AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is birdbox really worth the hype?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2019
I also saw on google that if you're a depressed person, not to watch it. This combined with my distrust of media in general makes me hesitant, but tbh I'm pretty tempted

I don't normally watch horror films, but this was good, it has a zombie apocalypse feel to it, more than anything.

From what I've gathered it's supposed to be about racism and mental health? Am I wrong?

I may just break my hippie streak and go for it. Lately I feel myself wanting to get lost in pop culture for the first time in my life, because I want and probably need to get stuck in a more extroverted "flow" due to my constant stressing and disability to clear the mind. Maybe I just need to geeet out there. I'm even gonna meet some Vinas (issa tinder for female friends, it's not a gay thing either, which I'm not against, just think it's cool that there's a platonic friend app out there finally) I've been having daydreams of yelling "FUck IT!!!" and move to New York, the land of everything and opportunity

I'm curious how you got to that conclusion.

I literally just googled it, it didn't sound right to me either but I was like "well I guess"... to be fair I only skimmed the living shit out of the first page of google, and really ran with what came up in the google search bar LMFAO

I was really over thinking it was some weird creepy thriller with aspects of racism and mental health thrown in... lol lol lol

I literally just googled it, it didn't sound right to me either but I was like "well I guess"... to be fair I only skimmed the living shit out of the first page of google, and really ran with what came up in the google search bar LMFAO

I was really over thinking it was some weird creepy thriller with aspects of racism and mental health thrown in... lol lol lol
Top synopsis result on google:

When a mysterious force decimates the population, only one thing is certain -- if you see it, you die. The survivors must now avoid coming face to face with an entity that takes the form of their worst fears. Searching for hope and a new beginning, a woman and her children embark on a dangerous journey through the woods and down a river to find the one place that may offer sanctuary. To make it, they'll have to cover their eyes from the evil that chases them -- and complete the trip blindfolded.

• Helpful!
Reactions: fantasy707
Top synopsis result on google:

When a mysterious force decimates the population, only one thing is certain -- if you see it, you die. The survivors must now avoid coming face to face with an entity that takes the form of their worst fears. Searching for hope and a new beginning, a woman and her children embark on a dangerous journey through the woods and down a river to find the one place that may offer sanctuary. To make it, they'll have to cover their eyes from the evil that chases them -- and complete the trip blindfolded.

Yeahh, I saw that and skimmed it. I had originally put "is birdbox about" into search and stuff was coming up like 'racism' 'mental health' so I was like yeah it's a weird scary movie about those things LOL embarrassed now, serves me right for doing Thee.Laziest.non-research in the world

I just did it now for fun and people are apparently asking "Is birdbox about demons, mental health, depression, aliens, social media, zombies, ghosts, cthulhu (WTH is cthulhu???), and then mentall illness again" Heh. ._. Amusing

I really liked it! It did make me feel a lot of feelings but nothing out of the ordinary from any decent movie. it was pretty darn good and worth a watch for sure!

I can see the mental health topic for sure but I can’t even reach to find the racism issue... not sure where that came from.

There was some think piece about how it was a metaphor for white people being blind to racism. People of all races united to make fun of how stupid of a reach that was.

I thought the movie was enjoyable and worth a watch. Sandra Bullock is so great.

There was some think piece about how it was a metaphor for white people being blind to racism. People of all races united to make fun of how stupid of a reach that was.

I thought the movie was enjoyable and worth a watch. Sandra Bullock is so great.
I’ve had an unusual hated for Sandra Bullock forever, not sure why... I just hate her. Until now.... this movie actually made me kind of like her and it only took 31 years and a dash of John Malchovich.

Reactions: Lelo1 and Gen
I keep seeing things pop up about ppl relating it to racism and stuff but when I’ve talked to those that have actually watched it they say it’s a more end of the world type thriller. I guess you can take from it what you want lol. I’ve been more surprised at the fact that people are learning who Sandra Bullock is after watching the movie bc to be honest she is the reason I want to watch it to start with.

I haven't watched it/probably won't watch it, but I can say with a considerable amount of certainty that the hype was a kind of anomaly: there's an article out there somewhere that analyzed the meme-culture of Bird Box and how it came to fruition.

Basically, this movie generated a social media response on a fluke and that response has cascaded - the more people see the memes, the more people watch the movie because they want to know what the hell the memes are all about. It just escalated from there.

Probably helped that some major celebrities posted about it on Twitter. It's weird how social media is an integral aspect of marketing now (e.g. if you are publishing a novel, publishing houses now consider your social media presence as much as they do the integrity and quality of your writing!)

Reactions: Gen and AmberCutie
@TexMuscleJock If the movie wasn't good, I really don't think the meme would have caught on.

It's a return to what made scary movies scary. I don't even like scary movies, and it was great.
That’s actually a really good point, haha

I used to avoid anything popular, but I’ve hit a growth spurt (mentally) where I’m realizing I’ve been doing it (mostly) wrong this whole time. Now acceptance hahaha

And damn, it’s THAT good and that scary :O Ooooh, I am gonna have to check it out, just not when I’m alone Gonna have to schedule a binge screening party with my best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.