AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Instagram Security

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2021
Cyberland
www.inannaqoh.com
Twitter Username
@InannaQoH
Chaturbate Username
InannaQoH
Hello's.

Sorry, been a hard core computer expert for decades, so im a bit slow and hard to swap over to phones, so a real newbie with this side.
I installed insta on the PC recently, for the purpose of promoting some streaming i'll do later.

Yesterday a model asked me some questions, about other platforms etc.
So i added her instagram to mine, and told her id reply in instragram due to CB rules etc.
And she in turn followed me.

What concerns me, is shes only following a single digit of people.
And then i can just click on who shes following and get the full list, then click on them, etc..
I would guess, shes following a photographer, few model friends, and what id assume is her agency.

Looking at the agency insta, its quick to shove a URL in my face..
Which goes to the website, which contains the googlemaps of where the agency is.
And id guess the website photos of the studio rooms, matches up to the model's streams.
So now i assume i know exactly where the model is streaming from, and where she lives to a few km's.
So i guess if i wanted to say hello in person, it would be fairly easy to, before or after a shift, for which she has a public fixed stream schedule.

No major issues so far, as im not a phyco and on the other side of the planet.
But theres something wrong here, and with me being a newbie to insta and mobiles....

..Any help with whats gone wrong here / please?
And what needs tweaking for improvement, and her safety ?

Thanks.

She should definitely not follow people that have public profiles which may show their location in some of their photos. Really should have two accounts. One for Cam people and one for personal. It's not really hard to track people down these days with Google and social engineering hacks. I forget the guy who.wrote a book about it but it talks about the techniques to obtain such data, much easier then trying to hack someones computer. But with time and patience you could really find anyone's location. Thus the reason why I have not one photo of myself even on my personal Facebook or Instagram , so nothing can ever be cross matched.

Reactions: InannahQoH
Sorry, been a hard core computer expert for decades, so im a bit slow and hard to swap over to phones, so a real newbie with this side.
I installed insta on the PC recently, for the purpose of promoting some streaming i'll do later.
Do you have to mount insta on another program for it to work properly? I don't have a personal smart phone at the moment and opened an insta account on my PC at the request of a model who was leaving CB for a while. I can't really do anything with it on the PC :drowning:

Do you have to mount insta on another program for it to work properly? I don't have a personal smart phone at the moment and opened an insta account on my PC at the request of a model who was leaving CB for a while. I can't really do anything with it on the PC :drowning:

Hello, Not sure what insta is like on a phone, as never have used it on a phone.

But for PC, no i didnt need to do anything.
I just goto instagram.com and login.
And my profile, who i follow / who's following me is there.
I can PM people i am following (Not sure if they have to be following me first.)
And get pm's. ETC

And can goto someone's insta page on the pc, and click follow.
Ask them to follow you. Then you can pm.. Or at least i can / so should be normal i think.

She should definitely not follow people that have public profiles which may show their location in some of their photos. Really should have two accounts. One for Cam people and one for personal. It's not really hard to track people down these days with Google and social engineering hacks. I forget the guy who.wrote a book about it but it talks about the techniques to obtain such data, much easier then trying to hack someones computer. But with time and patience you could really find anyone's location. Thus the reason why I have not one photo of myself even on my personal Facebook or Instagram , so nothing can ever be cross matched.

Id assume she already has two, and this one shes using only for camming.

So just a simple matter of "Dont add studio's and R/L friends, to your cam-model insta" And unfollow the studio, etc ?

Reactions: Billyboy
Hello, Not sure what insta is like on a phone, as never have used it on a phone.

But for PC, no i didnt need to do anything.
I just goto instagram.com and login.
And my profile, who i follow / who's following me is there.
I can PM people i am following (Not sure if they have to be following me first.)
And get pm's. ETC

And can goto someone's insta page on the pc, and click follow.
Ask them to follow you. Then you can pm.. Or at least i can / so should be normal i think.

Id assume she already has two, and this one shes using only for camming.

So just a simple matter of "Dont add studio's and R/L friends, to your cam-model insta" And unfollow the studio, etc ?
Yeh bro if she letting customers follow her and you can already find such info then ain't good for her. She should unfollow everyone and just have it for her customers only and make her page private too unless she's actively marketing herself on insta too.

Yeh bro if she letting customers follow her and you can already find such info then ain't good for her. She should unfollow everyone and just have it for her customers only and make her page private too unless she's actively marketing herself on insta too.

Thanks Kenny, Since i dont know what i'm doing with social media.
Another basic question , please.

Can the 100 following her, see information on who shes following? like i did.. (Re op)
Or just the 10 she is following, that can see information on who else she is following?

Can the 100 following her, see information on who shes following? like i did.. (Re op)
Or just the 10 she is following, that can see information on who else she is following?

Nvm, did some testing, seems everyone following you, gets a itemised list of who you are following.

Looked at a model i was following / she is not following me.
Shows she is following 1 person, and that 1 person is her agency, she probably works for.
And that agency's insta shoves url's and address's in your face quickly.

Messy/Unsafe

Can you even post on Instagram on the computer? I don’t recall a way to upload to the site without using my phone.

Can you even post on Instagram on the computer? I don’t recall a way to upload to the site without using my phone.

Hello Amber,

I haven't explored much yet, since i have nothing to post about atm, heheh
Looking around it doesnt look like i can post to all..

I think i just have PM's to followers/followed. Which is basically all i have been using it for so far.

There is though which i dont understand what it is.

Start capturing and sharing your moments.

Get the app to share your first photo or video.

<links to google app / etc>

IGTV :

Upload a Video​

Videos must be between 1 and 60 minutes long.

Last edited:
I use both PC and Phone. On the PC I can post messages and photos. To send a video I need to use the phone. Video size and length severely limited in Instagram, compared to Whatsapp.

Depending on the video post type, Instagram videos can be between 3 seconds and 60 minutes in length.

It breaks down by post type like this:

Video Post to Your Instagram Profile: Up to 60 seconds
Video Post to Your Instagram Story: Up to 15 seconds
Live Video: Up to 60 minutes
IGTV Video (uploaded from the separate IGTV app): Up to 60 minutes

One model I follow, doesn't follow me. I can see who she follows and who follows her.

Another had studio details, but she broadcasts from home. Still allows people to pinpoint city (to an extent). Plus sometimes she is in the studio. Warned her of that.

Last edited:
I use both PC and Phone. On the PC I can post messages and photos. To send a video I need to use the phone. Video size and length severely limited in Instagram, compared to Whatsapp.

Did you install a app or something? I cant find a post button.
And I can only goto someone I'm following and PM them.

Insta.png

Did you install a app or something? I cant find a post button.
And I can only goto someone I'm following and PM them.
Ahh. I am using Instagram through a browser window.

I should have clarified. I use one account (Billy1) to chat (PM) to my model friends and like/comment on their posts. I have one photo on my page, which isn't even me. I don't post anything to that Instagram account.

I have another account (Billy2) I use for family/friends/work for holiday snaps etc.... I normally only use that from my phone, but my browser also allows me to switch.

1621596457280.png

Ahh. I am using Instagram through a browser window.

I should have clarified. I use one account (Billy1) to chat (PM) to my model friends and like/comment on their posts. I have one photo on my page, which isn't even me. I don't post anything to that Instagram account.

I have another account (Billy2) I use for family/friends/work for holiday snaps etc.... I normally only use that from my phone, but my browser also allows me to switch.

View attachment 88354
Thanks billy, I have that side worked out.. I think
But i dont think i can post with the PC browser (Screenshot above)
Unless i probably bluestacks the google app in / which ive not tried yet.
(Still at work atm)

make her page private too unless she's actively marketing herself on insta too.
My model friends mainly have their Instagram as private. Which means you need to request permission to follow them, otherwise everything is blocked.

Using private is how models sell Insta from 1 token to 100 tokens (and protect themselves). Some models also have a time limit, 30 tokens for 3 months. When you "buy" the Insta access, you need to tell the model your profile name and they will accept the request.

I think stackbrowser.com allows you to add Instagram like an app on there. Never tested it for Instagram so can't say for sure.

Bro you sound quite concerned for this lady, it's nice you looking out for her but maybe she don't care either but also maybe you having some feelings ? hahha I only ask cause I was recently burnttttttttt, so looking out for ya brother.

• Hugs
I used bluestacks on my PC for something a while back and thought that was the only way that I could use Instagram. However, I have just uploaded a video and commented on someone else's post without bluestacks, so I think the model who encouraged me to follow her doesn't actually use it now, lol!

I think stackbrowser.com allows you to add Instagram like an app on there. Never tested it for Instagram so can't say for sure.

Bro you sound quite concerned for this lady, it's nice you looking out for her but maybe she don't care either but also maybe you having some feelings ? hahha I only ask cause I was recently burnttttttttt, so looking out for ya brother.

Hello Kenny.

Bit two way i think, I'll be streaming later, so need to work this out for myself too.

But yes I don't like streamers having address's online.
If they know they are doing it, and want to, that's their choice.
But sometimes these things are done accidentally. And since shes new and was "I have a insta but i never use it" id guess its an accident.

But yes she is fucking hot...
Makes it very slow to setup for streaming when i keep getting distracted.

I use Insta on both pc and phone. Thanks for raising this! I have profile set to private, and all location services off for both the app and for photos, so they do not capture location where photos were taken either.
On the browser version of the app, you can post to your story or DM a contact and upload photos and videos, but it is not your typical windows-based app. I'm used to hovering the cursor over an icon to see what it does, but that function does not seem to exist for me on the pc version of IG.

On the browser version of the app, you can post to your story or DM a contact and upload photos and videos, but it is not your typical windows-based app.

Hi. How are you attaching video to DM (PM/Message) in the browser?

When I click the photo icon in a message, I get the following allows file types.

1621601435694.png

If I try to add anything different like a GIF, by selecting All Files, it won't add that file. Only anything with an extension listed above.

Cheers

It's possible to post content from a PC to your profile and story, without using heavy things like BlueStack

It's not out of the box, but easy on chrome based viewers.
You have to tune your browser to have the same responsive behaviour as a smartphone.
Some plugin permit to do it in one click, but they actually only do this, using developer facilities (on chrome, Firefox, brave... I don't know about others) :

- right-click on the page anywhere and then choose 'inspect' (or CTRL-SHIFT-I)
- click toggle device tool-bar there (or CTRL-SHIFT-M)
1621625696953.png
the Page will appear reduced and a new menu will permit to choose the behaviour 'Responsive' :
1621626189088.png

Select your prefered phone and Refresh the page, then you have the same interface than your phone and can post what you edited on your PC ;)
You can close the developer console without breaking it until you refresh the page or let it opened to permit to refresh and keep the smartphone behaviour

1621626545162.png

Also, in the configuration menu, for development purposes, you can trick your "phone's" location, can be interesting ;)

For PMs, it's a bit new on the standard web page
You can PM anybody, regarding his/her tuning, and accept or decline and block silently other's PMs

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
But the simple answer is: no, you can't make posts without using your phone. You can view and reply to DMs and comments, and view content. So it's pointless to have an account for promotional purposes without a smartphone, unless you want to jump through technical loopholes to post from your computer.

Hi. How are you attaching video to DM (PM/Message) in the browser?
When I click the photo icon in a message, I get the following allows file types.
If I try to add anything different like a GIF, by selecting All Files, it won't add that file. Only anything with an extension listed above.

Cheers
Hmm I may have had a senior moment. Perhaps it is only images of those file types that can be added to a DM in the browser version. I do mainly use it on the phone.
I'll have to check. Apologies for any confusion.

• Funny!
Status
Not open for further replies.