AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is cam modelling ever going to dye out?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2021
I started cam modelling a month ago as lost my job. I had already been doing only fans since November. Also done modelling in the past. I'm really enjoying cam modelling so far although this week so far I'm really not doing as well as I was. I keep getting worried that cam modelling could dye out at some point and I won't earn any money so been panicking. What's everyone else's thoughts on this?
I need to make 30k a year to cover what I was which is also a worry. This month I have made what I needed to be on the right track for that. But I guess it's always a worry as its not regular money.

I started cam modelling a month ago as lost my job. I had already been doing only fans since November. Also done modelling in the past. I'm really enjoying cam modelling so far although this week so far I'm really not doing as well as I was. I keep getting worried that cam modelling could dye out at some point and I won't earn any money so been panicking. What's everyone else's thoughts on this?
I need to make 30k a year to cover what I was which is also a worry. This month I have made what I needed to be on the right track for that. But I guess it's always a worry as its not regular money.
I don't think it is ever going to die out. Just like cam models don't age out, despite what some people think. Although I think all of us go through periods of burnout at times, which are just learning experiences on how not to over-extend ourselves in the future. There are quiet spells, there are busy spells, that's how it goes on all of the sites.

I do think that some people are not suited to the business at all, although I'm not saying that is what is going on with you. I'm just talking in general.

Different numbers have been quoted but a lot of cam models drop off in their first year. I don't know enough to quote an exact percentage, but someone here likely will, who has more first-hand knowledge of that.
I am not 100% sure what factors make a new model drop off vs have enough success to be motivated to persevere. I just have wild guesses and opinions on that, based on reading what other models have to say on forums for years. But it's still kind of a mystery to me. A lot of people here say that luck is a factor, which I tend to agree with. I don't think it's 100% luck, but I think that that is one element mixed in with many others.

It takes some models a year or even two or more to make the kind of money they want. So I would imagine patience and faith have something to do with it all too.

But no I don't think the online (or offline for that matter) sex industry will ever die out. I think online sex work will continue to grow, and become bigger and more popular. I've seen more widespread mainstream acceptance over the last few years. If the question were whether every single person (or even most people) who decide (s) to become a cam model (s) will reach their personal financial goals and stay cam modeling long term, then no, I do not think that that will happen. How to tell who will and who won't is a mystery to me, and probably has a lot to do with the way that individual thinks and learns maybe?

I don't think it is ever going to die out. Just like cam models don't age out, despite what some people think. Although I think all of us go through periods of burnout at times, which are just learning experiences on how not to over-extend ourselves in the future. There are quiet spells, there are busy spells, that's how it goes on all of the sites.

I do think that some people are not suited to the business at all, although I'm not saying that is what is going on with you. I'm just talking in general.

Different numbers have been quoted but a lot of cam models drop off in their first year. I don't know enough to quote an exact percentage, but someone here likely will, who has more first-hand knowledge of that.
I am not 100% sure what factors make a new model drop off vs have enough success to be motivated to persevere. I just have wild guesses and opinions on that, based on reading what other models have to say on forums for years. But it's still kind of a mystery to me. A lot of people here say that luck is a factor, which I tend to agree with. I don't think it's 100% luck, but I think that that is one element mixed in with many others.

It takes some models a year or even two or more to make the kind of money they want. So I would imagine patience and faith have something to do with it all too.

But no I don't think the online (or offline for that matter) sex industry will ever die out. I think online sex work will continue to grow, and become bigger and more popular. I've seen more widespread mainstream acceptance over the last few years. If the question were whether every single person (or even most people) who decide (s) to become a cam model (s) will reach their personal financial goals and stay cam modeling long term, then no, I do not think that that will happen. How to tell who will and who won't is a mystery to me, and probably has a lot to do with the way that individual thinks and learns maybe?

Thanks for replying. That's made me feel less anxious. I think it was just a few people I spoke to scaring me saying that cam work wouldn't make me as much as it had for girls previously. But there will always be negative and positive comments. I think if I work hard at it then that's all I can do. But it's just a relief knowing that it's always gonna be around. I just get panicked 🤣

Thanks for replying. That's made me feel less anxious. I think it was just a few people I spoke to scaring me saying that cam work wouldn't make me as much as it had for girls previously. But there will always be negative and positive comments. I think if I work hard at it then that's all I can do. But it's just a relief knowing that it's always gonna be around. I just get panicked 🤣
Oh yes, don't listen to people or let them get to you.

I'm really a firm believer that life and everything in it is what you make of it. If you want it to work for you, and you stay interested in camming, then I believe that you can make it work for yourself. 30K is a modest amount, and if you're happy camming I don't see why you wouldn't sail past that, and easily make more. Different girls will do better on different sites, but I believe that anyone who is truly having fun, and wants to make it work, can do it. People are always saying the industry is dying, this site and that site are about to close down. But it doesn't. Some sites die, but the majority that people have said are going down, have actually gotten bigger. People and their rumors.

People are also always saying that models can't be popular and make good money as they age, however, I see direct proof against that also. Same with people who say that unless a model looks like society's prescribed standards of beauty, they won't make good money either. It's all hogwash, and hobbledy hook. Don't listen to or believe any of it 💜

I am sure it's just anxiety like you said. Everything will be fine :)

Oh yes, don't listen to people or let them get to you.

I'm really a firm believer that life and everything in it is what you make of it. If you want it to work for you, and you stay interested in camming, then I believe that you can make it work for yourself. 30K is a modest amount, and if you're happy camming I don't see why you wouldn't sail past that, and easily make more. Different girls will do better on different sites, but I believe that anyone who is truly having fun, and wants to make it work, can do it. People are always saying the industry is dying, this site and that site are about to close down. But it doesn't. Some sites die, but the majority that people have said are going down, have actually gotten bigger. People and their rumors.

People are also always saying that models can't be popular and make good money as they age, however, I see direct proof against that also. Same with people who say that unless a model looks like society's prescribed standards of beauty, they won't make good money either. It's all hogwash, and hobbledy hook. Don't listen to or believe any of it 💜

I am sure it's just anxiety like you said. Everything will be fine :)
Thank you huni. I'm gonna stop being negative and just looking forward to going on cam today. Hope you have a great day thanks for your advice x

Is it harder to become a TIPPY TOP top performer now because the industry is more saturated with performers? Yes.

Is it still very achievable to earn a livable income in the industry? Absolutely.

And unless something majorly bonkers happens to change the legality of the industry as a whole, that's not going to change. There's no way the cam viewer audience will dry up overnight. Even if the legal aspects change, there will be those who are able to adapt and persevere. This is never going away. Yes, the industry may seem saturated with performers, but I am willing to bet that overall viewership is near an all-time high right now as well. If we can remain persistent, flexible, and innovative, then we can probably make good money.

Every year you see several chicken littles claiming the industry is dying. Ignore them.

It's growing not dying. It is harder starting out now with so many models trying it in similar situations. I started camming with Mr Dani and we did it part time while I worked a vanilla job. We switched to just me and haven't looked back. I quit my job and now I make triple what I did at my vanilla job that I needed a bachelor's degree for. And that's working a few hours a day.

Did it happen overnight? Absolutely not. I got knocked down several times. Got trolled. Had models try to start shit with me and badmouthing me in their rooms when I didn't even know who they were. It's a vicious industry requiring a ridiculously thick skin and ability to adapt. Also helps finding you niche. Make content to sell on your profile! Try new sites for the new model boost especially if you have the set up ready. Add all your content to the clip sites. Advertise. Get proper lighting and equipment. $30k is definitely possible your first year. I'd advise making your goal higher than $30k- break it down into daily/weekly/monthly targets. Have a stretch goal. And save your butt off when you go over goal so you don't have anxiety when the droughts come. They def will until you have a firm fanbase established.

Luck definitely plays a part but that's really only in the beginning. I think if you enjoy this, you should succeed. I've heard various percentages for newbies quitting anywhere from 60-80% in the first 6 months. Majority of baby cam models quit in their first 3 months due to a variety of reasons. Mostly it's either they simply don't have the personality for it (which is totally fine- not everyone is cut out for it) or they don't have the tenacity. I freaking love my job. Sure there's completely shitty days but it's not often anymore now that I'm more established.

I've said before on other threads to think if it as fishing. Even the best fishermen have days they catch nothing. Doesn't mean they lost their skill or edge, it's just a day when nothing bites. Figure out your bait and keep casting.

Don't worry, camming is always up and down, there are good and bad days. anyway if you are really into it you will achieve what you wish to.

Reactions: LenaSexton
I don’t think the industry is saturated, because we have no substantial proof it is so. We don’t know what’s the size of the market that’s active, nor the growth potential. That’s because camsites don’t share info like other e-commerce platforms do. The only market that’s always proven saturated is of the people who tell you to give up:)

My opinion is that it will never die out, but we need patience. Especially if you are new as a model. Of course, making plans and having goals is the best motivator but you need to be conscious of the fact that there will be days when things will be great and days when things will go slower. You just have to hang in there!

I don't think any sex work will EVER die. It'll just evolve.

Imagine if people DIDN'T have that escape?!?! The entire world would implode IMO. lol.

Even if you're not doing full hardcore shit on cam, people still will always want that escape into fantasy land with a gorgeous woman.

The only slightly realistic scenario in which cam modelling might die out.

Chaturbate take over every cam modelling platform in the world.

They then proceed to ban permanently all existing models and refuse verification for any prospective models.

😟
This is how all other businesses grow - they buy out the competitors. I sure hope not happen as we need competition.

I don't think camming is going to fade out soon. It pretty much represents a solid branch of the adult industry and shaped adult entertainment as a whole. There are always going to be men and women who are looking for companions, charismatic people to talk, etc. Plus, this industry boomed during lockdowns. There are models who make 50k/a month still - I guess that says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.