AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Im new to mfc and so far i suck! Lmao Help plz!!!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the lighting is ok but i dont understand countdown thing a premium explained how to mute guest and basics but then i only had three ppl in my room so i logged off ...i will be online today at 3 texas time if uwanna check me out and tell me what im doing wrong also myname is the same on the site

^^ as said above profile links could help a lot.
Other than that, are you talkative? do you have countdowns/goals? Mini goals (spanks, flashes, little things they can have you do to help work up to the bigger goal)? Is your sound ok (good mic, music not too loud, no noise from other people home or whatever)?

Have you done a search on your own on this forum?

If you are someone who can't be bothered to do things for yourself this could be why you aren't doing as expected?

Defs not trying to be rude just want to make a reminder camming is not easy, you have to take a lot of initiative to do well.

I'm not sure if it is because I am on my model account but you have no sound. Wait ... you do ... because I can hear the shuffle of cards.So why not speak to us? I am not sure where you are from, and perhaps you have an accent you're worried about? I think the consensus is usually gals who speak do better (with very few exceptions).

You look totally bored. You're typing on a computer that we see? gives the impression you're on multiple sites at first glance. Your lighting makes everything look orange tinted a bit? could just be my settings, but no one else looked orange. They way you're positioned we see from mid chest up and you don't seem to be moving or getting up? You are such a pretty girl, but bless you need to do something to be entertaining. You're really indulging a guy who is talking about a budget so he can't tip, but your countdown says you will take your top off for essentially $2.50 your cut. Don't indulge people who don't think you're worth less than a cup of coffee.

"tip because it's the right thing to do" as your topic probably not the best tbh. I have never tipped a gal because I feel guilted. I tip because she's entertaining (or my friend!), and is making an effort to be there. Tipping is a choice, and you have to do something to make people feel like they are spending on something worthwhile- entertainment etc.

Seriously. Search this forum. Use the search bar. It will do you a world of good.

Twice as long as from the middle to one end.
Not sure what this has to do with anything but hey. there it is

I'm being flippant, innit. And attempting to point out that "what am I doing wrong?" posts are impossible to answer when no information at all is given. It's akin to asking how long a piece of string is. There are a million answers but we have no way of knowing which one is right.

I watched you for a little bit and I agree with everything Serenity_Tam said. You're a very pretty girl, but I never heard you speak. I know you have sound because I can hear you typing, but not talking hurts you in most cases on MFC. Members like to be able to hear your voice and get a sense of your personality. Give different options of things to tip for-flashes, spanks, etc. You could do Skypes for tokens to get your camscore up-you could price them cheaper than MFC privates, but I wouldn't go lower than 40 to 50 tokens a minute or so so that it is still worth your while.

Another thing I think greatly hurts you is that you typed this, word for word, in your room: "well i have been on here for close to an hour ant havent made shit ...tip me fucker." A lot of members would see that and get turned off by that and not want to tip you because of it. I know it's frustrating when you're not making much, but it's better to log off and take a break if you're feeling upset. Best of luck to you!

I checked you out for a few minutes, here be some observations, innit

Pros -
  • You're very pretty
  • You have fairly good lighting
  • You have a nice, clean camming space
  • You have things listed in your topic for members to tip for
Cons -
  • You're not talking. On MFC, members have the luxury of being able to cycle through hundreds of sexy, talkative ladies in various states of undress. By not speaking, you limit your appeal and run the risk of members simply clicking on to the next model
  • In your topic, you have something along the lines of "tip me because it's the right thing to do". You might well mean this jokingly, but tone is often difficult to convey through text. A moral edict is pretty much the last thing you want to be confronting members with the second they step foot in your room

In her defense, she's getting wicked feedback and a massive echo. I'm not an A/V guy so I couldn't give much advice on that angle, but once she gets verified I'm certain there's a ton of relevant info in MO.

Im gonna give it a go again today...thanks girls! Anout how long do u stay online a day?
About 3-4 hours seems to be a good timeframe for a session, or even longer depending on how it's going! However, if you're not getting many tips it's sometimes better to log off and try again another time to avoiding lowering your camscore.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ambers Troll
Quick list of problems, but can see you are working on them.
  1. On lighting you are back-lit and that rear light needs to be off cam (distracting).
  2. You are ignoring genuine members who talk to you, most of us will only say hello and talk briefly before leaving, unlikely to return again.
  3. You are absent from the 'models you may like list', untagged. (Something to fix later on)
  4. No music. Surprising for a dancer.
On the positive side, you are gorgeous, love the look, and you seem generous and willing to entertain your members... when you work all this out things will go better, just keep learning.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly
I stopped by your room as a guest for a few minutes and here are my thoughts.

• You looked very bored and uninterested to be on cam.
  • You didn't talk or type anything in chat while I was there.
  • Putting "tip PLZ" in your topic doesn't send a good vibe to me.
You are very pretty, but it takes more than beauty to be a successful cam model. As others have mentioned you need to do something to entertain and give members a reason to tip. In my experience most of the tipping members are looking for more than just watching someone strip. Having a fun conversation in your room can make a huge difference. I know having a low room count can make that hard at first. Having games people can tip to play is also an option, even if it is simple as something like Hi/Lo with a deck of cards.

As others have mentioned, camming takes a lot of work. There is a lot more involved with being successful than just sitting in front of a cam waiting for tips to roll in.

Watching other models rooms to get a feel for what they are doing and the atmosphere they create in their rooms would also be very helpful.

Best of luck to you. Hopefully things improve for you soon.

Got to watch you for a little bit, you are beautiful girl and with a beautiful smile! Some of the things that struck out to me have been addressed already.

-You got some music in your room! It seem to be really quiet in there, especially not hearing your voice or any type of conversation being engaged.
-You gotta say thank you more. I only heard you say thank you once out of the 6 times you were tipped.
-I think you could totally be capitalizing and making some tokens for things such as spanks, top flash (I didn't see this), pussy flash, dancing-I gotta give it up to you, I would be so tired from moving around for that long without sitting and taking a break, lol, but what if you asked for a tip for one song?
-I was sort of confused with the topic.
strip for tips 50/per item ...tip PLZ 390 for cum show 1100 goal HT gets my first vid you pick theme HT *username removed* 470, to me it's worded that you were going to remove a piece of clothing for each 50tk tip.
-So most the time your stream was of your body, guys love seeing a face to the body, show off that face more girl!

You're going to make mistakes, but that's how we all figured out what works and what doesn't work. :) This forum has a ton of help!

Not a fan of your lighting. Much better than some I have seen that cam with just a single overhead fixture, but I don't think it does you justice. You have an incredibly beautiful face (reminds me of a young Brooke Shields, or Catrinel Menghia), and it's just begging for more professional lighting technique. But again, at least you don't have that single overhead washed-out look going on.

Lurked as a while as guest, room was dead as a doornail, looked like you were ignoring the room. Later saw you smiling and chatting with rooms. Strive for the latter.

Saw you encouraging tips for the Hi-Lo game, good. Also saw some negative tip stuff (room topic, chatting with somebody in room). Personally, the negative stuff tends to stop me from tipping.

Now I love a woman that isn't afraid to drop the F-bomb. But if you do it too much, it loses its effect. Gets downright tedious even. I'm not saying lose the potty-mouth, I'm just saying save it for the proper occasions. :muted:

After cumshow, you where low on cam, both framing and distance from cam will make a difference to how people interact with you.

On the cumshow, regarding those who tip... fast responses will make a big difference to whether it is worth it for them. I was happy to tip generously, but actually had no idea to what extent you even noticed my tipping and any comments (look in your archive later for interactions with Maniac_1)... I deliberately made this harder for you by responding in a few ways to the show, it gave others a chance to enjoy you too.
The show itself was fun and free, you do have fun with it, awesome for someone so new to this. I enjoyed, but didn't feel appreciated for my support. Message me if you want to about any of this, members can tip and send messages in a variety of ways.

One little thing, I think you should have finished your goal, it was too close to being finished, and may be harder to get when you return. You missed an opportunity to thank those tipping for it by leaving chat so close to the end. It may have been the right move for camscore or not, it is hard to judge until next time.

Get verified and have a good read through the forum, especially the stickies that take your interest. Pick one or two models who offer what seems like good advice and do a search on their posts here, Evvie is a popular choice for model advice for example. I like you 'huni', think you have got what you need now to do better, be nice to revisit you just for the fun of it sometime soon... thx for my entertaining morning.

people don't visit a new model very long unless they see something they like soon. new models are just as likely to be scammed by a member as to logoff at any moment without so much as an "afk" or a "brb" or a "i'm going to logoff for now" in the chatroom text or on mic. unfortunately you are constantly being compared to other models they know at the same time on the basis of what you do on cam. they need to find a reason to make a return visit or to rationalize tipping you instead of their favorite model(s). if you don't see what the problem is, there might not even be one; watch other models and see how they act when there is downtime (watch silently because you don't want to be a disruption). watch models from the last page(s) of models list because they are less likely to logoff at the first sign of less tips.

1. say thank you for every tip you get. seriously, remember that being polite will take you pretty far by itself.
2. have you ever worked another job where you made tips? asking for tips as a waitress would have never gone well. make yourself so dang cool that people want to tip just because they want to support you on top of tipping for tasks like flashes etc.
3. set higher prices. you don't need to be the cheapest and you don't want the cheapest customers.

i don't think raising the prices would help if she is having trouble getting tips now. new models need to find people who will give repeat visits and some of the people who are more likely to tip a new model on the first visit will only tip smaller amounts until she proves she can be trusted (each tipper wants to find this out for themselves, and part of being trustworthy is doing what the tipper wants or at least what the model said she would do for the tip). there are also members that have more than one premium account so looking at reward points or token count doesn't often help. it's also not a good idea to make rude comments just because of the number of tokens the member lets you see (maybe he has 465,000 tokens in storage? or a valid credit card?). you should also give warnings to most members that you would ban before actually banning them, some people are different when they get drunk and sometimes they tip more at those times. remember, all the good things about you can be negated by doing something that a member strongly dislikes. on the other side, don't give in to every rude request a member makes either.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AriaAnderson
i know a lot of people said this already, but telling people to tip you is not going to get more tips, that just makes it look like you copied something from a Russian model who doesn't speak any English. i haven't looked for you online to visit your chatroom but the better you are at speaking English, the better model you can be.

Reactions: uncoveredmanhole
Status
Not open for further replies.