AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it lame to ask for support/others to come to your first show?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2018
lol nice try
Chaturbate Username
malaguenia
Maybe 'lame' is the wrong word to use, but I'm feeling so jittery about being on camera online for the first time (see my past post in this section asking about non-nude camming), and I feel like asking for some good old fashioned support :'^) I have one friend I trust enough to talk about these things with, and by default, I would ask them to be "there" with me in the chat, to at least mod comments and provide? I don't know, entertainment while I wait and feel out the crowd?

I feel like such a lil weenie, lmao, but the community feels so...good and loving, you know? Had to ask.

• Hugs
Reactions: EmptyKins
If you are close and comfortable with them, I don't see the problem asking them to support you by hanging out with you online and helping you get over those precamming jitters. Its always great to have support from a friend.

Just make sure you go over any boundaries you may have. Also a friendly reminder not to unintentionally dox you. They must always call you by your camname.

Good luck. :)

I've absolutely had friends (real life & ones I've made through the online community) come and hang out in my chat room for moral support and so it just isn't dead silent. It's a+ and I definitely suggest it if you're feeling nervy.

Reactions: malena
Support doesn't always mean understanding and often this shows as toxic side comments that drive off paying members. I've seen model's 'support' friends complete taint the wells, 'these guys have no lives' or 'ew get a real girl' comments for members asking pretty normal member requests or questions.

Understand you're inviting them to your place of business they shouldn't interfere or come before a paying customer while you're at work.

If you are close and comfortable with them, I don't see the problem asking them to support you by hanging out with you online and helping you get over those precamming jitters. Its always great to have support from a friend.

Just make sure you go over any boundaries you may have. Also a friendly reminder not to unintentionally dox you. They must always call you by your camname.

Good luck. :)
Ahhh, good point on the camname/pseudonym! Should probably prep them beforehand!

I've absolutely had friends (real life & ones I've made through the online community) come and hang out in my chat room for moral support and so it just isn't dead silent. It's a+ and I definitely suggest it if you're feeling nervy.
Ahhh, I'm glad I'm not alone in my thinking!! I thought maybe my line of thinking was just a really #noob move.

If it's tonight I'm not doing anything and I could help :)

Also I agree with audri, make sure it's a trusted friend!
That's so sweet, omg aw! Sadly, it was not, I am still practicing and prepping myself for my first show! But the sentiment is appreciated!!

Support doesn't always mean understanding and often this shows as toxic side comments that drive off paying members. I've seen model's 'support' friends complete taint the wells, 'these guys have no lives' or 'ew get a real girl' comments for members asking pretty normal member requests or questions.

Understand you're inviting them to your place of business they shouldn't interfere or come before a paying customer while you're at work.
This is a super good point, and I really appreciate you bringing it up!! It's why I've been so selective with who I tell about my new job prospect; I think a good amount of friends in my social circle are a little overprotective of me. Thanks again!!!

Reactions: AudriTwo
Yes it's great to have a supporting friend but really think out your boundaries with this person. If you're in real life good friends don't get carried away talking about personal life stuff where everyone can see it. It's easy to get carried away when talking to a long time friend so let them know you are your cam personal while online and not in real life you. If you feel like you'll get self conscious in front of your friend though you might want to have an understanding that they need to head out once you're comfy and the room picks up. Just keep in mind personal safety and boundaries all around for paying members and your friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.