AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm new and already getting Doxxed??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2019
So to preface this, I have been camming on CB for about three weeks, not rolling in dough, but making some happy money. I have done a lot of research on privacy with camming, and being a very private and paranoid person, have given it a lot of thought before I started camming. I have no qualms about my friends and family finding out I cam, a lot of them already know. My biggest fear however always has been someone finding me irl from my cam persona, and it seems like today's my lucky day, because it happened.

Someone messaged me while I was on stream, from a throwaway account on the social media site vk, sending me three screenshots from my show the night prior. I have had a range of emotions as a result of this, from feeling mildly disgruntled to actually slightly worried about my safety. Now, I have separate emails for camming and real life, and I use my cam email only relating to cam things, no social media, etc. I make sure to use different pictures on different sites so as not to be reverse imaged searchable. I have all of the "search by phone/email" features turned off on every site, service, and app. I'm trying to figure out where I could have slipped up.

Has this happened to you before? If so, how did you deal with it? Did you find where you slipped up? And how do you feel safe after having this happen? Camming is something I'm really passionate about and want to grow in, this isn't something that I want to quit camming over, but it's worrisome.

Thanks heaps!

Someone messaged me while I was on stream, from a throwaway account on the social media site vk,
what site is vk? Is it something you only use on your personal (non-cam) accounts?

Are you verified in the Model’s Only section? I think you might get more responses there, as this is a subject a lot of us might feel uncomfortable discussing publicly.

I’m sorry you’re dealing with this :h:

Really makes me think...

I have thought the possibility of it being someone I know, but the manner in which they approached me and the site on which they approached me not being connected to any friends who could possibly be on CB has me very skeptical. They pretty much sent me screens of my show with a "Hey so your real name is ___" And posted the name in my vk profile.

I have already made my profile private, and secured my instagram and other social media. I have no desire to quit camming so I'm trying to really figure out how on earth someone was able to find me so that this doesn't happen in the future.

Could facial recognition be the key?

It could also be someone who recognizes you but isn't close to you. I've had my real name and location leaked on a forum and the guy said they went to highschool with me. So it doesn't have to be someone you know well or even talked to recently. I now have no personal social media after camming for 6 years to just take the weight of worrying about doxxing off my shoulders a bit.

It could also be someone who recognizes you but isn't close to you. I've had my real name and location leaked on a forum and the guy said they went to highschool with me. So it doesn't have to be someone you know well or even talked to recently. I now have no personal social media after camming for 6 years to just take the weight of worrying about doxxing off my shoulders a bit.

I hadn't actually thought of that! Still strikes me as odd that someone who doesn't even know my name somehow managed to find me on a social media site hmm... It's really sad that these kinds of sacrifices are something many models must make just to protect the privacy we have every right to. 😦

Also really hoping I can get verified soon because I feel like a lot of what I'm looking for on this topic is in the model's only section.

• Hugs
Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Status
Not open for further replies.