AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How would one go about working for ethical studios, or opening up their own?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2019
I've done TONS of research on camming (I'm talking years worth) and ultimately decided it wasn't for me, at least for now. That being said, I don't want to waste all of my good information! I want to help other girls out who are willing to put it in the work. I was thinking about opening an Indie coaching site, and then I thought AHA! Why don't I just try to see if I can work for something like Boelyn Models? (Last time I heard they were legit, please update me if there is new relevant information out now that has proven them no longer to be ethical).

I think the first issue you are going to have is that you have never been on cam yourself. Even though you have done a ton of research you can't have that experience to teach others. Unlike some other fields just doing academic studies is not going to give you an indication of what it really is like.

Secondly what can you possibly offer someone who joins your studio that they cannot get by themselves. I am sure you know from your research that Boelyn was a model herself and that being part of her studio offers benefits that an individual might not have by themselves.

I'm not sure if you need to be a cammodel exactly, but Boleyn according to their site/blog ARE looking for contributors for blogposts etc. However I do agree that not having cammed yourself, could be an issue with trying to teach others.

How about affiliate marketing? You want to help us models, that would be a great way. We are always complaining about wanting better traffic. Lol.

Just because you read and researched a lot doesn't mean you are qualified to coach or help other Cammodels. The best type of coach is someone with actual experience. One dude tried setting his how-to-cam blog to get a piece of that cam pie but eventually learned he needs actual Cammodels to coach and write blogs after being chewed out for bad advice and not getting the traffic he wanted. Webcam something? Idk the guy had a falling out here because he was a douchenozzle.

I'm pretty sure BM requires you to be a cammodel to write blogs. You can always apply and see, but majority of their staff are Cammodels. That I know.

I have been on cam myself (albeit not long, only for a few days), I just decided it wasn't for me for now, however, I know I want to have a career in the sex community, I just don't think streaming or clips is my niche. I'm writing erotica, and I'm writing a lot about sexual health, and I'm interested in other niches unrelated to direct streaming or clips. I've had clip stores open before (I've actually been meaning to take down my vids on there. They were low-quality, low-quantity, and ofc didn't turn a profit bc of that. But I couldn't help but feel like I didn't *want* to up my game, I just wanted to stick to my beloved writing.)

Even though you have done a ton of research you can't have that experience to teach others, Unlike some other fields just doing academic studies is not going to give you an indication of what it really is like: Yeah, this has definitely crossed my mind as well. I could see it working out better if it was, say, somebody I met IRL who had expressed interest to me. However, I would then be in a weird moral grey area, where it would feel weird to charge them?? So yeah I agree in one sense, but I also have a lot of unique ideas that I actually haven't seen being done. But I agree that unlike some other fields just doing academic studies is not going to give me an exact indication of what it really is like. That's part of why I'm writing this thread, to gather opinions and see if this even actually *is* a plausible idea and if there *is* something I could offer someone who joins my studio that they cannot get by themselves . No matter what I'm going to stick with my writing and sexual health research, as that is my heart and my biggest niche, but I did think it would be cool to add another 'hustle' for myself if I could find one that I could fit in :)

I'm not sure if you need to be a cammodel exactly, but Boleyn according to their site/blog ARE looking for contributors for blogposts etc. However I do agree that not having cammed yourself, could be an issue with trying to teach others. Oh, cool! I have a whole 5=subject notebook written of tips and tricks I was going to use when I thought I wanted to be a cammer. I'm sure I have a lot of content I could whip up, so I'll look into their application process and see if they'd be happy to have me as a non-model, and f not, I'd totally understand.

How about affiliate marketing? You want to help us models, that would be a great way. We are always complaining about wanting better traffic. Lol.
Yes, yes yes, I would love that! Now that specifically I have to be honest- I haven't looked much into. How would I go about doing this? I'm going to be affiliate marketing with places like Smitten Kitten, Sliquid, Good Clean Love, etc. on my blog, but how would I go about doing this for a cammodel or clipstar directly? And what are the payouts for this like out of curiousity?

One dude tried setting his how-to-cam blog to get a piece of that cam pie but eventually learned he needs actual Cammodels to coach and write blogs after being chewed out for bad advice and not getting the traffic he wanted. He definitely sounds like a douchenozzel lol. Or maybe just a little socially behind. It makes me think of the guy on stripperweb who wrote the thread about a, "Great cam opportunity" trying to find a girl to be a couple with him on cam and split the money lolol. And then somebody roasted him like, "You know us girls have dick lined up for days, right???" Lmao.

I have been on cam myself (albeit not long, only for a few days), I just decided it wasn't for me for now, however, I know I want to have a career in the sex community, I just don't think streaming or clips is my niche. I'm writing erotica, and I'm writing a lot about sexual health, and I'm interested in other niches unrelated to direct streaming or clips. I've had clip stores open before (I've actually been meaning to take down my vids on there. They were low-quality, low-quantity, and ofc didn't turn a profit bc of that. But I couldn't help but feel like I didn't *want* to up my game, I just wanted to stick to my beloved writing.)
I dont think a few days really gives enough experience to provide coaching services.

I'm not sure if you need to be a cammodel exactly, but Boleyn according to their site/blog ARE looking for contributors for blogposts etc. However I do agree that not having cammed yourself, could be an issue with trying to teach others. Oh, cool! I have a whole 5=subject notebook written of tips and tricks I was going to use when I thought I wanted to be a cammer. I'm sure I have a lot of content I could whip up, so I'll look into their application process and see if they'd be happy to have me as a non-model, and f not, I'd totally understand.
I would be careful with "tips and tricks" since they are going to be mostly untested since you were only on cam for a few days you wont have anything to back up and could endup giving out bad advice which would then have a negative impact on you and other things that you try and do in the industry.

How about affiliate marketing? You want to help us models, that would be a great way. We are always complaining about wanting better traffic. Lol. Yes, yes yes, I would love that! Now that specifically I have to be honest- I haven't looked much into. How would I go about doing this? I'm going to be affiliate marketing with places like Smitten Kitten, Sliquid, Good Clean Love, etc. on my blog, but how would I go about doing this for a cammodel or clipstar directly? And what are the payouts for this like out of curiousity?
The payouts for cam affiliates change from site to site, they usually have a couple of different programs, just go to google,type in site name and affiliate program and you can find that information. A better question would be what value can you provide to a potential member to get them to your site and ultimately click through your ad.

I would be careful with "tips and tricks" since they are going to be mostly untested since you were only on cam for a few days you wont have anything to back up and could endup giving out bad advice which would then have a negative impact on you and other things that you try and do in the industry.
That actually is a really, really good point

check out gfy.com and xbiz forums for SEO/affiliate information. There is oodles of info there that helped me.

The payouts for cam affiliates change from site to site, they usually have a couple of different programs, just go to google,type in site name and affiliate program and you can find that information. A better question would be what value can you provide to a potential member to get them to your site and ultimately click through your ad.

Thanks so much you guys, this was helpful

Have you guys ever tried to coach models before? Just cause you have cam experience doesn't mean you can coach models its not like your teaching people to do something like be a mechanic. You have to tailor the coaching to the specific model, their personality, their strengths.

Hook up with us on Xbiz, there are lots of writing opportunities there. If you wish to hook up with affiliate managers in the big platforms, and dating websites, just let me know. It's duck season, and affiliate managers always want more traffic generating content:)

Status
Not open for further replies.