AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it worth it to make a new acct to improve my username? I don't want to lose my followers...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilypod

Cam Model
Sep 18, 2017
Canada
lilypod.carrd.co
Twitter Username
@lilypodx
MFC Username
Flowerbat
Streamate Username
Lilypod
Chaturbate Username
Lilypod_xx
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1003252459/Lilypod/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/150809/lilypod---bg-foot-fetish-fun
So, I have 660 followers on CB. I wouldn't say I have any regulars yet as I was just camming very casually before and am now getting more serious about it.

Because I was just ~trying it out for fun~ at first, I probably didn't put as much thought into my username as I should have. My CB username is tusqueducactui (same as on here) which I realize isn't very memorable.

So basically I just am looking for some opinions on whether it would be worth it to make a new CB account and pick a better username? I realize 660 isn't a ton of followers in the grand scheme of things (although on a personal level I'm really proud of that number), so maybe it would be better to do it now before I do actually develop regulars? Or would it be easier to get people to switch over to a new account AFTER I've established regulars?

I appreciate any advice! :)

Oof, yeah I do agree you would be better off with a username that people can at least pronounce. It's hard to remember or connect to a name this difficult, in my opinion.

How come CB doesn't have an option to update your name? It should not require a new account... CB does things really stupidly.

What I would probably do is spend a week or two contacting current followers/tippers and point them to your Twitter/other social media that you'll be using when you make your new name (I see you have a Twitter username that's the same, I'd update that NOW), and warn them that you'll be known as "whatever your name will be" soon so make sure to follow you then.

Oof, yeah I do agree you would be better off with a username that people can at least pronounce. It's hard to remember or connect to a name this difficult, in my opinion.

How come CB doesn't have an option to update your name? It should not require a new account... CB does things really stupidly.

What I would probably do is spend a week or two contacting current followers/tippers and point them to your Twitter/other social media that you'll be using when you make your new name (I see you have a Twitter username that's the same, I'd update that NOW), and warn them that you'll be known as "whatever your name will be" soon so make sure to follow you then.

It IS stupid, I agree!

That's a good idea, I guess I'll keep broadcasting on my old account for a week or two while I let everyone know about my new account, then I'll make the switch. Im going to try to figure out a way to have the words "new account: ____" on the bottom of my cam screen before I switch to the new account, that way it'll be easily noticeable.

Thanks again! :)

Reactions: AmberCutie
So, I have 660 followers on CB. I wouldn't say I have any regulars yet as I was just camming very casually before and am now getting more serious about it.

Because I was just ~trying it out for fun~ at first, I probably didn't put as much thought into my username as I should have. My CB username is tusqueducactui (same as on here) which I realize isn't very memorable.

So basically I just am looking for some opinions on whether it would be worth it to make a new CB account and pick a better username? I realize 660 isn't a ton of followers in the grand scheme of things (although on a personal level I'm really proud of that number), so maybe it would be better to do it now before I do actually develop regulars? Or would it be easier to get people to switch over to a new account AFTER I've established regulars?

You can message support and have them change your name

they will not change your username , you need a new account and after that message support to transfer your followers

I've seen people say in the past year that they are doing name changes now, but for all we know there's some unwritten rule about requirements.

I've seen people say in the past year that they are doing name changes now, but for all we know there's some unwritten rule about requirements.

well i changed my name a few times in the last 2 years and they always said i need to open a new account and then they transfered my followers to the new account. Maybe there are exception but for me thats how worked

Reactions: Lilypod
well i changed my name a few times in the last 2 years and they always said i need to open a new account and then they transfered my followers to the new account. Maybe there are exception but for me thats how worked
You just make a new account and all your followers are transferred to the new one. Make it and then email them. Easy peasy

Thank you so much! I'm definitely going to give this a shot. I can't explain how much I appreciate the help!

I would say I'm having the same issue except with MFC ... not sure if starting a new account where I can hit the ground running is advisable/possible or if I should just tell my doubt to stuff it and soldier on (potentially off a cliff)?

:angelic: My reply was to this ... and my username is LilCucci. Which I thought was super legible (is that the right word???) but ppl seem confused.

You can just change your name on MFC and all old links will still work, you stay in members' bookmarks and friend lists, just with the new name.

Status
Not open for further replies.