AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Inaccurate Country Flags

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2021
Australia
I was considering adding to my previous thread from back around February but see that it has been closed.

In the last week or so I have seen an even greater influx of "Australian"models. Usually in my evening time there are maybe 2 - 3 Aussies, lately there have been over 10 every night. Tonight there were 12. The problem remains that they do not (almost entirely) seem to be Australian at all. This surely is not a good thing, if I am searching for Australian models (or any other nationality) I would expect that the models shown to me should actually be from the country they claim to be from. It does not reflect well on SC and surely generates some ill-will from some users towards the models in question.

In the screenshot below there are 12 "Australian" models tonight. Only three are displaying a flag on their thumbnail, which is fine, I am aware of many models who do not advertise their nationality (although I think most who do not do not then choose to appear as being *from* a certain country! )
1684411261576.png

However they all have at least three flags in their "My Specifics", some even have 4!

1684411189923.png

Only one has the Australian flag on her thumbnail and she is the only one who appears to actually be Australian. The others all look to be South American and seem to have a distinctly Colombian Studio "vibe"about the decor etc.

All of those who have multiple flags seem to have both the male and female symbols. I believe this means that both a male and a female are registered / verified to stream on the account? Perhaps this is how they can get 2 flags? One performer is Australian, the other is Colombian? But that does not explain how they can have 4 nationality flags!

1684412595036.png

Reactions: ElGato
But I mean, you think they're not Australian because they can't speak English or because of their looks?
Both. And the general "feel" of the rooms. Which I know sounds vague and very subjective, but whilst Australia is very much a multi-cultural society, the Latin American community is not so large. The decor in the rooms also looks very much the same as what one sees every day in latinas' rooms and whilst we are a global community, that sort of decor just is not common here in Australia.

It is a "hundred" different small details that only an Australian would notice, that all add up to something not being "right". I have stopped short of asking for models to show me one of the electrical wall outlets ;) (Australian outlets are a very specific physical configuration and look nothing like those in the Americas)

It is also not just me, I was in one of these rooms and there was a user berating the model for being a fake Aussie. I hassled him about his attitude until he finally left the room but he complained for a very long time before he did move on. I might not be happy about people pretending to be Australian when they are not, but no-one deserves abuse / haranguing like that.

Another indicator that she was not an Aussie; she said nothing. An Aussie would have told him to fuck off in no uncertain terms :rofl: and most likely called him some interesting names as well.

I am curious as to whether there are models masquerading as other inaccurate nationalities or is it just Australia they are choosing.

Reactions: Sunshineseeker
Upvote 0
The flag thing has a few quirks. I notice it on Streamate too. A lot of Latina models show as being from Spain, which means that if you are into Latina models then you have to widen your search a bit. More confusingly though, I've spoken to a number of models who show as being in Panama, Mexico, Honduras and Peru but are in fact in Colombia. When I mention the flag, they seem as bemused as I am that they are not under the Colombian flag, which could suggest that there is some kind of plan by the studio when they set up the accounts, although God knows what possible benefit it brings.

Upvote 0
The flag thing has a few quirks. I notice it on Streamate too. A lot of Latina models show as being from Spain, which means that if you are into Latina models then you have to widen your search a bit. More confusingly though, I've spoken to a number of models who show as being in Panama, Mexico, Honduras and Peru but are in fact in Colombia. When I mention the flag, they seem as bemused as I am that they are not under the Colombian flag, which could suggest that there is some kind of plan by the studio when they set up the accounts, although God knows what possible benefit it brings.
I am sure it is the studio doing this. However on SC models are not supposed to be able to claim a country they are not from.

When I first joined they could and it was a free-for-all. In fact for about 6 months my friend went on a "journey" choosing a different obscure country each week. But SC changed policy and made it that *if* the model chose to display a flag (they do not have to declare nationality / origin if they do not want to) it had to be either where they were from or were living based, I assume, on whatever ID docs they submitted.

Upvote 0
I am sure it is the studio doing this. However on SC models are not supposed to be able to claim a country they are not from.

When I first joined they could and it was a free-for-all. In fact for about 6 months my friend went on a "journey" choosing a different obscure country each week. But SC changed policy and made it that *if* the model chose to display a flag (they do not have to declare nationality / origin if they do not want to) it had to be either where they were from or were living based, I assume, on whatever ID docs they submitted.
It's got to the point now where I don't even need a flag. I can usually tell where a studio model is from just based on the room decor. I have this image in my mind that Colombia is full of furniture shops selling massive headboards, all criss-crossed with mirror strips, bronze elephant ornaments and framed wire sculptures of geometric animal heads.

• Funny!
Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
I had a favorite Vietnamese model who had a Japanese flag on her room after she got a new account. She says she did not know how that happened. We think her studio picked it. She did pick up more viewers who were Japanese compared to when she had no flag showing. But she said they didn't talk and didn't tip:D She was banned after about a month, she does not know why. Maybe the wrong flag?

Upvote 0
I hate this so much. And I hate even more the site owners because they don't do anything about it..I personally have reached out to support to point to and complain about it but end up with zero results.

In their defense I understand being in other countries they might have regional service providerml issues and need VPNs to bypass that. But at the same time like come on and figure that shit out.

Though in our defense sure use a VPN to bypass blocks..but then why in the fuck do you put your name As Samantha Johnson when you are.clearly Yessrnia Lopez. Or, Julia Winters when you really match Jessica Iglesias?

Grind me gears

Upvote 0
Though in our defense sure use a VPN to bypass blocks..but then why in the fuck do you put your name As Samantha Johnson when you are.clearly Yessrnia Lopez. Or, Julia Winters when you really match Jessica Iglesias?
WHAT?

Ever heard of stage name?
So there are names people are allowed to choose now because of their appearances?

Also, with all due respect Ozzie, you don't even know where these girls are actually from, you just get the latin american "vibe" from them.

Maybe I'm just tired but I'm just so sick of this racist bullshit against south america.
The reason I don't and never will advertise myself as south american is because people are like this.

My name shouldn't be Lilly? It should be Carolina? Barbara? Fuck this. So so tired of this shit.

Edit to add, just FYI Julia is a Latin name. So is Marcia, Laura, Daniele, Rebeca and 100000s of names that you guys use. Fuck off.

Upvote 0
I am always looking at the wall outlets.
Schuko type F is European, Type E with the earth pin is France, and some east European countries. Latin America is type A.
Yep this a nerdy post ;-)
I'm sorry but what's with so many people commenting about wall outlets on this post thinking they're being clever? I've only been to 3 countries in the Americas but each one has a very different wall outlet, you are all talking out your asses to defend your stereotyping lol

ETA: It also really shouldn't matter what "clues" you've found in the model's room indicating she's in one country or another. You don't know a model's situation and there definitely shouldn't be any policing of what country she is or isn't allowed to say she's from/in. We work online, it's a job we can do from literally anywhere. I'm British and I'm currently halfway across the world but am I fuck gonna change the british flag on my stream to match the plug sockets on the walls just cos some members wanna be racist. And equally, if I did want to do so, I should be allowed to without these stupid complaints

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate this so much. And I hate even more the site owners because they don't do anything about it..I personally have reached out to support to point to and complain about it but end up with zero results.
Well, keep reporting any that you feel warrant it. I suspect SC are trying to figure it out. It is not in their interest to have models misrepresenting their ethnicity or origin or whatever really; otherwise those tags become completely meaningless as search terms.

In their defense I understand being in other countries they might have regional service providerml issues and need VPNs to bypass that. But at the same time like come on and figure that shit out.
Pretty sure VPN has nothing to do with it the SC rep, @Charlie_SC has already said the models' "flag" is based on their registration docs.

Grind me gears
Meh, as @Lilly_____ said, "stage name". That isn't an issue to me.

Upvote 0
Also, with all due respect Ozzie, you don't even know where these girls are actually from, you just get the latin american "vibe" from them.
I've got a pretty good idea, for the reasons I mentioned in my first response to you. Yes It may be a "vibe", but if I showed you video of my living room claimin to b eform yur countyry, I think you would eb able to tell that I (and my room) was not.
Maybe I'm just tired but I'm just so sick of this racist bullshit against south america.
The reason I don't and never will advertise myself as south american is because people are like this.

Just to clarify, from my perspective, I have nothing against Latin American models. (Far far far from it) There is nothing racist in my concerns at all. My concern is that models are mis-representing their origins. It used to be when I first joined SC that models could use any flag they wanted. Then the rules changed, so that this (origin) was supposed to be something we users are able to use to search for models to visit and tip. If some models (studios, in fact, I suspect) are mis-representing this then users who want to search for models on this basis cannot.

Upvote 0
It used to be when I first joined SC that models could use any flag they wanted. Then the rules changed, so that this (origin) was supposed to be something we users are able to use to search for models to visit and tip. If some models (studios, in fact, I suspect) are mis-representing this then users who want to search for models on this basis cannot.
"If" I remember correctly, the 'quick report' option on a models page had something like "models country does not match country category". Not there any more tho.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
I agree. This is destroying the indexing of the site in some sections. Some of the new and upcoming models I have been following in the UK couples section have now been put to the bottom of the list, due to an influx of African/Kenya models (With Kenyan/African radio in the background and speaking the language between them). I've seen the viewership drop due to this. I can't help but think this is harming the site when people are looking for certain content.

models.png

When you check the models specifics it shows this:
flags.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sorry but what's with so many people commenting about wall outlets on this post thinking they're being clever? I've only been to 3 countries in the Americas but each one has a very different wall outlet, you are all talking out your asses to defend your stereotyping lol
I didn't mention it to be clever at all. I merely mentioned it as a way to tell if a model was *not* actually in Australia, not to be able to tell where they *are* broadcasting from. (Australia's outlet pin configuration is unique to us & NZ )

I truly don't care where a model is broadcasting from.

I'm British and I'm currently halfway across the world but am I fuck gonna change the british flag on my stream to match the plug sockets on the walls just cos some members wanna be racist.
But *you* are still British so it makes sense to be still using that flag. I am talking about models claiming a different nationality, this is against SC rules.

And again, for me at least, it is not a racist thing. It is about being able to reliably use the search function as provided by the site, we are supposed to be able to search by nationality, if that is our "thing".

Upvote 0
I've got a pretty good idea, for the reasons I mentioned in my first response to you. Yes It may be a "vibe", but if I showed you video of my living room claiming to be from your country, I think you would be able to tell that I (and my room) was not.
Oh god what hideous typos.

I shouldn't message whilst cooking something need almost constant attention.

Upvote 0
I've got a pretty good idea, for the reasons I mentioned in my first response to you. Yes It may be a "vibe", but if I showed you video of my living room claimin to b eform yur countyry, I think you would eb able to tell that I (and my room) was not.

Just to clarify, from my perspective, I have nothing against Latin American models. (Far far far from it) There is nothing racist in my concerns at all. My concern is that models are mis-representing their origins. It used to be when I first joined SC that models could use any flag they wanted. Then the rules changed, so that this (origin) was supposed to be something we users are able to use to search for models to visit and tip. If some models (studios, in fact, I suspect) are mis-representing this then users who want to search for models on this basis cannot.

Not racist but you suspect someone is misrepresenting your country by not looking like they belong there?

Also what if they are indeed from somewhere else. As a Latin American who tried working on strip chat for YEARS without success because they won't give us the chance to get better customers and restrict our reach, if I had the opportunity to change that for myself, I would.

So IF it is the case that these models found a workaround, you really want to go there, you really want to take from them the opportunity to make money so they don't MiSRePrEsEnT your country by, and let's be clear, their brown skin? Cause that is the vibe you're getting. It's their skin color. If it was me, you wouldn't complain, ever, because I'm a white latin American and you wouldn't be able to tell.

Upvote 0
I truly don't care where a model is broadcasting from.
Then why would you go out of your way to make it clear that they don't belong there and make an active effort to take away their living

Upvote 0
The main issue I have with what you guys are talking about is that the idea of nationality mattering massively in the first place. Why do you need to be able to search for a specific nationality in the first place? Language I understand. Ethnicity I see as fucked up but also understand that it’s a thing. But nationality? What’s racist about that is you’re stereotyping and lumping every woman from a certain country in with one another. There is as much diversity in every possible way within countries as there is between them. Enter a room where you don’t match, move on to the next just like you would with any Australian you don’t vibe with.

Upvote 0
Why does it matter at all where a model is from? Many models, (and in fact studios) have very good reason to conceal their locations. After a long conversation with my friend, I learned that lesson a long time ago. Models in her country risk fines and possibly imprisonment if they are found out. Then there are the social ramifications of being doxxed, which are much more severe than they are in NA. Now, I never ask where a model is from.

Upvote 0
Dude.
That Sucks The Office GIF

Upvote 0
Some thoughts should be kept to oneself. I understand wanting honest navigation in a site but if a site restricts a broadcaster's reach based on their country of origin, ffs let them game the system and leave them alone. It's ultimately harmless.

Reactions: Ozzie_ and mira_leo
Upvote 0
The benefit could be that the model would appear in a different category that might be smaller and she would have a better chance of standing out and getting more viewers and hence more income.

For example, as I write this there are 1116 Colombian models live on Stripchat. That is a lot of competition in that category so harder to stand out to users searching country categories. If she changed it to “American” that number goes down to 101 models. If she changes it to Argentina it is 5 so she’d be one of 5 models a user searching that category would see

A Colombian model I am friendly with does this with the ethnicity category- she is listed as “Arab” even though she is 100% Latin. On Stripchat right now the difference in changing that category takes a pool of 1189 (“Latina” category) down to 33 (“Arab” category). It is purely a numbers game. She is one of those people for whom it is hard to tell her ethnicity so she can get away with it. She successfully lists herself as “Asian” on Chaturbate as well.

None of it bothers me, although I will admit to using the country categories in hopes of hearing certain accents I think are sexy.

Upvote 0
Some thoughts should be kept to oneself. I understand wanting honest navigation in a site but if a site restricts a broadcaster's reach based on their country of origin, ffs let them game the system and leave them alone. It's ultimately harmless.
Obviously I am not a model, but I do not think that SC restricts models' reach based on country of origin at all. The reason I say this is that my friend is from (and in) South America, and she has regular users in her room from all over the world: North America, Europe, and Australasia.

A model on SC does not *have to* show a country (visible to us users I mean) if they do not want to.

ETA and apparently ethnicity can be changed easily according to @Hiunds

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I am a model and I can tell you that your reach is really affected by your country, regardless of you displaying it or not.
It's not impossible to get regulars from other countries but it's 99% times harder. I'm glad it worked for your friend.

Again, you don't even know where they are actually from.

I'll ignore this thread from now on because it's silly at best, why is there the need to see people who fit your stereotype, i really don't get it. You already said you don't care where they're from, so what is it?

Reactions: Lucy_
Upvote 0
Exactly, and if I want to discuss Netball, AFL or NRL whilst tipping an attractive woman, then I rely on the country tags to be accurate ;) :rofl:
Have you tried discussing those with the girls that you swear are not australian because of their vibes though?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.