AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it possible to put giftcards on Amazon Wishlist?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2013
Is there a good way to put a giftcard on an amazon wishlist?

I advised my friend not to use a amazon wishlist unless she has an alternative shipment address because the recipient address will get leaked eventually.

So she decided to link people to the "buy a giftcard" page. The requires people know her email address.
That should be safe (if she created a throwaway address for this purpose rather than using her existing email). But its a little inconvenient. People have to ask for the email address.

When I've tried to add a giftcard to a wishlist, for whatever reason I can only add a $50 card. I cant specify different values.

Is there a way to create a wishlist of giftcards, so the buyer can specify the amount and will work without exposing recipient physical or email addresses?

thanks

Um. She just needs a cam email address which she should be using for everything anyways.

Then people can send whatever email address gift cards. o_O i don't see why this is a problem

This. Just have her put "Want to buy me a present? Send a gift card to (cam email) blah blah whatever else she wants to say" on her profile, social media, etc.

Um. She just needs a cam email address which she should be using for everything anyways.

Then people can send whatever email address gift cards. o_O i don't see why this is a problem

Because then she either has to put the email address on the profile, and open herself to harassment or she has to give out the email address to each individual who asks. I dont think either of those are great solutions

If anyone has a 'how-to' do what I'm asking, or knowledge that it cant be done, that would actually be helpful.

If she can't handle a couple of douchey emails she can just delete she probs shouldn't be a camgirl tbh. It's pretty easy to sort through the mail. Delete anything that isn't from a company that issues gifts. Delete the rest without reading lol. You maay want to suggest that to her?

It's part of the job if you want to accept giftcards tbh.

I have been internet sexing for a long time. It seems like if anyone even made a service like this it would become obsolete really quick.

She can be harassed in any number of ways outside of standard email. What you're asking is way too complicated just to protect her with one less outlet for harassment. Besides, email services allow blocking recipients or filter out unwanted emails with key words.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I have never once been harassed through my work email. Trolls don't bother with email. It's slow and unlikely they'll get a rise out of you.

Without wishing to sound harsh, is this not the sort of thing a model could and should be researching themselves before deciding (for themselves) whether it's something they want to do? I know these threads are always well-intentioned, but whenever a member starts researching basic stuff like this on the model's behalf, it always paints a picture of that model that's not particularly flattering. At the very least, can she not start her own account here and ask the questions herself? Plus, she'll have access to the models only bit, where I'm guessing there's even more info on gift cards and Amazon floating around.

Okay, this is for anyone who clicks on this thread looking for a way to put a gift card on their wishlist. I went step by step for the computer (I don't think the mobile would be much different? But I don't use mobile).

Step 1: Go to Amazon.com and in the search bar type in "Amazon gift card." Then hit enter or that yellow icon with the magnifying glass.
Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 5.59.30 AM.png

Step 2: You'll see a page like this! Now there are going to be some physical cards available like the black one in the top middle, just ignore those. There are so many options! You can even add gift cards for restaurants and shops and hotels... but let's stick with a simple email gift card. These are labeled as "eGift."
Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 6.00.16 AM.png

Step 3: I chose the flag because MURICA! Here we see the option to add different amounts, ignore these options because the purchaser will be able to add the amounts in later. All you need to do on this screen is click the grey "Add to Wish List" button over to the right.
Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 6.00.42 AM.png

Step 4: You'll see a screen like this! Success! It's on your main wish list!
Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 6.01.04 AM.png

Step 5: It should be at the top of your main wish list. If you wish to move it to another wish list just click on the "Move" button to the right of the gift card.
Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 6.01.45 AM.png

May the gift cards flow!

Very helpful @Magnolia thank you for taking the time!

On a separate note, I would suggest if a model doesn't want to utilize a wishlist for it, making an email account SOLELY for the purpose of receiving gift cards would likely be pretty harmless and easy. I believe a lot of girls do this and advertise it right on their profile/social media as a means of accepting GCs. It would not be an email address used for interactions, no messages need to be read if they do not include a gift card, etc.

Anywho,
Without wishing to sound harsh, is this not the sort of thing a model could and should be researching themselves before deciding (for themselves) whether it's something they want to do? I know these threads are always well-intentioned, but whenever a member starts researching basic stuff like this on the model's behalf, it always paints a picture of that model that's not particularly flattering. At the very least, can she not start her own account here and ask the questions herself? Plus, she'll have access to the models only bit, where I'm guessing there's even more info on gift cards and Amazon floating around.
Some cam girls barely have a grasp on how to navigate the interface of the cam site they work on, so them coming to a forum and learning how to interact properly may be too overwhelming, as would be creating a new email address to accept gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.