AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to stay safe as a cam girl ??!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2020
So, i recently started camming and im worried about being hacked. For instance, my specific location getting out or my IP address. How can I avoid these things and stay safe.

thank you guys so much for taking the time to read my post.

hey,
First your ip can not be tracked by any viewer on any site.
You're streaming to a server and viewers would see only this server's information.

They can use many other ways to find out clues from whatever they can see or hear in your room, or through your window :/
Neighbours speaking loud and noise from an airport can tell better about a localization than an ip
Think to hide your keyboard, especially when you type and ofc if you type any password.

Take care if you have external ways to communicate with your users to inspect each media separately
ie Deactivate geolocalisation from your twitter of course and from your phone if you use it to shot photos
or they can be get from photos exif informations
(you can use ie "xnview" to read them, a free basic photo editor)

** I'm not so sure that the streams can or not embed localization given by some cameras but read your cam notice.
(common sense is to read notices of everything you use, though)

Then emails are the most common way to track IPs.
And some services are well known to not respect privacy at all (facebook / insta / gmail) on other aspects.
You can have a look on this mail service : tutanota.com they are privacy militants , free and open source.

You'll find a lot of tips by searching "Cyberstalking" and also in other answers to come.

use Two-Step Verification anywhere you can

Hackers prefer hacking the sites and get the info they need from there than trying to hack your machine directly
it's really much easier

Reactions: Missfoxlove
Security is like a fence, how big of a fence do you want? How much time and money are you willing to spend?

Have a separate work email / phone.
Don't give people your phone number.
Keep to the cam platforms.
Don't click on links from anyone. Don't go to sites people suggest going to.
Don't download files, don't open files.
Keep your computer up to date.
Keep your drivers up to date.
Keep your web browser up to date.
Have antivirus, keep it up to date.
Make sure your firewall/router is up to date.
Don't reuse passwords on different sites, Don't use similar password, every password should be it's own unique snowflake. Not just work, but any personal accounts as well.
Use 2-step when possible, work and personal.
Use haveibeenpwned.com to monitor your personal accounts and your work accounts.

If your making good money.
Consider having a work computer, or if you can't do that, at least have it be a separate account on your computer for work.
Next time your up for a new firewall, consider buying one with advanced security features. Some examples are like Meraki, F-Secure, Ubiquiti, ProSAFE, Fortinet. Some times those firewalls require a subscription for advanced security to keep working.

If your going to geo block, don't block just one state. Because that's the same as putting an arrow on a map.

If your going to have any personal social media, make sure all your social media is set to private. Turn privacy settings up, lock it down.
Do a few search for yourself. if you find anything do what you can to lock it down.

Also watch out for phishing. There are people who will try to trick you into giving them information. Maybe that's your password, or your name, or you email account. It might come in the form of a text you, a call you, an email. It could be some one posing as Chaturbate support in chat.

They'll have a convincing story, or they'll send you to a website that looks like chaturbate. Hoping you'll get fooled and tell them what they want to know. Or try and sign into the fake website to steel your password and info. Google has an example of what phishing can looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.