AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I need some advice.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I get into the [vegan 😉] meat of this post, hi, I'm Bella. :) I'm 21, disabled, and live in a small town in Michigan. I've been heavily interested in sex work since I was 18, mostly for self-confidence and financial reasons. Tell me something about you in your reply. I want to get to know you guys. (I don't care if you lie. 😉)

Long story short, I've been dreaming of going into the adult industry since I was 18. But due to my current living situation of almost five years, I had to put that dream on the back-burner and put my energy into other passions of mine until I was in a situation where I could insert myself into the industry without bluntly having to tell everyone in my immediate family. But I'm making plans to move (for the second time since the age of 18), and depending on where I end up next (just typing that makes me tired, LOL), hopefully I'll finally be able to make that dream a reality.

I've done a lot of research on camming over the last week, but there's not many answers to the question I have. Due to my situation, which I described above, would it be best if I went ahead and created my camming accounts so when I'm in a position to start my camming career - I could go ahead and use them? Or should I wait until I'm in the right place (and fully sure of starting my career) to create those accounts? What do you think?

Reactions: mike_aussie
Or should I wait until I'm in the right place (and fully sure of starting my career) to create those accounts? What do you think?
I would follow your inner intuition if I were you.

• Hugs
Reactions: babybellaxo
If you're not planning on using accounts anytime soon I wouldn't bother since some sites like Streamate will just shut down if you haven't streamed after a certain amount of weeks. Unless it's a name you REALLLY desperately want to secure for yourself I don't see the point of it.

If you can't actually cam, there's no sense setting it up yet. Most of our "telling about ourselves" is in models only which access is given after Amber verifies you and you've had good interactions. Most may not be comfortable telling anything personal outside models only.

I would follow your inner intuition if I were you.
One's intuition is the best guide. Thank you. :)

If you can't actually cam, there's no sense setting it up yet. Most of our "telling about ourselves" is in models only which access is given after Amber verifies you and you've had good interactions. Most may not be comfortable telling anything personal outside models only.
Gotcha. Thanks for your perspective. :)

One's intuition is the best guide. Thank you. :)

Gotcha. Thanks for your perspective. :)
Something you might wanna do in preparation would be to check out some of the good sites for outfits. Some I like are Victoria Secrets, Yandy and Homme Mystere. They can be really fun! It's so difficult to keep up on each season's offerings though.

ETA; Yandy started offering stuff for dudes too. You know, in case any of the male models might be interested. Great prices!

Last edited:
Hi Bella, I'm Mike. I started camming less than 3 months ago, for reasons similar to yours.

If you want to use Chaturbate wait until you are ready so you can get the 1st week new user boost.

I wouldn't bother signing up for cam sites yet but you could do all the planning now: what sites you want to use, your username, your on-screen personality, bio, tip menus, bots, what your limits are doing privates, whether to sell videos & pics. That way you can just jump right in when you are ready. Maybe just set up twitter in advance and follow some people you like (and of course the good folk here at ambercutie that use twitter).

Good luck.

I wouldn't bother signing up for cam sites yet but you could do all the planning now: what sites you want to use, your username, your on-screen personality, bio, tip menus, bots, what your limits are doing privates, whether to sell videos & pics. That way you can just jump right in when you are ready. Maybe just set up twitter in advance and follow some people you like (and of course the good folk here at ambercutie that use twitter).

Good luck.
Create a Twitter, reddit account, Instagram, etc with your cam persona username and start following and interacting with people/on subjects that interest you and are cam-world friendly. Build a following now.

Something you might wanna do in preparation would be to check out some of the good sites for outfits. Some I like are Victoria Secrets, Yandy and Homme Mystere. They can be really fun! It's so difficult to keep up on each season's offerings though.

ETA; Yandy started offering stuff for dudes too. You know, in case any of the male models might be interested. Great prices!
Thank you. If you know of any, are there any vegan-friendly brands you would also recommend?
Hi Bella, I'm Mike. I started camming less than 3 months ago, for reasons similar to yours.

If you want to use Chaturbate wait until you are ready so you can get the 1st week new user boost.

Good luck.
Thank you. I've thought of many different things already relating to my possible cam career, but in all honesty, I'm still trying to figure out whether to be a non-nude model or a nude model. I want to be 100% myself on cam, but I don't want my camming to possibly clash with my other careers and businesses as well (I'm a busy person, LOL). I plan to be completely transparent with everything I do.
Create a Twitter, reddit account, Instagram, etc with your cam persona username and start following and interacting with people/on subjects that interest you and are cam-world friendly. Build a following now.
Thank you. :)

Thank you. If you know of any, are there any vegan-friendly brands you would also recommend?

I don't go by the brand with that, I go by the item. Try to avoid real leather, and go with PVC, latex, or pleather. If I were rich I would go as far as a whole vegan friendly brand, but a lot of those are very expensive. Same with the brands that source organic ingredients.

I admire any of you that can do the whole Vegan thing. I have tried so, so many times, but I just can't give up cheese.
I guess you could say I'm a real cheese head.

• Funny!
Sorry to DP (double post) but I've been finding some really great Vegan makeup recently. Especially nail polish, but you really have to pay out the ass for it (so to speak hehe).

I admire any of you that can do the whole Vegan thing. I have tried so, so many times, but I just can't give up cheese.
I guess you could say I'm a real cheese head.
I eat a little dairy too. I can't give up Fettuccine Alfredo from Olive Garden to save my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.