AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I met a camgirl - Advice/thoughts?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2016
Hi everyone,

Sorry, didn't know what to call this thread really. But I find myself in a situation which I'm not sure what to do in. Having poked about the net tonight I've found this little community and am now hoping for any words of insight/encouragement/sanity to help me out at the moment.

I'm going to keep this fairly brief, both to increase the chances of people reading it and to limit the chance of the girl concerned being identified.

A little about me before I go further - I'm a 30-something male with a decent job living in the UK. I'm also not stupid, although I'm also not too proud to admit that there's a possibility that my judgement is clouded somewhat when the attentions of an attractive young woman are on me.

In September last year I signed back up to a cam site I'd previously used earlier in the year, but had quit as I was spending too much money. For three weeks or so I was on and off, chatting to different girls, getting steadily less interested in the whole thing and was pretty much ready to quit again when I came across a very sweet and pretty young lady who engaged me in a way that had been sorely lacking in the previous weeks. I was pretty hooked from the get-go and would look forward each evening to being able to see her. She certainly seemed to look forward to seeing me too. I remember one night a couple of weeks later I was out with friends and all I wanted to do was get home to chat with her, which I eventually did (drunk). I told her she should come to a concert (in the UK) with me. She humoured me (or so I thought) and started looking at dates. Before I saw her again I had booked tickets for the show and told her about it. She once again started looking at dates/flights etc. Maybe within a week we had traded numbers (after her initial reluctance) and I was able to contact her via phone. Anyway, blah blah blah, she made a big deal of saying that when she said she was going to do something, that meant she would do it. And she booked a flight to come and visit me. I told her how much I wanted to see her, she moved the flight forward by nearly a month. I admit I was pretty skeptical still at this stage but soon enough the weekend came round. I rushed home from work and later that evening drove to the airport. She had indeed made the journey to see me.

Note: I had thoroughly encouraged her to tell people what she was doing. I think her friend had expressed reluctance at her making the trip. I told her to make sure she gave my address and phone number to someone before she travelled over.

Anyway, what followed was a weekend (or most of a weekend) of incredible love-making. I don't want to go into detail but I had a wonderful time in her company (and I was pretty convinced she did in mine). She took an early flight home on the Sunday and like that she was gone. I felt sadness, but optimistic about where things might go. I missed her immediately, and stood in departures for as long as I could see her phone was still in range of the wifi hotspot I'd turned on on my phone to allow her to access the internet. I had deliberately been a little reticent about committing to a second weekend up-front (more to save her the embarassment if she didn't want to, or if we perhaps didn't get on) but all I could now think about was seeing her again.

So, fast forward to today. I haven't seen her face-to-face again, though I have spent many hours (and pounds) in her chat room. Mostly just chatting, enjoying her company. But things have changed and I can't reconcile what happened last year with how things seem to be now. We haven't spoken on the phone for several weeks and I can't seem to get her to agree on a time when we will be able to. A number of misfortunes have befallen her (and new ones do too, with some regularity) since Christmas. These problems seem to have tallied with her being down when on the site. She says she wants to meet again, though it will be difficult now as the site needs her to do more hours, amongst other reasons (including a recent second job). She gets incredibly jealous if she thinks I've chatted with another woman in the wrong way. We message each other less these days and often she'll go long stints without replying to me.

I've asked (via text, unfortunately) if there's a problem, if how she feels has changed. She says it hasn't. I tried to reassure her that if this wasn't what she wanted that I had no intention of sharing her information with anyone (I can see that being a very real concern) in the event that we pulled the curtain on the whole thing (as sad as that would make me). If I try to broach bigger issues ("Can we talk about us on the phone?") she is very adept at avoiding engaging with me. Often questions I ask via text are just ignored in favour of some throwaway reply. I present all this as 'factually' as I can. Am sure if you've read this far you've pretty much formed a view of what is, or might be, going on here.

Last week I was going out of mind over the whole thing and threw a significant amount of money at her so I could just sit and chat with her for a few nights, ignoring my concerns and acting as if everything was fine. Checking my bank balance a few days later I've now taken a step back and taking a break from paying for private sessions right now. She's still texting me little bits and pieces even though I've told her this is the case. Over the weekend she said she hoped we'd get to speak on the phone - we didn't.

So, I'm crazy about this girl. She occupies my thoughts every second of the day. I don't know where she is at though. I still can't believe what happened back last year, and would be interested to hear what other camgirls think of her visiting me. Have you heard of peoepl doing similar things? And if you're a site user, have you ever had a relationship with a camgirl? How did it work out? Finally, I obviously invite all thoughts on the above. What do you think is going on? Am I mad/stupid to pursue this any further?

Thanks

That was brief? :bored::shame:
Those that seem adept at avoiding engagement with others most likely want not to engage with them.

I would agree with what justjoinedtopost said. I wouldn't keep pushing a visit at this time. You don't want to come off as needy. From the sounds of it she might be having issues at her studio? Maybe she doesn't feel comfortable talking to you about it in fears of retribution? A big red flag would be her extreme jealousy while refusing all your attempts to further the relationship. Maybe you got played or maybe her feelings were geniuine and just changed over time. Now she might just be stringing things out to get the most money she can out of you. Hard to say but be careful.

I dont know why you feel unsure of where she stands. She isn't responding or engaging with you in the same way. Have you asked her is she wants an outside relationship? Have you asked her where she stands? If shes jumping around these questions it's time for you to move on. Be happy for the relationship you had because it's over bro.

With you saying you got her number after she was reluctant made me question how into you she was in the first place, buuuut ya know that's not what you're asking.

If she doesn't want you to pursue, don't pursue. If you do it doesn't become a matter of crazy more like a matter of you're an ass who won't let go.

TL;DR Dude liked a girl, she reluctantly went along. Then was less reluctant. They met in person, went on a date and shagged for a bit. Now she avoids dude. Dude should move on because lady is over it.

Camgirl here (waiting on verification ), and it sounds like she took a big leap coming to see you last year. Personally, I'd never meet any members off of MFC even if I had a crush on them. But, to each their own :)

However, as I read through this, I see a lot of red flags. Her visit seems impulsive, for one, but attraction has a way of making people impulsive. You seem to be more invested in the idea of "us" than she does, and it seems to be significantly frustrating for you to invest time, energy, messages, money,( but most importantly), feelings, and barely have any of the likes returned or recognized by her.

Maybe she just has an insane life, with some woeful shit going on right now. It happens, sometimes it's so damn hard to stay connected, even with people you care about, when it seems like your world is falling apart. Maybe she's stringing you along, maybe she's just into casual relationships and doesn't know how to let people down. The thing is, you'll never really know what's going on unless you two communicate openly, and she doesn't seem to be able or want to do that. As some other members said, it could be in your best interest to take some time away from this site ,and her, to breathe and re-evaluate what's going on.

By allowing your feelings for her to be incentive for you to tip, while she is unwilling to talk about these feelings or set any clear limits, I feel as though you may be allowing yourself to be used (or setting yourself up for some dissapointment) and it's time for you to set some limits yourself. But, that is my personal take on this. It's up to you to decide what's best for you in the long run.

Be well, distract yourself lots. :h:

Agree with everyone, cut yourself off, she has your number, if she wants to call, she will. I'd probably block her on the camsite, because of the nature of the camming relationship, there are all sorts of extra ways to drag this out, or feel even more abused/used. Sorry your heart is broken, find something to take your mind off her. This is no way implies that she is using you, she might have just as confused feelings as you do, but these things probably won't be worked out well over cam sessions. Sorry man, best of luck.

The best advice is obviously to just move on but I'm curious about your story because it isn't that uncommon. Some studio keep tabs on the bigger spenders and often do things to keep the clientele happy and hooked. Sounds crazy, probably is, but if you were spending enough money this could have just been like a sugar daddy date or whatever, not really sure what it would be called. Seems to have worked, if so.

Agree with everyone, cut yourself off, she has your number, if she wants to call, she will. I'd probably block her on the camsite, because of the nature of the camming relationship, there are all sorts of extra ways to drag this out, or feel even more abused/used. Sorry your heart is broken, find something to take your mind off her. ...but these things probably won't be worked out well over cam sessions.
"Last week I was going out of mind over the whole thing and threw a significant amount of money at her" ... "So, I'm crazy about this girl."

Block her on the camsite.

It seems like it wouldn't be a lot different if you met in a more conventional way. Everything was great at first, you were both into each other, sex was great life was perfect!!! It now seems she has lost interest just the same as could happen in real life. The difference being she has a vested interest in keeping you coming back to see her as you support her at her work.
It is now up to you if you want to keep visiting her knowing it may be more as cam girl/customer relationship. I do agree taking a break and clearing your head would be a good idea. See how she responds, keeping in mind that she might say certain things because she still want to keep you as a customer.

The best advice is obviously to just move on but I'm curious about your story because it isn't that uncommon. Some studio keep tabs on the bigger spenders and often do things to keep the clientele happy and hooked. Sounds crazy, probably is, but if you were spending enough money this could have just been like a sugar daddy date or whatever, not really sure what it would be called. Seems to have worked, if so.

Only just seen this. Is this true? Has anyone on the inside heard of similar things happening?

At less than 10 years between us I wouldn't class myself as a sugar daddy but I guess that's not the main point here. It's easy to look back on what happened and make (my memory of) the facts fit a particular narrative. I accept I may have been naive, but moreso in my optimism for where things might go ultimately, rather than the initial premise. Though I admit I am maybe freaking out a little here over this now.

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. And for being relatively gentle/downright nice with me.

I feel like making that post last night was kind of therapy and it's interesting to be able to see things in a different light now. I feel sad today as I accept the possibility this is all over, though not as crushed as I thought I might. I still don't know what's really happened, and I can't reconcile the fact that she flew 2000 miles to visit me, in a foreign country she had never visited before (apparently) after less than 6 weeks of online chat, with how things seem to have ended up. At what point did she flick into not being interested in me? Did I do something that changed her feelings? Was she really ever even interested in me at all? How much of what she has told me was untrue (left with my thoughts now, more and more of it seems questionable)? Did she feel conflicted about breaking things off if the fear of retribution was hanging over her (I have her personal details, though I have stated before that I would never share these in the event of us breaking contact)? Was she perhaps even carrying on a similar thing with someone else?

A friend has suggested I make an 'ultimatum' before breaking things off. Whilst I can see that would spell out clearly what the future might hold (i.e. it would more than likely kill things dead, in my mind, though I don't know exactly what I'd say), I'm not sure I can be bothered with the arseache. I'd love to hear from her, honestly, how her perspective changed over time, but it's fanciful at best to suggest I will ever obtain this truth. And agonising to accept that I will likely never do so.

Feels kind of like the ultimate lack of closure is on the horizon. She's further retreated, as if she senses something is going on. I kind of wonder if I'll now hear from her again at all.

Be well, distract yourself lots. :h:

Thank you. This feels like good advice. And the rest of your post was gentle enough to make me feel less stupid than I feel I could reasonably allow myself to feel.

Did you trust your noble dreams and gentle expectations to the mercy of the night?
The night has darkness on its side.
The night will always win.

So yeah, lots of stuff shall be done. Week nights are tough (I'm a teacher and have boatloads of work to do in the evenings) though I'm trying to fill my weekends. This coming weekend a long-planned D&D weekend is happening, which will be massively helpful because it's a) sociable and b) likely to make it easier to convince myself that this whole thing never actually happened (a joke there, based on the premise that D&D nerds don't have sex, not with beautiful girls anyway).

Thanks again all. I may return to post again if/when there is some final encounter.

Thank you. This feels like good advice. And the rest of your post was gentle enough to make me feel less stupid than I feel I could reasonably allow myself to feel.

I've got a background in psychology and unrequited long distance love, so this post really struck a chord with me, as I have a sense of how overwhelming these kinds of situations can be. Glad to soften any of the intense confusing feelings. (Try to) Enjoy your papers and DnD!

Reactions: Titus_Andronicus
Maybe look at it this way. you got to spend real time with a Cam Girl you really liked. We are all jealous because we know the chance of us being able to met our fav cam girl and spend intimate time with her are very very slim. Also consider that even though she had a great time with you, she saw it affecting her work in some negative way. So she decided to cool things with you.

Ultimatums suck and nobody responds to them well. How about a good bye email with an option on explanation? Time heals and gives perspective, who knows, a year from now, maybe two, y'all open lines of communication and at the least get closure, and who knows, it's a big universe!

Thanks again all. I may return to post again if/when there is some final encounter.
One final thought. The spending.

There was a guy in his 70's met a 19 year old through the camsites. He became her friend. For months, every time she was on he was right there with her. She was a friend to him, but his emotional neediness got to be too much. She felt too bad for him. When it got to be more than she could bear, they had a blowup and she told him to go. Cut him off completely. No more.

He went nuts chasing her with the spending. On a pension and savings, and he spent god only knows how many pounds on her. Making different accounts to take her private with. Spying on every private he could. Tipping in mfc. Chasing her with the money.

Didn't work. She usually knew it was him. She told me she viewed him with complete contempt at that point. When he snuck in with a different name and took her private, she sold it to him even though she knew it was him. Few times she saw he was spying, she played up her performance even more just to f*ck with him.

He mentioned it in a chat with me a couple of weeks ago. He went off like a rocket during that period, now he regrets it a great deal. Spent money he couldn't really afford to, and all he got for it was remorse.

Now is not the time to be this girls tipper. .02

It's easy to look back on what happened and make (my memory of) the facts fit a particular narrative. I accept I may have been naive, but moreso in my optimism for where things might go ultimately, rather than the initial premise. Though I admit I am maybe freaking out a little here over this now.

I wouldn't be freaking out over it. I doubt it's the case but it's hard to really know what is going on when so many details are missing. Reading this line
I'm also not too proud to admit that there's a possibility that my judgement is clouded somewhat when the attentions of an attractive young woman are on me.
made it seem like you were somewhat suspect of the whole situation yourself already. Good luck with whatever you decide on doing.

you were somewhat suspect of the whole situation yourself already. Good luck with whatever you decide on doing.

Yeah, I was. Initially only a little, but the feeling grew and grew and now I've fully planted myself in the 'this is probabaly bullshit' camp. I spent last night researching for people who have had similar experiences. Stumbled across http://camgirlnotes.fr.yuku.com/ which has some interesting stories on it - some similar to mine (many ending unhappily) - though the guys who run it have also made a pretty serious attempt to catalogue a huge amount of info on the industry itself (which is, understandably, rather secretive) and what the 'situation' is in a wide range of countries. Some very interesting stuff there, although some of the articles are very old.

A knock-on effect of reading that stuff has been that my paranoia has spiked and now I'm suspecting all kinds of things have gone on. I'm wondering if it's even her who has been texting me much of the time. Does she actually live at the address she's given me (and which I've sent stuff to)? Who knows.

She texted me today. Apparently she's very ill , which is why she's been off-cam for a few days. I've sent a couple of relatively stand-offish replies. Will see what happens. I did cancel my account at the site I was visiting her through last night though.

Yeah, I know. My eyes are pretty open now (hence of the use of 'apparently'). Or at least my sense of scepticism is fully engaged as of the last few days. I don't get it though. I don't know what she wants, or how an opportunity to get it is going to present itself from this latest turn. She's not at work and so is losing money there. Though who knows what the fuck else she might be up to.

As part of a reply today I asked if there was anything I could do for her, kind of as a fishing exercise. She didn't take me up on the offer.

Literally no idea what is going on here. Curious to find out though...

Though who knows what the fuck else she might be up to.

Literally no idea what is going on here. Curious to find out though...

But is that really even your business at this point? Honestly?

For most of us, making money is a pretty huge priority, obviously. So if she's not working, she's either doing something else that she has deemed more important, or is unable to work for whatever reason. She very well could be sick.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but your not her boyfriend. I really don't think you should feel so entitled to know what "she's really up to."

She says she's been sick and hasn't been responding to you much. See that for what it is and realize, she doesn't feel like disclosing all the details to you.

It's just not your business.

Dude's sitting there, driving himself crazy, writing elaborate fictions for himself about why things might be going south, and ignoring the obvious answers and good advice. He's been told by many here, in no uncertain terms, that the best thing to do right now is just to go away for a little while and get his head on straight, and what's he done with that advice? Interpreted it as a gambit that he can use in this game of cat and mouse that is mostly raging on in his imagination.

People have tried nice, but you've brushed it off. Here it is with the kid gloves off:

You're going fucking mad, mate. You're exhibiting all the signs of a guy who is in a distance relationship that has turned. She is not a super spy working for the Russian Sex Mafia in conspiracy to rob you of all your nickels. If you've been behaving towards her in any way the same as you have been on this forum -- that is to say, you're barely keeping it together, you're making excuses for yourself in order to keep contacting her, and you're allowing yourself to be swayed into believing scenarios that only make sense to a fevered brain -- then it doesn't take a very astute person to read that shit and want to get away from it.

You know what scammers don't do? They don't show up and fuck you for a weekend. They don't show up at all. They don't get sick until after you've wired them the money for the plane ticket, but before they're actually supposed to get on the plane.

You know what scammers don't do? They don't cool contact as long as you're giving them money. Why the fuck would a scammer risk breaking the cash flow with aloofness?

Here's what I think is really going on (stop me, guys, if you've heard this one before.) Once you two met, YOU got a bit too intense, causing her to back off. When she backed off, YOU started feeling a little desperate about the situation, and started getting even more intense. Probably talking about moving her to you, or you to her, and all the little babies you're going to have with her, and "oh darling, we'll be ever so happy!" At which point, she starts throwing every Nice Girl Letdown signal at you, hoping you'll get the hint, and at least go away for awhile to get your fucking head on straight. But nope. You're just still being extra crazy, and she's just having to deal with you until the whole thing implodes, and you come away bitter, and she's hidden behind a wall of silence, and nobody is happy, and the world is full of regrets.

At this point, you aren't allowing cooler heads to talk you down. You're insisting on believing the worst case scenarios. Distance and a lack of proper communication (and I can't stress this enough) FROM BOTH SIDES is making this a doomed scenario. What you need to do is simple.

1. Write her a quick note, like, "Hey, I need a little time to clear my head and figure some things out. Feel better. Bye." Brevity is your friend. Keep it Tweet-sized. And remember, this is not a ploy. Do not do it for a response. Do not wait for a response. Just...
  2. Go the fuck away.
  3. No, really, go the fuck away. Go on a camping trip or something. GET AWAY FROM THE INTERNET. You know what the internet is full of? It's full of half-truths and misinformation provided by total strangers who do not care about your mental state. Does that seem like the type of thing you should be looking to for answers? (The answer to that is NO.)
  4. Come back only when you have figured shit out for yourself, have come to terms with it, and are prepared to deal with the consequences of your actions. Right now, gotta say, it doesn't seem like you're really in that place.
I have no idea what might result from this action. It may take you a few days. It may take longer. It may end the relationship. It may bring you two closer if you stop being emotionally overbearing, and give her a chance to miss you for a while. It's some risky shit, but right now, the way you're acting, and the way she's reacting, it can only end ugly. I say this, as a guy who has experienced the pain of failed distance love affairs, for your own sake, you need to sort your own shit out. You're driving yourself crazy, and poisoning the well. If you want any good to come of this, take a breather, and do it immediately.

Here's what I think is really going on...
No idea if you are right or wrong, but you raise some good points, and make a pretty compelling argument.

Reactions: zippypinhead
I damn near cried, stood up and applauded, Zippy's post was like watching Dead Poets Society all over again. Brilliant post Zippy!

There really shouldn't be anything added, but I can't help myself, because frankly, it scares me that you're a teacher and this delusional.
If you're going to start making narratives up in your head to place her as the bad guy, try this one on for size. She fell madly and deeply in love with you, she flew to another country to meet you, the sex was so mind numbingly bad that she couldn't bring herself to love you. She does her best not to crush your heart in public setting.

See how easy that was? Just stop dude, don't try to make her the super villian, step away.

• Funny!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
She fell madly and deeply in love with you, she flew to another country to meet you, the sex was so mind numbingly bad that she couldn't bring herself to love you. She does her best not to crush your heart in public setting.
Lol. I was thinking that, but damn... do we have to say it out loud.

The man is down. Zippy gave him a much needed slap. But do we really have to kick him? :haha:

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be mean, and I don't think want to be responsible for turning this thread ugly.
No no, you were spot on. But swagger pointing out that OP came up short....well, that's the kind of thing that can scar a man.

Reactions: zippypinhead
Status
Not open for further replies.