AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it rude to chat without tokens?

• Thread starter Deleted member 57737
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 57737

Hi,

Sometimes I have tokens, sometimes not. When I have I do like to spend them while chatting around. I love rooms where there is not much activity from other viewers. There are so many beautiful girls who don't get as much attention as they deserve.

Some models PM me when I come to their room, I guess its because I'm purple on CB. In cases where I don't have tokens I ask myself if its ok to answer them. I love a good talk anytime. But I know that they are in their room to make money, so until now I either didn't respond or I tried to let them know as fast as possible that they can't make any money with me today. In some cases they didn't care so we had a nice chat giving me a lot of fun and they seemed to enjoy it too. But knowing that this is all an act I find myself wondering if in fact they are disappointed or even feel I would take advantage of them.

So the question is:
- Should I just shut up when I have no tokens?

I know that every model is different. And you can't give me an universally valid answer. But I would be most thankful If you could tell me how you feel about that.
My goal is to be as supportive as I can, because many models have given me such a great time. I would hate it if my actions would hurt them in any way. Judging from some comments in some chats there are so many a-holes, so I often feel the need to say something nice or funny.

well that's that, great forum by the way, thanks in advance.

I wouldnt say it's rude. The model can decide wether the allow it or not. Depends on a lot of things.

I used to allow it to get the chat going, but i've gradually once i grew and shows blew up stopped allowing it.

My stance is: If you're not blocked from free chatting without tips, go ahead but keep it clean (not dirty talk). If you're ignored, deal with it like a champ. This means the model, rightfully so, doesnt feel like it's worth his/her time. DO NOT ACT ENTITLED. Him or her not responding to you or everything you said doesnt mean she or he is rude. Chatting AND giving a show even minimal takes more time and effort than you'd think. You're not the only one, the broadcaster might even have to take care if PM and what not

Even small amounts of tokens are helpful and show appreciation. So it's a nice gesture to even tip 1 token and add a tipnote. If you genuinely think the model deserves attention. Even train tipping 1tkns is a nice gesture.

Depends on the model, spend a few minutes figuring out what her room is like. I run one of the most open rooms and I love chatty greys as long as they keep it clean, have common sense and a fun personality. A few don'ts: don't overwhelm the chat. Don't be an attention whore. Don't bring up difficult topics of conversation (politics, religion, etc). Don't apologize for not tipping. Don't flatter the model. Don't direct the show. Talk to the entire room, not just the model, help her build her community up. Be uplifting and a fun presence in the room and the models who are chatty will appreciate you.

I work primarily on Streamate (private show based site) and MFC (token based). I personally don't mind when members come into my room and they don't have any gold/tokens or they haven't spent anything yet. BUT I set strict rules for my non-paying members: Don't be a troll, don't demand anything from me for free, don't attention whore me, and be respectful! Just vibe, chill, and chat with me is what I ask! I like when members keep me company and converse with me, whether they are paying or not.

I have found that some of my non-paying members eventually convert over to paying members for me when they can afford it. When they do spend, I get extremely excited that they choose to spend on me!

It really irks me when people don't tip, have no intention of tipping/getting a show and tell me how much they're ahem 'enjoying' themselves over me. Totally appreciate that might be what you're doing but it's not exactly the compliment you think it might be. Although it sounds like you're pretty conscientious and polite so can't imagine you'd be one of those.

But polite, chatty and fun people that follow the mood of the room are always welcome. I'd rather be having a nice chat with someone as it keeps me in a good mood, plus reminds me there's loads of nice people on there too.

In my room, I love it when guest gets involve and chats. I'm a non nude so all the interaction with my guests are welcome as long as they follow my room rules. the color you wear doesn't really matter to me, I have greys who loves to be in my room and I enjoy their company because some do make my room enjoyable.

"Some models PM me when I come to their room, I guess its because I'm purple on CB."
--honestly you being purple coming into a room isnt a big deal to models who have been around, just becaues we know purple doesn't normaly mean you will tip "me" it just ment you had tipped others . Now if you are a regular and you turn grey to blue for me or joing my affiliate and my fan club! then you have gain more of my attention. if you are a grey and ave a great attitude in my room, you will always be welcomed.

I'm only gonna speak for myself here. But no. I don't find it rude to chat without tokens, unless you're asking me a bunch of sex-related questions to get yourself off for free. I encourage people to chat in my CHAT room., and I love it when they do. I'm actually shocked when a member actually does say hi back to me, since so many of them refuse to talk. I hate long, awkward silences, and long periods of people just staring at me jammin' to music. If you don't have tokens to tip, that's fine. But you can still chat...even if you just say "Hi" once.

Guys talk about how they want models to be paying attention to the room and not messin' around on her phone. Okay, well I'm talking to y'all, so talk to ME. Lol. Just because you walked in on me shaking my ass to a Justin Timberlake song doesn't mean I'm gonna be doing all that shit for you the entire time you're watching me.

People say "Well maybe they're shy." Okay, this ain't a Tinder date. Just say hi. Btw, their screen name is 'FuckYourHoles' and they're shy? Haha. Alrighty then.....A shy guy could just log out of his premium account (where I can clearly see his screen name/who he is) to watch in guest mode. Guests are muted anyway. If you're not planning on talking to me in my "chat" room (and not going to tip), it just makes sense to watch in guest mode.

"Maybe their hands are busy." Yup. Still ain't gonna kill them to say hi once. :)

I find it especially tacky if you have 900 tokens showing (because you didn't hide your token amount) and I see your token count going down while you're in my room (which means you're tipping another model while camped out in my room, NOT interacting with me in any way). You like my room enough to be lurking for several minutes, but can't toss 10 tokens or so my way? Ouch.....

But a lot of people couldn't care less about any of this stuff or chatroom etiquette. Just came to see a little something and then leave.

So this is my long-winded way of telling you NO, I don't think it's rude to chat without tokens. :)

So you enter a room while tokenless, and a performer reaches out to you, and you are up-front about not being able to spend. I see nothing wrong with that. I think it becomes an irritation when you are the one reaching out and initiating PM contact taking up their time/attention while tokenless. Sounds like you are doing exactly what you should in letting them know. If they decide that they want to carry on with the convo knowing that information, why not?

I think there are plenty of performers, especially in lower traffic rooms, who are happy to have someone to talk to while passing the time until a spender does come through. And on more social sites, which tend to be the token sites, an active room is more likely to keep members who are browsing around longer than a room where the performer is just sitting in silence staring at the screen looking bored. It can help entice those other viewers to join the convo and ideally start tipping, so you could be helping the room vibe even if you aren't spending that day.

But that doesn't work so well when they are PMing instead of verbally responding to messages in the chat, at least, that was my experience on token sites. I preferred messages in the chat so that I could keep my attention on the room in its entirety. Good conversation that isn't overly explicit or exclusionary and doesn't alienate other viewers is a positive in that setting. Everyone will have a different hustle, to each their own.

But yeah, you aren't doing anything wrong in replying to those who reach out to you so long as you are honest and not trying to get freebies, and it sounds like you are being cool about it.

If they aren't being overly complimentary or asking/demanding to see things or overall talking dirty, then I'm fine with members who don't have the funds to tip.

Oh and when they thank other people for tipping or beg for someone to tip me. Fuck that. I hate when members try to ride on the coat tails of others, and will chew them out everytime for doing that.

My room always has a low user count, usually a dozen models and a few greys/colored users. That means I often have a quiet room. I start at 11pm so chat helps keep me awake. When it starts to shift from small talk to dirty talk, sounding me out for meet-ups, begging for free PMs or models promoting themselves then I start to get annoyed. I'm pretty relaxed and tolerant but I'll silence anyone who crosses the line and won't take a hint.

Well depend on . For example if someone normally tip in my room , and then some days would not tip me , i would not consider it rude. What i would consider rude if the member would try to keep me busy to not take care of my room to make money , but answer him and changing a few cordial words would not bother me .

wow thanks, didn't expect to get so much help, so fast :)

I guess the point is to find out how the situation is. Maybe its partially comparable to the situation of a barkeeper in a hotel lobby. When there is nothing to do it can be nice to talk to her. But you really have to let her do the job. Sometimes there are a lot of interesting guests who order complicated cocktails. Sometimes its super-boring and she might be happy to have a talk.

Maybe I'm overthinking this a bit, wouldn't be the first time. :)

thanks again, you are awesome! This Camming world is sometimes overloading my emotional capacity, so its good to have some reality through this forum.

wow thanks, didn't expect to get so much help, so fast :)

I guess the point is to find out how the situation is. Maybe its partially comparable to the situation of a barkeeper in a hotel lobby. When there is nothing to do it can be nice to talk to her. But you really have to let her do the job. Sometimes there are a lot of interesting guests who order complicated cocktails. Sometimes its super-boring and she might be happy to have a talk.

Maybe I'm overthinking this a bit, wouldn't be the first time. :)

thanks again, you are awesome! This Camming world is sometimes overloading my emotional capacity, so its good to have some reality through this forum.
Exatelly , from my point of view you understood it just right .

Status
Not open for further replies.