AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I still don't know how to kick vs ban on CB

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GothHostess

Cam Model
Aug 12, 2019
Slytherin Common Room
Twitter Username
@ItsGothHostess
This makes me feel dumb because I've been on CB for so long, but I still don't know how to do this 😅 when I click the "kick/ban" this member option, it only asks me "ban usernamewhatever?" with no option just to kick them out of my room. 90% of the time I just wanna kick them for lurking, but I can't find the option even if I right click!

I know I'm missing something super obvious but IDK what.

Banning somebody automatically kicks them out of your room. Bans expire after 1 month by default.

If you want them permanently banned, go into your chat settings by clicking on the gear icon at the top of your chat room -> scroll to the bottom and find the link that says "View/Edit Bans and Silences" -> find the username you wish to permanently ban and click on where it says "Make Permanent."

If you silence somebody, they are able to continue watching your show, but are unable to type in the chat. Silences expire after 6 hours, and can be converted to bans in the chat settings.

Hope that helps!

• Helpful!
Reactions: GothHostess
Upvote 0
there is no kick option...I guess you could ban/unban...or give passwords to non-lurkers for a moment...or forget about it since there are probably 10x as many "anonymous"

Upvote 0
Banning somebody automatically kicks them out of your room. Bans expire after 1 month by default.

If you want them permanently banned, go into your chat settings by clicking on the gear icon at the top of your chat room -> scroll to the bottom and find the link that says "View/Edit Bans and Silences" -> find the username you wish to permanently ban and click on where it says "Make Permanent."

If you silence somebody, they are able to continue watching your show, but are unable to type in the chat. Silences expire after 6 hours, and can be converted to bans in the chat settings.

Hope that helps!

OH. Hahaha, ok I feel less dumb. I always thought kick/ban meant "kick OR ban" but it means "kick AND ban." Mystery solved.

there is no kick option...I guess you could ban/unban...or give passwords to non-lurkers for a moment...or forget about it since there are probably 10x as many "anonymous"

My main site is SM and I actually make more money when I kick lurkers than not, so that's why I wanted to be able to do it on CB. Oftentimes they come back and get a private or start engaging. It's not so much about removing the lurkers since you don't really have control over that on any of the sites.

Upvote 0
Hi,

With the addition of an app/bot...

You can use a 'limit cam' script ('hidden cam show/ticket show/virtual private/etc') to hide your cam from only those users you allow. Depending on the app/bot, this could be automatic, based on a list, based on token status, basted on user-type, etc. This is one way to block anonymous users from viewing your cam.

You can block registered users from sending text to the public chat room. Again, depending on the app/bot, this list could be limited in many ways. This works much the same as silencing a user, with the additional power of adding them to an app/bot list so that this becomes a permanent action. With an app/bot, you can also spy on silenced chat, incase you want to unsilence someone for any reason (maybe they apologize and with CB's silence you would never know).

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
This makes me feel dumb because I've been on CB for so long, but I still don't know how to do this 😅 when I click the "kick/ban" this member option, it only asks me "ban usernamewhatever?" with no option just to kick them out of my room. 90% of the time I just wanna kick them for lurking, but I can't find the option even if I right click!

I know I'm missing something super obvious but IDK what.
Oh my god, I am the same. I've been on CB for years, and couldn't figure it out either. I'm just finding out that there is no 'kick' option from this thread too...😆

• Funny!
Reactions: GothHostess
Upvote 0
Hi,

With the addition of an app/bot...

You can use a 'limit cam' script ('hidden cam show/ticket show/virtual private/etc') to hide your cam from only those users you allow. Depending on the app/bot, this could be automatic, based on a list, based on token status, basted on user-type, etc. This is one way to block anonymous users from viewing your cam.

You can block registered users from sending text to the public chat room. Again, depending on the app/bot, this list could be limited in many ways. This works much the same as silencing a user, with the additional power of adding them to an app/bot list so that this becomes a permanent action. With an app/bot, you can also spy on silenced chat, incase you want to unsilence someone for any reason (maybe they apologize and with CB's silence you would never know).

Cheers,
Cexmental

I've been using a bot to hide my cam for when I go private on another site, but unfortunately I don't think there's a bot/app for what I'm looking for, which is to kick the user from my room, with the option for them to come back. I use this as a conversation starter/money maker on my main site.

Oh my god, I am the same. I've been on CB for years, and couldn't figure it out either. I'm just finding out that there is no 'kick' option from this thread too...😆
This makes me feel so much better 😅

Reactions: darcyduke
Upvote 0
I've been using a bot to hide my cam for when I go private on another site, but unfortunately I don't think there's a bot/app for what I'm looking for, which is to kick the user from my room, with the option for them to come back. I use this as a conversation starter/money maker on my main site.

Hi. The CB API (the programmers door way into their site's code) does not allow apps/bots to kick users out of the chat room. This simply is not an option on CB. What you could do, is put chat access behind a pay wall. You could also sell 'Private Notices' or /PNs or 'whispers', and users would need to pay to ask you for the right to chat. However, these options are dependent upon the app/bot you choose to use!

My all-in-one-app, Synergy, can do all of this and more.

Here are a couple of examples...

You can use the 'Disable chat option' found in 'Chat Settings..." (also /hush command) to make chat unavailable. When a user types, their chat is hidden from public view, and they are then notified of the cost they must pay to gain access. If you do not put a cost, then the only way they can gain access is if their name is in the 'Voiced users (special01,lucky02) (Users with a Voice)' list, they are allowed by type (Mod or Fan club), or manually entered with the /hush username command. The /hush command can be typed anywhere in your line of chat and supports '@' removal for easy username lookups.

The 'ticket show' options also allows you to disable chat until a user buys a ticket, is given free access, etc. Using these options, anonymous users would be blocked from viewing the cam and only users who pay would be able to chat. The 'ticket show' options also have a couple of ways do discount and add *free* (a/k/a gift tickets) for users by type (mods only, fan club only, by username, or /ticketshow+username01,username01 command). You could even hide your cam, block chat, and charge users by the minute for access! Their access time is saved on exit and redeemed on enter (so users never get ripped off!). Just keep in mind that ending the 'ticket show' (/ticketshow command) will also disable it and purge the access list.

You can also sell /PN ('private notices') to your users. They are informed of the cost on entry. The PN system is incredibly sophisticated and can verify names, print sent recepits, and even time stamp any private notices you either receive or spy on. Using /PN in combination with /hush, you could disable chat and users would have to buy 'private notices' to ask your permission to chat.

PN Output Examples...

pn_command_usage_example.png

The app is dynamic, allowing you to mix options for unique results. You could use the 'ticket show' options in combination with the 'hush' options, in combination with the '/PN' options.

If you are ever confused, just type /commands. The app will privately output information, examples, etc. There really is nothing to memorize and the enter system is simplified to have more functionality with less commands (unlike other bots with 50+ commands you need to memorize or keep a user-manual to interact with).

This app has more than 2 years of constant development and 7,000 hours of work put into it. It is 100% all original code, designed by myself. I am a 'Decade with Chaturbate Awards' nominee for 'best bot developer of 2021'. If you are interested in giving it a try, I would be happy to give you an extended free trial.

Here is a link to it on CB: https://chaturbate.com/apps/app_details/synergy/?version=&slot=0
Here is the ACF discussion: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/synergy-all-in-one-app-the-future-of-transmission.39626/
I am available at: SynergyChaturbate @ gmail for all related questions! -- checked daily!

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.