AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I just impulsively quit my job...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ameliababyxo

Cam Model
Jun 19, 2018
MFC Username
ameliababyxo
Streamate Username
ameliababyxo
So I realize that this was a mistake, but it's one that I can't take back now so I'm in need of some advice and help.
I started camming a few weeks ago, and made almost $900 in about 14 hours of broadcasting on MFC over the course of a week or so, but then my boyfriend dumped me out of absolutely nowhere and I wasn't in any place to be able to get on cam. It's been exactly a week since he dumped me and so far I've adopted a kitten (I've always wanted one, so while it was an impulse adoption, it's been something I've intended for years) and then I just quit my full-time job. They just did something today that was the last straw, and I quit without truly considering the pros and cons. I only ever made about $350 a week at that job, but it was a steady paycheck.

My plan right now is to keep camming as much as I can while I job hunt, either for something full-time or part time, depending on how steady the camming is. I'm just kind of panicking a little bit, because I'm never impulsive like this. I don't do this kind of thing.

I need some advice and help and reassurance that I can do this, to be honest. Has anyone here ever quit their regular job before they probably should have?

Please don't point out that I should have waited before quitting, it's not productive and it's only going to make me feel worse about this.

tumblr-pictures-and-quotes-cs-lewis-quotes-65156.jpg

I need some advice and help and reassurance that I can do this, to be honest. Has anyone here ever quit their regular job before they probably should have?

Please don't point out that I should have waited before quitting, it's not productive and it's only going to make me feel worse about this.
Did that repeatedly over the years, with panic, worry, depression, self-loathing afterwards.

Talking with family during such times was very annoying; people always want to try to put positive spin on things, "brighter days ahead"..."God never closes one door without opening another"...blah blah blah. Ignore such coddlers. In my opinion, they are usually trying to just get you to feel good enough that you shut up moaning about your problems.

You may wind up toothless and homeless, selling blowjobs behind a dumpster to make enough money to buy a bottle of Listerine to get drunk. Or, you may wind up eating peeled grapes in a penthouse somewhere. I really don't know.

The good news is, if you are reading this it means your still alive. And the bad news is, it is a temporary condition.

If you made $900 in 14 hours that’s a very good sign that you are interesting and got a spark for camming. Not every girl does so well off the bat. If you work hard at this, and by hard I mean taking it as seriously as a job, doing daily shifts of at least 4 or 5 hours with enthusiasm, you will probably make more than you would make at any job. It will be hard at first especially the firs couple of weeks after your “new” status is gone and you figure things out, but if you put effort into it and are patient in about a month it will pick up again. Good luck!

My first time camming I did well enough to do camming full time but I still kept my job & cut th
hours. My boyfriend broke up with me & it was so hard for me to cam consistently after that, I ended up quitting I took it very hard. The fact that you can keep camming is a good sign, I admire you for continuing to push. I wish I would have, I would suggest having another site for backup income if at all possible.

You saw an opportunity and you took it. That is a choice that a lot of people did not make and regret later. What you should do now is start saving the money that you now earn extra. As there can be slower times ahead or times you want to take a break from work. Do not forget the joy of paying taxes. Etc etc. If you do it like 3 months you know what you will earn and start upgrading your life.
I have a different job but these things keeps me realistic, free and mental relaxed. And it saves me from frustration if my new plan is not going directly like i want.

I quit my pastry job over 6 years ago and Im still here! Was the BEST decision ever. Also I never could make MFC work so find what site is for you if MFC is not it.

I had just got accepted to work at Disney and to attend their college program when I found camming. My first night I made $100/hr and I thought, "This must not be real money." It felt surreal until my first paycheck got deposited.... then I went into my job and told my boss I was done. I told Disney I wouldn't be coming. I told my family (very vaguely) that I wanted to do something else and would be fine and not to worry. I threw myself into this world full time and it blessed my life and still does 6 years later. All because I decided to recognize the gift I had received and opportunity in front of me.

Random people on the Internet are willing to give you money to entertain them FROM HOME, AT ANY HOUR, FROM ANY ROOM, WEARING WHATEVER, FOR FEELING SEXY IN YOUR SKIN AND TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF. You have been handed something so rare and special and I'm glad you realize it. With your level of initial success, it would have been such a waste to keep dedicating those hours to anything other than cam. Get on every day without fail, try new shows, brainstorm ideas, watch other girls, and communicate with and appreciate your tippers.

I am proud of you for being courageous!

This might be a bit long a drawn out, apologies:

First, accept that you've quit this job. Waiting would have been nice, but it didn't happen that way and that's okay. I don't know if you're beating yourself up about this, but I would be, so I just want to make sure you understand that things happen, choices are made, and you roll with it rather than getting caught up in it.

Second, throw yourself into camming and job applications. Make a schedule for yourself and treat these two things like your job. Consistently get on cam from x time to y time, schedule time to make extra content if you're interested in that, and to plan your shows/content/etc. Give yourself a few hours a day to work on resumes and job hunting. This is your full-time job for now, treat it with the effort and respect it warrants.

I would recommend trying multiple sites for camming, clips/video sales, sexting/calling, etc. You're new, it might take a minute to find the most profitable and enjoyable avenues for you, so try your hand at a few different things and don't get discouraged if something isn't working out. Get social media for your camming if you haven't already - marketing yourself is important in this industry and will make a huge difference.

Honestly, I think you'll be okay. You have a good head on your shoulders - you recognize that your actions were impulsive, began constructing a plan immediately, and asked for advice. That's difficult for many people and it's a great start. You've done well in camming so far, you're on a forum full of experienced people who are willing to help you navigate this industry. You'll get through this.

I quit my job before I should have... I think. Actually, no I didn't. Just that afterwards they've threatened me with court action for having the temerity to quit my job... and try to gain work in the same sector. My contract did include a 12 month non competition clause which means I can't even get a job in the IT sector country wide, let alone the niche(ish) area I worked. Currently trying to speak to a lawyer to find out whether I'd win in court over this, and how much it'd likely cost. I'm not panicking until after that is ironed out - as there's sod all I can do.

I'm still glad I quit - as i was unhappy. Think it's fair to say you were too... and that's something important to recognise. Without making a change, I'd remain unhappy for another few years - and you may too. So this isn't scary, this is liberating :) Yes, there's uncertainty, so best to try and address that rationally and through careful thought.

Truth be told I'm not in danger of bankrupty if I don't work for a year either, so perhaps that's why I'm laid back about it - so my attitude won't necessarily calm your nerves. But rather than focus upon what you've "lost" (so to speak), focus on the positives. Relax a little, you've made enough to already pay 2-3 weeks of wage already right? Any indication that you can't repeat that feat over the next week? (not setting such a high target as a day!).

Rather than stress trying to find a job while also camming, is it possible to sit down and work out your budget? What's your current situation - how long can you last. Then you can set yourself targets - to cam 3 hours in the morning, and in the afternoon, do some job hunting (if the camming doesn't go well). Also consider other sites, as some may work better for you than others. Basically, give yourself some structure, so even if things aren't going well for a day or two - rather than panic more, check back with your schedule/plan. You've got some time (hopefully) if day 1 or day 2 doesn't go well. Okay, if it gets to day 5 and it's all pants then maybe start to put into action the things to do (perhaps day 3 had you writing CV, maybe day 4 had you register on some local job agency sites - and maybe day 5 after trying camming is to then send your CV to said sites and instruct them what you're looking for).

Bottom line - breathe. Unless you are in the point of instantly requiring funds or you're homeless, you hopefully have a bit of leeway. What you've made from camming so far sounds like you can certainly supplement your income and even be really successful - but try not to panic or do too many things at once immediately. Plan your day, what you need or want to achieve, what limits you've got (money wise) as to when you are comfortable to - and give yourself a timetable for the next week to keep you from panicking or feeling guilty if you just sit back to relax for an hour or two as a break... while in a circumstance you appear to think is highly "precarious" :)

Last edited:
Ironically, this is how I got into camming- my boyfriend left me, I had to move out of our apartment, and my 15 minute drive to work turned into an hour. I quit my job because I was an emotional wreck, and ended up starting camming a month or so later. It has been hard and it's easy to discourage yourself, but persistence is key. You can scrape by being "eh", but you have a chance of great success if you really work for it. :h:

Reactions: KarlaKaress
I gave up applying for jobs before I actually started camming because I was so damn tired of it and I knew that camming is my dream job and nothing else will ever really compare. Right now, it's tough. I'm waiting on my first not anywhere near enough cheque. But in July I'm so close to halfway towards making more than I would get on benefits. Which I was also impulsive enough to not bother signing up for because I'm hoping that in the however many months it takes to be approved, I'll be making enough. And the system where I live is very difficult and stressful. I've already been rejected for doing it about 2 days before the arbitrary date they decided me no longer a student - way after my last deadline but way before graduation.

I know that my goals are lower than most peoples here. And that maybe this doesn't sound successful. But I just wanted to share that even if it doesn't all go like your first week and you aren't making millions, you should be able to survive. And anything past that is more exciting when you know to really value it. Your first week was also amazing and damn I wish I could make anywhere near that!

So I realize that this was a mistake, but it's one that I can't take back now so I'm in need of some advice and help.
I started camming a few weeks ago, and made almost $900 in about 14 hours of broadcasting on MFC over the course of a week or so, but then my boyfriend dumped me out of absolutely nowhere and I wasn't in any place to be able to get on cam. It's been exactly a week since he dumped me and so far I've adopted a kitten (I've always wanted one, so while it was an impulse adoption, it's been something I've intended for years) and then I just quit my full-time job. They just did something today that was the last straw, and I quit without truly considering the pros and cons. I only ever made about $350 a week at that job, but it was a steady paycheck.

My plan right now is to keep camming as much as I can while I job hunt, either for something full-time or part time, depending on how steady the camming is. I'm just kind of panicking a little bit, because I'm never impulsive like this. I don't do this kind of thing.

Good idea to job hunt. Camming seems lucrative but you need the steady income when SHTR. Not gonna judge you on quitting. We're only human and I've done some, in hindsight, naive things in terms of turning down an opportunity. I mean we all have. Just keep moving forward and move towards the end game in terms of what you want to do with your life, as much as I hate T Swift :^)

Last year I made my Very first post on AmberCutieForums when I was 1 month into camming. Just like you, it was out of worriness that camming was not gonna support me better than my full time 5-8 job did. But for you, since things came up in life all of a sudden for you, you rlly Dont have the option to weigh things and decide since it's already been decided for you: You are*going to* have to cam as an income until you find another job and you can and will definitely do it and be successful in it- because you must!

It is very highly possible to make camming a main source of income. In the beginning it is hard and you wont make much but the truth is: If you work on it and cam often, market yourself/twitter/snap/profile ads, the amount you make camming will only INCREASE from there. As a new model you may make a lot on your first few days w/ the "new" label on your name.. after that is gone it will take more hours to make the same amount you did when you were "new" on MFC but it is possible. I think this is the big mountain most girls have a hard time climbing over. It will take a lot of hard work from there. If you keep working at it and gather up a good fan base, you will make even more than you made as a newbie! Trust me I know from experience.

I cam both on MFC and on chaturbate. So Obv I would recommend camming on chaturbate as well if youre interested. I find that CB is a better camsite when you need quick tip$$$ and u dont want to spend as much time gaining viewers/tippers on that site. On MFC I feel like most fans want to get to know you a lot more before tipping- WHICH is GOOD as well, on the long run! You will develop more loyal fans that way. Both sites together work well. I use to do 3 hours back to back on each site and that for me became a 6h day shift ^0^ tiring yes, but well worth it.

Ever since I started camming, I knew if i Focused solely on it, camming would make WAY more income than my 8-5 office job. My only doubt was, "will it be stable and will it last??" That was what worried me/ prevented me from quitting my vanilla job. Finally I quit after only 2 months of camming while juggling my day job, it turned out Legit alright...! I had MORE time to cam = MORE time to make MORE money AND fans which was awesome! And even more time to do the things i love. Before I had time to cam 2-4x a week about 2-3 hours each time and it was very tiring after coming home 5pm every day. Now I was camming literally every day and 5+ hours each session. It was the best decision I ever made & The best Job I have ever taken. If you think youre making a lot now, in about 6 months from now (if you keep at it) I bet you can be making triple, at least double what your getting now as a newbie!! As time goes by you only learn more things about camming, how to market your shows, etc etc that will only help increase ur income. I found that camming DID give me a stable and good income As SOon as I quit my job.

Things might seem uncertain now, but it will all unfold positively if youre determined and it sounds like you are a hard worker!!
Good Luck and Be safe!

I think you are going to do great just by camming, maybe you should invest more time and energy in improving yourself as a model instead of hunting for another ordinary, bad-paid job out there

I have an update finally!
So I didn't get on cam again at all until last Saturday, actually. I just couldn't get myself motivated again after everything. I struggled financially and still couldn't find the drive to broadcast. I ended up finding another full time job relatively quickly, but it's a soul sucking retail/food service job.
I finally decided that I was going to cam again! It took me two nights of chickening out, but on Saturday I got online and made as much in 3 hours as I do in 3 full 8 hour days at my current job. I went on Monday again and made even more than that.
I'm now applying to various part time jobs so that I can still make sure I'm spending time outside of home and have some sort of more reliable income, and I'm going to keep camming! I'm camming extra this week and next week in excitement and to try to pay off some medical bills, but I'm going to aim for at least twice a week. And then once I find a less soul sucking, part time job I'll cam at least 3 times a week and put more effort into it.
For now I just have to ignore the temptation to put in my two weeks notice before finding another job!

Status
Not open for further replies.