AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I was defrauded on Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaturbate user

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Aug 5, 2021
@punker barbie. Thank you for being here. I’m hoping you can help with this issue as Support has not replied to me. I’m a regular Chaturbate tipper and I was defrauded a few days ago and Support has not replied to my email requesting the tokens be returned. What happened was a girl scammed me by offering a password show and then not performing the show. I had 2000 tokens already, but had promised those to another performer who hadn’t yet come online, so they were there for her, to join this newly offered password show I had to buy more, which I did and handed over. After I paid the price for the password show the girl said she knew I had 2000 tokens more and demanded them. She said CHaturbate told her I had them. Why would Chaturbate do that? I explained that they were for another show and I had promised them to another performer and requested she perform the show I had just paid for, and which she had agreed to and indeed offered in the first place. SHe did not perform the show and banned me from the room. THe ticket ID is 17981641

• Helpful!
Reactions: schruti
Solution
Yes, but to clarify, they cannot see how many tokens you have, just the order of users by chosen sorting (for example, highest to lowest).
They may be able to work out a range of what you have, from their own or other known balances, but not the exact number.
After I paid the price for the password show the girl said she knew I had 2000 tokens more and demanded them. She said CHaturbate told her I had them. Why would Chaturbate do that?
Models can view the names of all users, including themselves, sorted by the amount of tokens they own. Thus she always knows who has more tokens and who has less tokens than her.

You tipped 2000 tokens. If she did not earn anything before that and you had more than 2000 tokens left, she knew you had at least another 2000 tokens. If she has moderators or friends in her channel who tell her how many tokens they own, she can even refine her estimation.

Upvote 0
Thank you @punker barbie the tokens have now indeed been refunded, it is very useful to have this public forum as my request to Support by email received no response even though I reported the room for abuse while it was ongoing, so it was flagged at the time. I don’t like models knowing how many tokens I hold and demanding them from me, it is unprofessional to allow this information to be shared in my opinion. Look what it causes, models demanding you give them everything you have

Upvote 0
Models can view the names of all users, including themselves, sorted by the amount of tokens they own. Thus she always knows who has more tokens and who has less tokens than her.

You tipped 2000 tokens. If she did not earn anything before that and you had more than 2000 tokens left, she knew you had at least another 2000 tokens. If she has moderators or friends in her channel who tell her how many tokens they own, she can even refine her estimation.
Really? I didn't think they could see the actual number of tokens any users currently had, just how they ranked in order from who had the most, down to least, in the room. Is that not the case?

Upvote 0
Really? I didn't think they could see the actual number of tokens any users currently had, just how they ranked in order from who had the most, down to least, in the room. Is that not the case?
It is. They see the order of all users, including the broadcaster.

Thus if I broadcast and I have 5 tokens and you visit me and you are below me, I know you don't have more than 5 tokens. If a very lucky model visits me just to tell me she has 20000 tokens on her account now which she just earned, and I see you are above her, I know you have at least 20000 tokens. And then there are models who ask the visitors they trust:

Hey, please, quick, how many tokens do you have? That guy is just above you, I need to know what I can charge.

And finally, there is the deadly variant:

Schruti, 5 minutes ago you were above me, now you are below me, and I did not get any tokens during that time. Where did you spend your tokens if not for me?

Upvote 0

You tipped 2000 tokens. If she did not earn anything before that and you had more than 2000 tokens left, she knew you had at least another 2000 tokens. If she has moderators or friends in her channel who tell her how many tokens they own, she can even refine her estimatio

Thus if I broadcast and I have 5 tokens and you visit me and you are below me, I know you don't have more than 5 tokens. If a very lucky model visits me just to tell me she has 20000 tokens on her account now which she just earned, and I see you are above her, I know you have at least 20000 tokens. And then there are models who ask the visitors they trust:

Hey, please, quick, how many tokens do you have? That guy is just above you, I need to know what I can charge.

Schruti, 5 minutes ago you were above me, now you are below me, and I did not get any tokens during that time. Where did you spend your tokens if not for me?
Thanks for the explanation.

Upvote 0

Yes… it hasn’t happened often, but I’ve had models comment on how many tokens I’m holding, based on this sorting option.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.