AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I-phone as Webcam using Camo App

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2021
Twitter Username
@D_A_Xmfc
MFC Username
D_A_X
Hello friends,

I'm trying to set up my I-phone X to use as a webcam with my macbook pro. Do any of you use Camo? Can I use Camo with MFC even if I don't see it listed in their list of 'supported apps'?

(I tried with Epoc and couldn't get the feed to show up on my monitor.)

If you're using an I-phone as a webcam, what app are you using?

Thanks so much!!!!

*i know there is a thread about this but it makes no reference to Camo or any other apps for Mac that's why I started a new one.

Is there a reason you can't just use a webcam?

Hi, Amber, I have a webcam, a Logi 1080p, but I don't like the quality of the picture. I have a ring light, and two LED side lights, but as soon as I step away from the cam a few feet, it goes blurry and grainy. It seems to only look good with very bright light and I really want something softer that will pick up more ambient light (you know, for that soft mood effect, hehe), I think the webcam works if I were to stay put, or stay close to it, like at my computer 'streamer/gamer' style, maybe ??? But I get up a lot and dance and move around......Unless I'm totally missing something here and doing something wrong, as soon as I walked away from it to dance and strip, the quality suffers.

I've read that with the iphone the quality is much better so I'm giving that a shot....I'm open to any and all feedback. I want a camera that will pick up the warm lights behind me.

Hi, Amber, I have a webcam, a Logi 1080p, but I don't like the quality of the picture. I have a ring light, and two LED side lights, but as soon as I step away from the cam a few feet, it goes blurry and grainy. It seems to only look good with very bright light and I really want something softer that will pick up more ambient light (you know, for that soft mood effect, hehe), I think the webcam works if I were to stay put, or stay close to it, like at my computer 'streamer/gamer' style, maybe ??? But I get up a lot and dance and move around......Unless I'm totally missing something here and doing something wrong, as soon as I walked away from it to dance and strip, the quality suffers.

I've read that with the iphone the quality is much better so I'm giving that a shot....I'm open to any and all feedback. I want a camera that will pick up the warm lights behind me.
Getting one of the more HD Logitechs, or investing in an actual camera that can be turned into a webcam (I use a Sony a6400 with an elgato card) will be a better and more dependable bet than using a phone. See if you can find something better that works for you. Phones aren't really meant to be a mainstay in webcamming on the main sites.

Getting one of the more HD Logitechs, or investing in an actual camera that can be turned into a webcam (I use a Sony a6400 with an elgato card) will be a better and more dependable bet than using a phone. See if you can find something better that works for you. Phones aren't really meant to be a mainstay in webcamming on the main sites.
I will look into this, thanks so much!!!!! I had thought of a camera.....

Reactions: AmberCutie
wait what a actual camera can be made into a webcam how? and what kind never knew you could do that :)
Some DSLR cameras can be turned into a webcam, it's just not as easy as a plug and play webcam like the logitechs. I too was disappointed with the quality of the logitech, mine is the C922x Pro. That's why I'm considering my Iphone or a DSLR (but they can be pricey).

I've seen models using iPhones as webcams and I have to say I absolutely love the quality and "vibe" of their image. I'm happy with my webcam but maybe I'll give a try using an iPhone one day.

Reactions: D_A_X
wait what a actual camera can be made into a webcam how? and what kind never knew you could do that :)
I'm using sony zv-1. Small, but better than webcam. No need to have anything more (elgato) to stream, but you need a dummy battery.

By the way, do you know any streamer who is using phone? I would love to see how it look like.

Some DSLR cameras can be turned into a webcam, it's just not as easy as a plug and play webcam like the logitechs. I too was disappointed with the quality of the logitech, mine is the C922x Pro. That's why I'm considering my Iphone or a DSLR (but they can be pricey).
I'd look at a used Sony rx100 series camera. When it comes to streaming they'd give you more for your money than most DSLR/Mirrorless cameras.
okay thanks what camera should i save up for then. what you recommend? i dont care about price for i wanna know whats the best so i can save up for it. :)
It's important to have a budget for camera recommendations, because the best cameras aren't going to give you your moneys worth when it comes to camming.

I'd look at a used Sony rx100 series camera. When it comes to streaming they'd give you more for your money than most DSLR/Mirrorless cameras.

It's important to have a budget for camera recommendations, because the best cameras aren't going to give you your moneys worth when it comes to camming.
Hey, thanks for the recommendations. I think what I'm going to do is start with my Iphone and then move on to a camera, just because the Iphone is what I have right now. I too love the vibe and look the Iphone gives. I tried it last night with Camo and it looked really nice.

I have been using my phone as a webcam for like 2 years or something now, hands down much better quality than any webcam you are going to find, like with webcams you gotta have a lot of light because the sensors are pretty small, but having a wireless webcam means you can do some pretty cool stuff without worrying about the camera getting disconnected.

@_Awesome_Alexa for android try an app called ipwebcam, iruin webcam or xsplit also has an app for turning your phone into a webcam (havnt used that one so cant say how well it works).

Not sure what apps there are for iphone but I would imagine that xsplit is also on ios.

Favorite thing about my phones camera is the processing, it cleans up a lot of really bad s cars that I have to the point where they are barely noticeable.

If you do use your phone as a webcam, you are 100% going to want an external mic imo, the mic in a phone isnt really designed for picking up anything further away than a few inches, so you end up being super quiet if you use the phone mic.

Reactions: D_A_X and Catwave
I have been using my phone as a webcam for like 2 years or something now, hands down much better quality than any webcam you are going to find, like with webcams you gotta have a lot of light because the sensors are pretty small, but having a wireless webcam means you can do some pretty cool stuff without worrying about the camera getting disconnected.

@_Awesome_Alexa for android try an app called ipwebcam, iruin webcam or xsplit also has an app for turning your phone into a webcam (havnt used that one so cant say how well it works).

Not sure what apps there are for iphone but I would imagine that xsplit is also on ios.

Favorite thing about my phones camera is the processing, it cleans up a lot of really bad s cars that I have to the point where they are barely noticeable.

If you do use your phone as a webcam, you are 100% going to want an external mic imo, the mic in a phone isnt really designed for picking up anything further away than a few inches, so you end up being super quiet if you use the phone mic.
okay thanks for the advise. :)

There are apps for I-phones as well, so far Camo seems to work pretty good (the paid version). I tried Epoc but wasn't very successful getting it to work. I have an external mic as well. This is very encouraging, thank you!

Reactions: KingMarti
You can also broadcast directly from the phone with an rmtp ap, cant remember the name of the one I use, but it's useful for times when your main broadcast computer is unavailable, but you will proberly need something with a larger screen like an old laptop or tablet to be able to read the chat

Reactions: D_A_X
Status
Not open for further replies.