AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to succeed when I live at home?,

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2020
Hi all!
So I have an issue. I've been trying to cam but doing so while living with my mom is hard. I can't really talk or make too much noise and I don't have the funds to get quieter toys (or toys in general) and a home of my own. I have inconsistent schedules. I also have to cam at night when my mom is asleep so I don't have any issues of her knocking or walking on mid cam session. I was hoping I could make enough money from camming and selling clips to afford a place of my own but thats really difficult if I can't keep up my schedules. I also can't afford new toys. I have been using a hairbrush and a back massager as toys but my back massage is now broken. I don't know what to do now. Its just really difficult.

• Hugs
Reactions: mike_aussie
This sounds incredibly difficult. Have you tried camming at all yet? I would think your best hustle would be to type while camming and put something like "mom and dad are home, can't let them hear me being naughty" or something like that. You don't have to worry about toys right away, just use your hands and show off your body.

You could also look into paid sexting sites and selling things like kik, snapchat sessions, selling panties etc. OnlyFans or AVN stars could work as well, you could take pics and make teasing little videos while your mom is sleeping, and try to get tips from your subscribers from chatting etc.

Reactions: long_legzzz
Hi all!
So I have an issue. I've been trying to cam but doing so while living with my mom is hard. I can't really talk or make too much noise and I don't have the funds to get quieter toys (or toys in general) and a home of my own. I have inconsistent schedules. I also have to cam at night when my mom is asleep so I don't have any issues of her knocking or walking on mid cam session. I was hoping I could make enough money from camming and selling clips to afford a place of my own but thats really difficult if I can't keep up my schedules. I also can't afford new toys. I have been using a hairbrush and a back massager as toys but my back massage is now broken. I don't know what to do now. Its just really difficult.
hi! sounds really difficult and almost imposible , u need to put music, talk pretty loud and ofc moaning :...u could try on premium sites , there u mostly need to type , but cant recomand any... jasmin cant do it from home and i guess streamate is same style like jasmin? i dont know the site ..

I had to cam as you for a few weeks at my parents house and I have to say IT'S HARD. As you said I had to be quiet, I had to cam at night, my sleep schedule was a nightmare. I was camming from 1 am to 5-6 am. I had a difficult time, but I earned enough to pay my rent and move from their house. I was tired all the time but it was worth it.
Don't worry about not affording new toys, try to chat with the users, tease them, dance, strip, use your fingers. I saw a lot of models with no sounds, i don't recommend it, I recommend you to tell in your room subject that you have to be quiet. You are not the only model camming from parent's house.
Some users really like to know you are sneaking from your parents ;)
You don't need to be loud and scream to be liked by users in this industry in my opinion. It's not impossible for you to make some nice money.
Yes, it will be hard but think about the moment when you will have enough money to afford living alone and to improve your show.
Cheers!

For cam, do what you can hours-wise. Hopefully you can build up some following that way for the future. You didn’t say what site you’re on, but I dont reccomend MFC for this since your camscore would tank and you could hurt your placement.

Chaturbate is more open ended, but you still need to keep a public chat room entertained consistently and for long shows. Streamate is a lot more forgiving in terms of consistency and typing, but you do need a good internet connection and feed to place well.

I second others suggestions to start with clip making and a fansite (onlyfans and so on) that way you can do photos, sexting etc without making noise, and film clips while people arent home. Promote the fuck out of it, build a following and save save save.

edit: idea: if you have bluetooth earbuds, use that for your mic so you can speak quietly and hear notifications. You might need to mess wtith the settings a bit because at least with windows computers its going to sound bad at first. Make sure “hands free telephony” is off.

The same thing happens to me, since I started I am never alone at home, before I did shows with my brother sleeping next to me, now I have my room but I can get viewers now, in the past I made shows half hidden and I had more viewers , now I am alone at the room and with better lighting and I can not get users. It is hard when someone wakes up to go to the bathroom

I cam 3 times a week from 11pm to 2-3am after my housemates are asleep with dim ambient light. I don't make any noise and stream Spotify music directly through OBS so my broadcast doesn't sound boring but I can keep the volume down low on my computer. I do Multi-Goal, Tip Menu, Roll the Dice and Private shows. I'm not into using toys. When I'm alone (which isn't very often) I film content to promote myself on twitter and to sell on Chaturbate and Onlyfans.

It's definitely not ideal but you just have to find a way to maximize your earnings from the time you do have to yourself.

Reactions: long_legzzz
Status
Not open for further replies.