AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Independent caming vs camsites

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2016
I was wondering what you guys think about independent caming? As in maybe going on skype and doing cam shows? Just asking because continently my computer broke, so now I'm hoping to be able to make some quick cash on my iPhone or IPad using Skype or something. I would love to use a normal site for identity protection, but I guess that's kind of not an option right now plus I need the money. I've been reading about cam modeling for some time now, and I just never had the balls to do it. I know it's not easy, and you have to spend allot of time doing it. I probably won't make my goal amount within my very short time period, but I guess it's worth a shot. Also I think it could be kind of fun since I have allot of free time... Thoughts? Experiences? Stories?

Independant camming takes just as much, if not more effort. It wont make you cash any quicker, because you'll need to go out and FIND your customers. A camsite brings them to you.

Independant camming can be done very succsessfully.. and its a good option, but not something that will make you $$$ fast.

A major benefit that independent camming has over camsites is that you do not sign away any of your rights to a camsite. And if you're looking for worth, intellectual property rights are a pretty big asset.

A major benefit that independent camming has over camsites is that you do not sign away any of your rights to a camsite. And if you're looking for worth, intellectual property rights are a pretty big asset.
Thanks for your response really helpful do you know of any sites I could go to advertise private caming sessions?

I think you missed a great opportunity by glossing over Miss Lollipop's post. Her answer was very relevant to the one you just asked. On camsites, the marketing is taken care of for you, the very question you're asking zippy, not to mention you're going to need to pay for that advertising and do the research to find out where are the important places to advertise. This isn't even including payment processing, security issues and all the other dangers and pitfalls inherent in independent camming. These forums are chock full of very helpful information, but don't just shoot for what you want to hear. Best of luck!

Given the context of the question, maybe I shouldn't have chimed in just yet. The benefits that you're looking for, @Sexisoph are the benefits that @Miss_Lollipop and @swagger have brought up as strength for cam sites. I'm not sure how well cam sites play with tablets of phones from the model's end, since I'm only a user. However, under the New Model tag, it seems like most models have at least enough success to clear amounts that your short-term goals look to be. If you can manage to set up and stream through a site like MFC on equipment available to you, it could be that working through a cam site would be good for gaining enough of a base of regular fans to be able to start camming independently.

Otherwise, if you don't have access to good camming equipment, what about other things, like photos or videos?

Reactions: swagger
Camming is not easy or quick money. Camming should not be done on a whim. The results of you camming will last forever. It can affect your life in the long ter m.

Totes agreeing with miss lollipop.

Sky private may be an option? But it's not independent but it's Skype? I can't really even think of any gals who started as independents in recent years?

I was wondering what you guys think about independent caming? As in maybe going on skype and doing cam shows? Just asking because continently my computer broke, so now I'm hoping to be able to make some quick cash on my iPhone or IPad using Skype or something. I would love to use a normal site for identity protection, but I guess that's kind of not an option right now plus I need the money. I've been reading about cam modeling for some time now, and I just never had the balls to do it. I know it's not easy, and you have to spend allot of time doing it. I probably won't make my goal amount within my very short time period, but I guess it's worth a shot. Also I think it could be kind of fun since I have allot of free time... Thoughts? Experiences? Stories?

Just to help re-iterate what @Miss_Lollipop and @Serenity_Tam have said: Camming is not 'fast cash' and from what I've seen, going independent is something a lot of models start dabbling in after they achieved a following on a camsite first, mainly because of the advertising and all that. Not saying that you can't be successful if you start as an independent... but it will take a lot of work.

And you shouldn't underestimate the importance of good equipment offering a high quality feed. I have 2 umbrella lights, pretty background led lights, a microphone, a logitech c920 webcam and a i5 processor laptop with 16g ram (not the best laptop actually, but it gets the job done until I can update to an i7) aaaand I never log on thinking that it's gonna be 'fast cash'. I wouldn't phantom trying to work with an iphone or ipad.

Sometimes I wonder about "fast cash" in camming. I mean, yes, we all know it's work and it can take years to build up a following, but also...it kind of IS fast cash. Maybe not a lot of it, depending on your start, but I remember being blown away by getting a direct deposit a few days after I started camming late September oh so long ago. My camscore was shit but I made rent that was due in a few days by staying on.

I think we tend to take the term too personally. For someone who has no income, a few bucks in a couple days may very well translate into fast cash.

Now, that's starting with at least basic equipment and being on a camsite. Trying to sell phone skype shows as an unknown? You'd be better off going to the strip club.

this is a little unrelatede, but if your computer is broken and all you got is a phone or a ipad, then on cam4.com are you able to cam from those devices.

I think I read somewhere that a cam girl cammed from her iPad. I can only speak for myself, but I don't think I would ever cam from a phone. Cam girls/guys deal with enough site issues/glitches as it is while camming from their normal computer. I just couldn't see myself doing it from a phone...especially while you may be in a private session with a member who has the ability to give you a good or bad rating.

When I had to have a previous laptop repaired (the screen was cracked), I paid about $65 to borrow a brand new Toshiba laptop from Rent-A-Center for two weeks. It was great, and I will remember that in case I'm ever in a situation again where I have to be without my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.