AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is SM ever gonna go back to letting models use direct download links for customs?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2017
Seriously, I loved the ability to just tip a model and have her send me an awesome video with mediafire. Now with their new video manager thing, it's a very convoluted process and the old models I used to enjoy buying from can't use the old direct download link system because they're not allowed to. Honestly I don't even buy customs anymore because of this. Seriously bummed out -_- And the ones you do buy using this new system, customers can't even download em apparently....

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Gen and AudriTwo
Seriously, I loved the ability to just tip a model and have her send me an awesome video with mediafire. Now with their new video manager thing, it's a very convoluted process and the old models I used to enjoy buying from can't use the old direct download link system because they're not allowed to. Honestly I don't even buy customs anymore because of this. Seriously bummed out -_- And the ones you do buy using this new system, customers can't even download em apparently....

I understand the frustration. Have you sent Streamate this feedback? They are currently going through beta and are asking for customer feedback.

I have a suggestion. Look for your favorite models on Twitter (don't ask them for their twitter on SM, we can get in trouble) and DM or @ them to find out what methods of payment they accept for custom videos. I would NEVER even before this do a custom on SM because a payout of 35 percent means I would have to charge double what I would charge elsewhere. I know some models keep the same rates on all sites but I adjust mine based on the sites cut. A 200 dollar custom elsewhere would be 400+ on SM.

I understand the frustration. Have you sent Streamate this feedback? They are currently going through beta and are asking for customer feedback.

Ditto this! Please send a feedback email to Streamate. And as Ember has stated, give your favorite models a quick Twitter search-just don't discuss any Twitter business in their rooms :)

Reactions: Gen
You wanna all just joint email em? Lmao they might hear us. I know a lot ofmodels are bummed out over this too. They hate the new system for buying customs.

You wanna all just joint email em? Lmao they might hear us. I know a lot ofmodels are bummed out over this too. They hate the new system for buying customs.

I've definitely submitted my thoughts to them. Maybe they'll take member comments more seriously. I always encourage members to complain to someone who isn't me, and hopefully someone is listening.

Either way, I agree with everyone above. The few videos I have on my profile act more as an advertisement ("one of these days I'll get the rest of my videos uploaded here" "I can't upload my b/g videos here" for people who can take a hint). Those of us who offer customs/clips/Skype/whatever the heck else go out of our way to make ourselves easy to find on Twitter and other sites.

I have a suggestion. Look for your favorite models on Twitter (don't ask them for their twitter on SM, we can get in trouble) and DM or @ them to find out what methods of payment they accept for custom videos. I would NEVER even before this do a custom on SM because a payout of 35 percent means I would have to charge double what I would charge elsewhere. I know some models keep the same rates on all sites but I adjust mine based on the sites cut. A 200 dollar custom elsewhere would be 400+ on SM.

I don't usually adjust my custom rates by site, but there's no way in hell I would charge my usual rate on Streamate with their cut. When people ask me, I just say "I don't sell customs HERE" and if they're smart enough they look me up on Twitter, fine my email, and contact me that way.

Are you saying you WERE buying customs through SM before now? There was only a small window of a few months between the creation of GOLD and when they re-purposed the video preview system to the current one models could upload content to. How were you paying the models before GOLD? I can see hosting videos, but selling customs would involve some method of escrow that SM has no fundamental way to support. Even MFC share doesn't really have a proper system for customs.

Are you saying you WERE buying customs through SM before now? There was only a small window of a few months between the creation of GOLD and when they re-purposed the video preview system to the current one models could upload content to. How were you paying the models before GOLD? I can see hosting videos, but selling customs would involve some method of escrow that SM has no fundamental way to support. Even MFC share doesn't really have a proper system for customs.

Yes, people did buy customs and videos before the system that exists now. With gold. There was no escrow, there was trust. So I'd never sell YOU a video on SM. What is the purpose of your post?

There was no escrow, there was trust.
That's not trust since risk is completely one sided. The member can HOPE they get what they paid for since the model has already been paid they could just send cat videos if they wanted to. Your comment also sounds like you think a model has never intentionally tried to scam a member or acted in bad faith and it's crazy to suggest protections for both sides of the transaction.

I'm happy the OP was lucky enough not to encounter any issues but still doesn't mean he wouldn't benefit with a system with more protections for himself.

That's not trust since risk is completely one sided. The member can HOPE they get what they paid for since the model has already been paid they could just send cat videos if they wanted to. Your comment also sounds like you think a model has never intentionally tried to scam a member or acted in bad faith and it's crazy to suggest protections for both sides of the transaction.

I'm happy the OP was lucky enough not to encounter any issues but still doesn't mean he wouldn't benefit with a system with more protections for himself.

Look--having observed you for years? YOU ARE CHEAP, and as long as you keep that up, you're going to keep whining about the same bullshit.

Look--having observed you for years? YOU ARE CHEAP, and as long as you keep that up, you're going to keep whining about the same bullshit.

I'm sorry, you going to post the receipts you've OBSERVED to prove that or you just making your opinion your facts? I have no understanding how you can be so upset about anyone that regularly pays and supports this industry. There are THOUSANDS are freeloaders and you're upset at ME because of your GUESS how much I spend? You need to find what is building your hate and not project it on me please.

And again why you afraid of a system that mitigates risk for EVERYONE? Safer trade is good for business.

I'm sorry, you going to post the receipts you've OBSERVED to prove that or you just making your opinion your facts? I have no understanding how you can be so upset about anyone that regularly pays and supports this industry. There are THOUSANDS are freeloaders and you're upset at ME because of your GUESS how much I spend? You need to find what is building your hate and not project it on me please.

And again why you afraid of a system that mitigates risk for EVERYONE? Safer trade is good for business.

Taking things a bit personally there, eh. K.

Taking things a bit personally there, eh. K.

What part of this statement wasn't directed AT me?

What part of a discuss of wanting BETTER video transaction system on SM prompted you to attack me? I'm not asking for an apology, just see what you're doing here.

What part of this statement wasn't directed AT me?

What part of a discuss of wanting BETTER video transaction system on SM prompted you to attack me? I'm not asking for an apology, just see what you're doing here.

Which part was the attack. Did I say something that was not accurate?

It wasn’t luck that he got a custom. Majority of custom content creators order customs paying in full from reputable models. About 30% if not more of my income is custom Content. I don’t do customs via SM because of the cut literally would have to charge 3x the amount to justify it. While 2 of my clip sites have escrow options most order directly via me paying in full no issue.

When you go get custom appareal, shoes, artwork, graphic design work including web designing etc. You are 99.9% of the time paying for it up front.

On another note
Furthermore, when it comes to sites / platforms I feel member complaints have more strength.
Not saying that they don’t listen to models.
But members are the ones paying and $$$ talks.

It wasn’t luck that he got a custom. Majority of custom content creators order customs paying in full from reputable models. About 30% if not more of my income is custom Content. I don’t do customs via SM because of the cut literally would have to charge 3x the amount to justify it. While 2 of my clip sites have escrow options most order directly via me paying in full no issue.

When you go get custom appareal, shoes, artwork, graphic design work including web designing etc. You are 99.9% of the time paying for it up front.

On another note
Furthermore, when it comes to sites / platforms I feel member complaints have more strength.
Not saying that they don’t listen to models.
But members are the ones paying and $$$ talks.

We can agree we don't know the statistics on issues with custom content and models reputation can often only be verified through personal transaction with content like this. I know many models I love doing sessions with but so flaky I would just be throwing money away if I counted on them completing custom content for me. My comments where specific to SM's current implementation of their video system and not a broad statement of the custom market in general. I hope we can agree that having the escrow option to use or not use does help those with concerns get over the hump. More business options will always increase business potential.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think comparing other custom work with custom sex work is apple to apples. A web designer doesn't have security needs to hide their identity like a sex worker and because of that allows for options like binding contracts and retainers. I know the phone number and business address of my web designer and have a contract with them if shit goes south. A model can abuse the anonymous nature and block or run and hide when they are being shady so members in most cases can ONLY rely on the sites to protect their transactions.

But yeah, because of the 30% cut it's rare to hear any sort of content of this type being transacted through SM in general so when the OP mentioned he was doing it I was interested in the process. Typically for me, the SM models that do this will often use sites like MV and C4S which both have customer protections for this exact form of transaction.

There was only a small window of a few months between the creation of GOLD and when they re-purposed the video preview system

What on earth is this supposed to mean? Gold has existed for YEARS on Streamate, it's how we've been tipped basically forever outside of shows. People tipped gold to purchase videos for ages before they implemented the video system.

What on earth is this supposed to mean? Gold has existed for YEARS on Streamate, it's how we've been tipped basically forever outside of shows. People tipped gold to purchase videos for ages before they implemented the video system.

Please read my comments again. I said the RE-REPURPOSE to the current video system. The original video system was that thing you could pay a $15-$18(I can't remember the exact price) subscription to and view any random clips models or the site itself would randomly make. A little after gold was made they cancelled the sub system and turned it into the current where you could upload content. I believe that's also the point when the download button disappeared(Even though I had a sub for years I really didn't use the system so can't remember it exactly, none of the rando videos were ever that interesting).

I don't usually adjust my custom rates by site, but there's no way in hell I would charge my usual rate on Streamate with their cut. When people ask me, I just say "I don't sell customs HERE" and if they're smart enough they look me up on Twitter, fine my email, and contact me that way.

This. I'd seen a Streamate model stating that her custom videos are 20 (or was it 30?) Gold. That's only $7 (or $10.50) in her pocket.

Streamate is definitely not a site I'd wanna be selling custom videos on when I've got an account on ManyVids. etc., where I would get a higher percentage. I know that Streamate has that annoying rule about not mentioning Twitter and blah, blah, blah. But like you said, dudes are gonna need to use their brains, and find us on Twitter or wherever.

Not to mention all the limitations on SM content wise if you want something taboo since SM is more strict with stuff vs clipsites. SM just isn’t the hub for custom videos for members and models. Best route is to google and order a custom directly from the model. SM can be super strict with your content far more than your stream to the point it’s frustrating (I’ve had vids rejected for wearing Nike shoes and a hello kitty stuffed animal sitting in the corner) I’d be hella pissed if I had to film a custom again because it was rejected from the site after uploading.

Not to mention all the limitations on SM content wise if you want something taboo since SM is more strict with stuff vs clipsites. SM just isn’t the hub for custom videos for members and models. Best route is to google and order a custom directly from the model. SM can be super strict with your content far more than your stream to the point it’s frustrating (I’ve had vids rejected for wearing Nike shoes and a hello kitty stuffed animal sitting in the corner) I’d be hella pissed if I had to film a custom again because it was rejected from the site after uploading.

I've had profile pics declined because of my Fitbit once (which on a webcam just looks like a black strap) and another time because of a tiny cupcake sticker from the dollarstore on my alarm clock.

The thought of making a custom video only to have it declined because they thought anything around me might possibly be a brand name is just not something I'd be willing to deal with. With a regular video I could just upload elsewhere. With a custom I'd have no choice but to shoot it again.

I've had profile pics declined because of my Fitbit once (which on a webcam just looks like a black strap) and another time because of a tiny cupcake sticker from the dollarstore on my alarm clock.

The thought of making a custom video only to have it declined because they thought anything around me might possibly be a brand name is just not something I'd be willing to deal with. With a regular video I could just upload elsewhere. With a custom I'd have no choice but to shoot it again.

Streamate has no fucking idea what the difference is between copyright and trademark, and what constitutes infringement in either case. They've chosen to be insanely militant about it, which is not only unnecessary, but surely costs them a ton as far as man-hours to scrutinize uploads. Video sales are never going to get off the ground if I can't have a logo on the waistband of my panties, so I have no idea what they think they're attempting... Meanwhile, I can't easily sell show recordings anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.