to do the heavy lifting
2) OBS takes a lot of your laptop’s “work power”. Cam split software makes this worse.
If your laptop “work power” survives. Your WIFI comes next...
3) One single video stream already uses much WIFI. Split software, sending 3x streams uses 3x more WIFI.
4) Quality and speed will suffer, and become slow and glitchy.

An alternative (I found)
1) The heavy lifting can be moved to an external huge “computer” (on the cloud), that splits the stream for you
2) Now heavy weight lifting will be done on external “computer”, not by your laptop or WIFI
3) Very easy: you use OBS, one single video stream, to the external “computer”, your stream is split & broadcasted :)
4) I hope that explains it very clearly. There’s one okay example out there: Restream.io

However be cautious, there are big negatives:
‣It is quite expensive, to do >2 cam sites is $49 / month
‣It is not tailored for cam models, so it might cause some friction
‣Chat is not integrated making split camming more tiresome
‣Private shows cause issues
‣Viewer & goal mgmt is hard to keep up

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any future issues.

#savethepotato

Best of luck 💖

Couldn't you just run two copies of OBS at the same time? One for CB, one for MFC.

Yes @Lelo1, true that. Makes sense, that could normally work similar to the other conventional cam split tools.

However seems like @Leverageurassets had issues because of an older device, with lesser power. (She already had trouble with just one OBS)

Therefore I thought I'd suggest a lean solution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.