AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I need a little computer help! (OBS)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2019
share.myfreecams.com
This is my series of unfortunate oofs. Last month I moved to a new flat, and the internet here is very slow. I can run the web broadcaster alright, but OBS lags so much I can't use it anymore.

...So I bought a portable wifi router and data plan, and my internet in general is better! But when I go live on OBS, I get instantly disconnected, then picked up, then disconnected.

..SOOO, I tried channel bonding through Speedify. But Speedify is not a very straightforward service to run on a Mac. I bought wireless USB adapter to make it work, then screwed myself by inserting a mini-CD into my MacBook (that's what the software was on). Now that suckers stuck in my laptop. The biggest of oofs.

I am going crazy! I'm not sure if its possible to get my own broadband wifi, since I'm renting a room in someone else's home. I'm just trying to think of a cost effective, dummy-proof way to get OBS at working speed again. I saw somewhere that you can adjust OBS settings to accommodate slow wifi, but wouldn't that mess with MFC's settings? haaaaaaalp..

what settings are you running in obs and what is your current upload speed? specifically what video resolution, hardware or software decoding, what video bitrate and what encode formate do you have selected on the source. if your upload speed is slow you can lower your video bitrate which means obs will be trying to send less data to mfc which might help.

Upvote 0
what settings are you running in obs and what is your current upload speed? specifically what video resolution, hardware or software decoding, what video bitrate and what encode formate do you have selected on the source. if your upload speed is slow you can lower your video bitrate which means obs will be trying to send less data to mfc which might help.

On my home wifi, my upload speed is .84 Mbps. On my portable router its 1.16 Mbps, but I don't think I get enough bars to hold a steady connection.
The resolution is 1280x720, and my bitrate is 2500Kbps. Encoder is set to x264.

Upvote 0
On my home wifi, my upload speed is .84 Mbps. On my portable router its 1.16 Mbps, but I don't think I get enough bars to hold a steady connection.
The resolution is 1280x720, and my bitrate is 2500Kbps. Encoder is set to x264.
1.1 is still on the low side for 720p i think, I would recommend dropping the bit rate a little if you can and trying some of the other encoding options to see if you can get better results. The other option would be to decrease the video resolution to something that's going to be easier for your connection to manage. There might be other people with slow Internet that can offer more advice, my upload is pretty good so it's not something I have had to deal with for a long time.

Upvote 0
Instead of using OBS as an external broadcaster, have you considered using one of these meant for slower connections?

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 11.06.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-02 at 11.06.31 AM.png

Reactions: KingMarti
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.