AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm new to camming and took a month off, what should I do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2021
Hello! So I made a Chaturbate account around last month, I did pretty good during my first week, but I stopped camming for a month because I was going through a lot. I feel like nobody really remembers me now and that I'm kind of irrelevant. Nobody really comes to my room. I don't really want to make a new account, I already tried that but wasn't as successful as I was the first time. Should I just tough it out? I don't know what to do.

Reactions: Lola_Lace
In your other post you said that you get 40 people in your room and that you still have regulars. This is very good considering that you only streamed for a week and then took a month break. I know that it feels terrible going from thousands of viewers to what, in comparison, is a handful. As I previously said, this is completely normal. People love new things and seeing a "new" tag on someone is exciting for viewers. They get to watch you fumble and learn how to do things. They get to be part of your first streams. They get to see you before you're more established. Most importantly, many of them get to prey on newbies and oh man, they really love that.

The ones that have stuck with you and visit you now are your foundation. You are relevant to them and they obviously enjoy you. Have fun with them. Try the "promote your room". Switch your mentality from "no one wants me" to "people are lucky and privileged to have found me". Find a schedule that works for you and stick with it. Engage with people on twitter. Others will join your room with time and luck.

I was planning on doing the same to be honest.

When we started out there was so much pressure to be around a lot.. yet we had no idea what we were doing, we did a circus of a show as we tried to cope with the traffic. We didn't have goals and let everyone take the piss out of us taking requests with no tokens. We have had a few weeks where we didn't have much enthusiasm. Didn't go on much. Now our 'regulars' don't bother to come back.

If you start again let me know how it goes :)

Reactions: AussieCosplay
I was planning on doing the same to be honest.

When we started out there was so much pressure to be around a lot.. yet we had no idea what we were doing, we did a circus of a show as we tried to cope with the traffic. We didn't have goals and let everyone take the piss out of us taking requests with no tokens. We have had a few weeks where we didn't have much enthusiasm. Didn't go on much. Now our 'regulars' don't bother to come back.

If you start again let me know how it goes :)
Lots of variables come into play when succeeding or not after your first week.

It's that week I realised how much of actual work webcamming is and these networks owe you nothing in terms of traffic or placement if you dont consider all these parts of webcamming and mold it into your own creative show.

If you dont have regulars, in my opinion, it means you dont or never stood out to these members. When you're new you're new. In the worst wording fresh meat. Fresh meat gets boring to watch unless you make it into a nice looking meal with all sorts of ingredients.

Looking extremely good is a part of it (and gives you a semi free pass to skip some steps possibly) , along with good equipement visually, good show interaction, balance between what you think you're worth and what the community at least in the beginning wants to tip, ...

As i said before starting over (if even allowed) consider it will essentially not solve your problem, it will only delay it.. again and again.. if you realise how many performers are out there and you dont tackle all the angles of webcamming and making it your own creative thing then you'll be lost in oblivion of CB.

I certainly hope it works out for everyone in the end
🙌

Edit: also stop comparing yourself to others and even stop visiting rooms when you make webcamming your work. It's for the best of your own focus and good vibe feeling before, during and after the show. But that's my personal approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.