AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hyperlinks in the general chat window

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aikadreams

Banhammered
Oct 21, 2020
Colombia
Chaturbate Username
Aikadreams
I've tried to find an answer to this in the forums, but no joy.

Is there a way to add a clickable hyperlink in the general chat window?

To put in context, we want to encourage Anons to follow the referal link, with a click of the link.

Thank you for your time, guys!

I've tried to find an answer to this in the forums, but no joy.

Is there a way to add a clickable hyperlink in the general chat window?

To put in context, we want to encourage Anons to follow the referal link, with a click of the link.

Thank you for your time, guys!
I thought that was against ToS?

Upvote 0
It should be fine to get people to signup using your referral link (all top models and the like do it), but it's not possible to add it into the chat, the best is to put it in 1 or 2 places in the profile. You can then add some GIFs in the chat to say "click the referral link to signup to support us" or similar.

Reactions: Aikadreams
Upvote 0
It should be fine to get people to signup using your referral link (all top models and the like do it), but it's not possible to add it into the chat, the best is to put it in 1 or 2 places in the profile. You can then add some GIFs in the chat to say "click the referral link to signup to support us" or similar.
Awesome thank you for the advice 🙏

Upvote 0
the best is to put it in 1 or 2 places in the profile.
Again, I swear this was not allowed. I'll try to track down the affiliate thread that discusses it.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Again, I swear this was not allowed. I'll try to track down the affiliate thread that discusses it.

I know you're not allowed to put the affiliate link as an image or button over THEIR signup button in the top right (the big orange bit). Maybe this is what you remember seeing?

Upvote 0
Ah, well this is probably what I was thinking of:

We do not allow independent broadcasters to side-step the Chaturbate affiliate program referral system by way of asking users to create a new account under their affiliate link. Feel free to contact support@chaturbate.com regarding anyone in violation of this rule.

Upvote 0
I know you're not allowed to put the affiliate link as an image or button over THEIR signup button in the top right (the big orange bit). Maybe this is what you remember seeing?
There are a lot of posts in the thread of the quote I linked above that made me think it was against the rules. But I see it isn't. Seemed like a hot topic in that thread though! :)

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
They seem to be stripping the affiliate links from some pages. I've noticed for one girl who I help with her page that it no longer lets me put in the link. I can include it in the bio code but when I save, it will swap in a plain link to her page without the affiliate code. I thought that it was because she was under a studio account but another member here ( @mike_aussie )
who I don't think is studio also noticed the same in another thread. Other girls I know are working from a studio do still seem to have the links though. Not sure why some and not others.

Upvote 0
They seem to be stripping the affiliate links from some pages. I've noticed for one girl who I help with her page that it no longer lets me put in the link. I can include it in the bio code but when I save, it will swap in a plain link to her page without the affiliate code. I thought that it was because she was under a studio account but another member here ( @mike_aussie )
who I don't think is studio also noticed the same in another thread. Other girls I know are working from a studio do still seem to have the links though. Not sure why some and not others.

I cleared my affiliate link issue up. It was a browser add-on issue.

Upvote 0
I cleared my affiliate link issue up. It was a browser add-on issue.

Yeah, I tagged you wondering if you had. Good.

Unfortunately, I still can't. Not an add-in in my case. I can type the link into the edit bio form. Save. Re-open and the text for the link is changed. They did ding her once about the link so maybe they've put some kind of filter on it. Guess I should contact support to get an answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.