AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2018
United States
Streamate Username
MilaniHarris
Hey there! ☺ I've been thinking about testing out webcam modeling for awhile. I've visited multiple websites today. I feel a little bit overwhelmed and i have no clue where to start. I have a few questions...

1. What are the safest cam sites out of the 4 listed in acf? What are the safest sites not listen in acf?
2. Will personal information such as name, ssn, location, banking information, photo id., and email be safe and hidden?
3. What do I need to know before I try this?
4. Helpful tips for beginners?
5. What to watchout for on certain websites?
6. Bbbw friendly?
7. Needs?

I've just started researching today and will take a few more weeks to check everything out. I'm just afraid of scams. I'd really like to be able to earn a little extra money in between college and work. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Welcome! I think some of what you're looking for you'll come across browsing more of the forum (or using search to find threads that may not be at the top of the list) but, as far as your first question, I'd definitely say the ones listed on the camgirl wiki as most popular are under that heading for a reason. There are other "legit" (paying, not scammy etc) camsites, but many don't have as much paying traffic. Yes, your SSN, address etc will be well taken care of with a legit site.

What you need to know before you try it is the biggest one to me though- camming is super great, but any type of sexwork is pretty heavily stigmatized, and you don't have to have a long career to be "outed". Definitely think about what you want to do in your future, and whether a history of sex work could hurt that. If you broadcast, it will be capped (recorded and uploaded elsewhere), even if you aren't doing anything sexy (seriously, there are hours of video of me talking comic books out there). If it will hurt your relationships with family/friends if you were to be found out, that's another thing to think about. You probably know all this, but I think it's still super important to think about before hitting broadcast.
Other than that, watch other girls' cams, check out the feel of different sites, read through some of the public threads here on ACF- there's a lot of really good info (I think I read through all of this one when I was first starting https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/beginners-questions-please-help-a-girl-out.6764/)

I'll search the website more. That's crazy about the comic book thing.. I guess I have some more thinking to do about this. Thanks for your reply! :)
Welcome! I think some of what you're looking for you'll come across browsing more of the forum (or using search to find threads that may not be at the top of the list) but, as far as your first question, I'd definitely say the ones listed on the camgirl wiki as most popular are under that heading for a reason. There are other "legit" (paying, not scammy etc) camsites, but many don't have as much paying traffic. Yes, your SSN, address etc will be well taken care of with a legit site.

What you need to know before you try it is the biggest one to me though- camming is super great, but any type of sexwork is pretty heavily stigmatized, and you don't have to have a long career to be "outed". Definitely think about what you want to do in your future, and whether a history of sex work could hurt that. If you broadcast, it will be capped (recorded and uploaded elsewhere), even if you aren't doing anything sexy (seriously, there are hours of video of me talking comic books out there). If it will hurt your relationships with family/friends if you were to be found out, that's another thing to think about. You probably know all this, but I think it's still super important to think about before hitting broadcast.
Other than that, watch other girls' cams, check out the feel of different sites, read through some of the public threads here on ACF- there's a lot of really good info (I think I read through all of this one when I was first starting https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/beginners-questions-please-help-a-girl-out.6764/)

Check out http://camgirlwiki.com/ for answers to some of those basic questions - this may help with the overwhelm.

1. What are the safest cam sites out of the 4 listed in acf? What are the safest sites not listen in acf?
-Can you explain what you mean by safe?

2. Will personal information such as name, ssn, location, banking information, photo id., and email be safe and hidden?
Yes. Use a main reputable site, safeguard your passwords and you should be just fine.

3. What do I need to know before I try this?
read up on the wiki

4. Helpful tips for beginners?
read the forums, and the wiki. Specific tips will depend on where you decide to cam etc.

5. What to watchout for on certain websites?
Stay away from internetmodelling - they are a studio not a camsite.they'll take a portion of your income for nothin..

If you're unsure if something you're signing up for is a scam just come here and ask.

6. Bbbw friendly?
Research the BBW fetish markets and maybe look at clipsites too. BBW can do well on every site... but some may require more effort than others. Im not the best person to ask here..

7. Needs?
as in set up needs?
Decent internet, computer, decent webcam (logitech c920 is a good starting point) and decent lighting.

*Regarding Chaturbate*
Hi there ladies, i was just hoping for some help if possible..I started as a model in November.2017 with the hubby, we received the first 2 payments in my bank no problem via. wire transfer... But i STILL HAVE NOT received my payment that was sent out January.5th, i sent about 8 messages asking where about is the payment? They finally got back to me, and said it had been sent back to them and i need to update my payment info..(which is confusing cause already had done that)
So i reset my payment info... They got back to me yesterday but the only thing they said was this:
Dear twerkthatbootybabe,

Please let us know if you have not received your wire payments by 01/22.

Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.
Thank you,
Support
But i don't feel im going to get my payment ever, and it sucks cause i believe the next one gets sent out Monday :(
I don't know what to do i feel at a loss, i want to continue working from home but if this is going to happen i don't really want to continue and there customer service sucks.. :( Is there anyone that can help me I dont where else to post!!

*Regarding Chaturbate*
Hi there ladies, i was just hoping for some help if possible..I started as a model in November.2017 with the hubby, we received the first 2 payments in my bank no problem via. wire transfer... But i STILL HAVE NOT received my payment that was sent out January.5th, i sent about 8 messages asking where about is the payment? They finally got back to me, and said it had been sent back to them and i need to update my payment info..(which is confusing cause already had done that)
So i reset my payment info... They got back to me yesterday but the only thing they said was this:
Dear twerkthatbootybabe,

Thank you,
Support
But i don't feel im going to get my payment ever, and it sucks cause i believe the next one gets sent out Monday :(
I don't know what to do i feel at a loss, i want to continue working from home but if this is going to happen i don't really want to continue and there customer service sucks.. :( Is there anyone that can help me I dont where else to post!!

@punker barbie might help you

This is not Chaterbate support

Lighting kit suggestion. It's cheap and most cam girls can get away with using just the standard 3 light setup (1 on each side & 1 behind/below the camera), especially when they first start.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ExcellaExe
*Regarding Chaturbate*
Dear twerkthatbootybabe,

Thank you,
Support
did you mean this to be a separate thread? I'm sorry this is happening but you are posting in someones thread about something entirely different.

Also if you wanna get your maximum earnings sign directly to the site.

The line of work i want to get into is optometry. I added geographic restriction and so i feel safer working online.

Hey there, When I was a noob i did my research for a year before doing this and then signed straight to a studio to help me get around the site and provide me a work space.

I started with streamate btw :)

I like streamate because it has good traffic and isnt exactly a nude cam site, anywhere you can be dressed or undressed (your choice) but to me sm had the appeal that i wanted as i wasnt really comfortable exposing my self just yet. Do listen to the rules, my imformation has been guarded three years thus far, and theres a vast amount of beautiful girls all shapes and size on the site, theres really something for everyone, im sure youd feel comfortable :)

I do hear the other sites have extensive traffic though, those also sound like a good idea as well! Wish you luck trying it :)

As dolli says above, -- decent internet and camera will be a big deal. If you have these two good you will be in the 5% of great shows.

Then you just need to build a great social following on a few different mediums (if you don't mind showing your identity)...

Use sites like twitter and insta and get some followers. Talk between other camers on those sites to trade posts etc to cross collateralize your followers and build big networks

Good luck hun xx It will be a challenge at first but anything great always is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.