AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Image Hosting Services

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I want to find an adult-friendly image-hosting website that would let me sign up with an account and then reference individual images through a convoluted URL that cannot be used to find my account name or other photos in the account. In addition, I want to make sure that the image site does not "borrow" the image to put in its public index. The photos are being dedicated to use in a CB profile.

I looked at Google Drive, but the URLs are not referencing JPG filenames, so I am unsure of how stable that would be to include the Google URLs within a CB page design.

I could certainly use a free Wordpress account, but that is a lot of infrastructure and effort to set up for what will be a handful of images.

I found this article that lists 10 image hosting sites for adult images. Again, I want privacy and do not want them to take the images. Does anyone have experience with these sites and which would be the best ones for my application?

Imgur.com

You can set privacy settings and direct links to images do not trace back to your account as far as I’ve ever known. Used it for years.

Blogger platform can help a bit but you've already mentioned wordpress so same issue...
I for one, create a new gmail account, a blog on blogger/blogspot. A simple page where I'll upload the graphics and No Publish... just draft... e voila, super private host.... the direct link of the image is not pointing to the blog address and also your main email address is safe (google is saving your uploaded images and can be accessible from other apps/services like Google Plus for example). As for bandwidth... chaturbate is a nightmare on devouring web resources with lots of http requests (already had this conversation, no point to bring this up).
On imgur , click your uploaded image and you'll see the bandwidth ... I have no idea what is the critical bandwidth allowed by imgur until the image comes inaccessible but it will be useful to know

Here's a screenshot with bandwidth for a image which is linked to a preview cover posted on Chaturbate and another website.
Images submitted 2 days ago
Views: 12
Submitted: 2 days ago
Bandwidth: 8.80 MB (so far)
screenshot_imgur.jpg

So, if you are using graphic resources on a single design will be ok, if same graphic used for template (multiple custom projects)... not so ok.
PS: for professional stuff... Cloudfront/AWS
Good luck

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Blogger platform can help a bit but you've already mentioned wordpress so same issue...
I for one, create a new gmail account, a blog on blogger/blogspot. A simple page where I'll upload the graphics and No Publish... just draft... e voila, super private host.... the direct link of the image is not pointing to the blog address and also your main email address is safe (google is saving your uploaded images and can be accessible from other apps/services like Google Plus for example). As for bandwidth... chaturbate is a nightmare on devouring web resources with lots of http requests (already had this conversation, no point to bring this up).
On imgur , click your uploaded image and you'll see the bandwidth ... I have no idea what is the critical bandwidth allowed by imgur until the image comes inaccessible but it will be useful to know

Here's a screenshot with bandwidth for a image which is linked to a preview cover posted on Chaturbate and another website.
Images submitted 2 days ago
Views: 12
Submitted: 2 days ago
Bandwidth: 8.80 MB (so far)
View attachment 77549

So, if you are using graphic resources on a single design will be ok, if same graphic used for template (multiple custom projects)... not so ok.
PS: for professional stuff... Cloudfront/AWS
Good luck

Wow, you raise incredibly important issues regarding bandwidth limitations. Is there any documentation about which of these sites have greater bandwidth allowances for images?

@Dan202 What about the idea of just uploading the images to a CB testbed account, and then referencing them from the main CB profile by the URL to the image? I am not sure if CB cleans out those testbed images periodically, maybe they do. I guess you could also upload the images to an album in your main account.but I guess that would need to be left without a password on the album?

@Dan202 What about the idea of just uploading the images to a CB testbed account, and then referencing them from the main CB profile by the URL to the image? I am not sure if CB cleans out those testbed images periodically, maybe they do. I guess you could also upload the images to an album in your main account.but I guess that would need to be left without a password on the album?
Doesn't Chaturbate adds their logo on your uploaded image? I think it does...
You can try but there are a few issues. The logo, the resize, the key, the cookie signature are some of the strings added to uploaded image. :)

Doesn't Chaturbate adds their logo on your uploaded image? I think it does...
You can try but there are a few issues. The logo, the resize, the key, the cookie signature are some of the strings added to uploaded image. :)

Chaturbate doesn't add the logo to the full size images; only on the thumbnail.

Reactions: Dan N
Imgur.com

You can set privacy settings and direct links to images do not trace back to your account as far as I’ve ever known. Used it for years.

Imgur's community guidelines state "No nudity or sexually explicit content" and the details behind that bullet point seem pretty unambiguous that adult content will be removed. That said, these guidelines are technically to prevent adult content showing up in their open public space. What never gets addressed is will they tolerate adult content being marked as private and hidden from view in their community. Could you reference that adult content from outside of imgur without them reviewing the content? Technically if someone reported the content to imgur it seems like their rules would require them to inspect your account, and then your content might get wiped out overnight?

Imgur's community guidelines state "No nudity or sexually explicit content" and the details behind that bullet point seem pretty unambiguous that adult content will be removed. That said, these guidelines are technically to prevent adult content showing up in their open public space. What never gets addressed is will they tolerate adult content being marked as private and hidden from view in their community. Could you reference that adult content from outside of imgur without them reviewing the content? Technically if someone reported the content to imgur it seems like their rules would require them to inspect your account, and then your content might get wiped out overnight?

I use imgur and have for 2 years. The images getting upto 30,000 views each... including GIFs. I always mark them as Adult. None of mine have been removed, no warning... nothing. All is fine for me on my user account - maybe that makes a difference (making an account)?

• Helpful!
I use imgur and have for 2 years. The images getting upto 30,000 views each... including GIFs. I always mark them as Adult. None of mine have been removed, no warning... nothing. All is fine for me on my user account - maybe that makes a difference (making an account)?

You mean you are putting adult content out onto the public IMGUR image community and it still does not get removed? Okay, that's interesting. So basically their policy is an empty gesture and they do not enforce it.

How explicit are the images you are marking mature?

You mean you are putting adult content out onto the public IMGUR image community and it still does not get removed? Okay, that's interesting. So basically their policy is an empty gesture and they do not enforce it.

No sure if they are into the public but I think they can be seen publicly if given a link to my albums/uploads.
The GIFs in particular are very explicit with BJ, Sex, penis, pussy, tits (with nipples),.. fetish things.. boy/girl, girl/girl.. all kinds of things.

• Helpful!
No sure if they are into the public but I think they can be seen publicly if given a link to my albums/uploads.
The GIFs in particular are very explicit with BJ, Sex, penis, pussy, tits (with nipples),.. fetish things.. boy/girl, girl/girl.. all kinds of things.

If you look at the "Post Privacy" for your images, are they marked "Public" or "Hidden"? Hidden images will only be viewable when you give out the URL. Nothing in the URL will trace to your account, unless you are working inside Imgur. Images marked "Public" end up in their public content and available through their public search engine.

Ah ok, looking in my settings default is "hidden".
Would you be wanting/needing yours to be public? Hidden has worked for me all this time, but then I am not needing/wanting them to be with random people

• Helpful!
Ah ok, looking in my settings default is "hidden".
Would you be wanting/needing yours to be public? Hidden has worked for me all this time, but then I am not needing/wanting them to be with random people

I definitely want "Hidden". My point was that the imgur policy technically makes clear that your images are forbidden. But, as a practical matter, my guess is that they enforce their policy only against images marked "Public" and that most of the time people get away with violating their policy for images marked "Hidden". So you gave me just the information I wanted, thanks.

Reactions: NotYou
Imgur's community guidelines state "No nudity or sexually explicit content"

HAHAHAHA someone tell every single NSFW subreddit that directs posters to use imgur as a host.

Their no nudity rule is just like MFC's old "no masturbation in public shows" rule. :D

Never mark anything public. You'll be absolutely fine.

Imgur was reddit's go-to image hosting for years before they got their own, and it was boasting with adult content. They've always turned a blind eye.

• Funny!
Status
Not open for further replies.