AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is camming not for me?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_spaceboy_

Cam Model
May 16, 2020
Brazil
Chaturbate Username
yourlostboy
Hello everyone!

So, I started camming in february on C4, in april I discovered Chaturbate and since then I'm focused on that site. Everything was going minimally well until the beginning of june, since then I have had very few viewers and tips. I used to stay between 6 and 8 hours online and in the last few weeks I am staying less time online because I get visibly uncomfortable and downcast with the number of viewers. Today I spent two hours online and at peak flow I had 6 viewers, 0 tokens.

I think the quality of my stream is minimally decent, I don't think that's the problem.

In the last few weeks I signed up for Stripchat and Streamate but I hardly received any visits on these sites either.

Is the problem in me or is there something I can do to have more viewers and tippers?

Hello everyone!

So, I started camming in february on C4, in april I discovered Chaturbate and since then I'm focused on that site. Everything was going minimally well until the beginning of june, since then I have had very few viewers and tips. I used to stay between 6 and 8 hours online and in the last few weeks I am staying less time online because I get visibly uncomfortable and downcast with the number of viewers. Today I spent two hours online and at peak flow I had 6 viewers, 0 tokens.

I think the quality of my stream is minimally decent, I don't think that's the problem.

In the last few weeks I signed up for Stripchat and Streamate but I hardly received any visits on these sites either.

Is the problem in me or is there something I can do to have more viewers and tippers?
From what I have learned chatting w people, it's a lot harder to be a male cam model, as far as traffic etc. It might not be you, it might be more that it is a lot harder to make money as a male cam model. There is a thread on here for guys, I will link, it also might have helpful info. One sec :)

ETA; https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/the-public-cam-guy-thread-male-model-stuff.19855/

I have a friend, who I chat w regularly, who is a male model. Pretty much all of the advice, and experiences I have, never seem to apply to him. I have come to learn, through those conversations, w/ him, that being a male model is a whole different kettle of fish. I hope this helps somewhat.

It's really hard to say. It's definitely harder to cam for guys, and unfortunately your location does have a big effect on camming. I think in order to be successful you have to look at ways in which you can stand out from the rest. Also if things aren't working out feel free to try out new things till you find something that works. For me trying something simple like standing while camming instead of sitting in a chair made a big difference in traffic. You never really know what will work.

It's really hard to say. It's definitely harder to cam for guys, and unfortunately your location does have a big effect on camming. I think in order to be successful you have to look at ways in which you can stand out from the rest. Also if things aren't working out feel free to try out new things till you find something that works. For me trying something simple like standing while camming instead of sitting in a chair made a big difference in traffic. You never really know what will work.
What do you mean location sorry?

What do you mean location sorry?
By that I mean country. Generally NA models and some EU models will pull I'm the most traffic
Do you know what Eu countries are better?I know NA are doing better and thank you for reply

I saw a lot models on twitter talking about how June is usually slow so it's probably not you, just the time of year.

I saw a lot models on twitter talking about how June is usually slow so it's probably not you, just the time of year.

Ive heard this from some of the models I’ve known for a while as well.

As to the general topic, not everyone is capable of doing a specific job for various reasons. This isn’t meant to be discouraging, rather an honest comment. If someone isn’t doing well in a field, after trying different methods to improve, it is time to evaluate if it’s worth continuing to struggle or find something that is enjoyable and they can make money doing. Many people change lines of work over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.