AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is someting fishy or is it just conspiracy theory?

• Thread starter Deleted member 52763
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 52763

Hello Everyone,
I'm a newbie, I want to share what happened to me just 2 days ago. I hope I won't offend anyone, or cause any negativity. Thank you for reading.

I'm a faceless model, and I was age-verified a month ago. Almost a week ago of my age verification I wanted to see if I can attract people into my room; so I started a test run before uploading my documents.
As soon as I got online, people came in one by one into my room, and the number was escalating so quick, which gave me the idea of what would it be once I started to broadcast. BTW, I was surprised too. Because all I did was literally nothing. I was just checking the bots, the options, how to manage the tools, etc.
I was not talking too much too.
I felt so optimistic about it. So... I started.

Once I passed the verification process I knew that I will get new model tag; which I did :) It did nothing to me. I was confused and I contacted to support about it. They informed me that nothing is wrong, I have a new model tag on my name too.
I went live everyday during the initial period, but the number of people in my room was not even reaching up to 10 which includes anonymous viewers as well. I felt super discouraged and disappointed.
I continued to broadcast without any expectations; I didn't set goals instead I just set roll the dice! app. Because goals are not being reached and I don't want some potential tippers to be left empty hands. So it seemed fair to me.
I also show my tits for free too every now and then, since I hide my face under a half mask.
I must admit I don't have super social skills too.

Anyways, 2 days ago some colored viewers (mostly light blues) started to come in, then boom... My age verification was lost, and I got banned. I was shown an explain yourself box, which I did then I was able to broadcast again.
I thought that the issues were resolved, that I was able to receive tips, etc.
It was opposite; colored viewers were flooding into my room, and I've seen 100 viewers in my room which are mostly light to dark purples along with blues.
I was probably on the front page or among the first 5th page, once I lost my verification. I was promoted as I was when I did test run before verification.
That was a huge boost, whereas the new model tag couldn't do. I'm a developer, I have a knowledge about designing algorithms. So this clicks... Something seems fishy to me.
I'm not accusing anyone with anything, but... This would be the way how you attract new models into your platform. Why there is an option for broadcasting before the age verification process? And why they don't promote every room on the front pages? Technically speaking there are tons of ways to do that without making lose anyone any money.

Once I was informed about my model status by the viewers, that I can't receive any tips, I still kept going and considered it as an free advertisement. The next day I went live by hoping the same dudes would appear again, instead tumbleweeds were blowing in my room :D:D:D

• Wat?!
Reactions: StarSpirit
Chaturbates room viewership makes no sense whatsoever.
There are many 'theories' as to what is going on, but no one knows the real answer (there have been many threads on this topic thus far on ACF with CB viewership).

The one theory that is in the air is that your numbers are based on how many 'whales' are in your room at any given time.
There are a few rooms I frequent who's average room count is from 300-500. There were a few times that a few well known 'whales' would show up and drop large amounts of tokens and the room count would suddenly 'increase' over the next 1-2 hours and stay that way until end of broadcast. Then the next session a day later the room count would be back to what it has been on average.

That is just one of many theories. :)

Upvote 0
Also, viewers can filter by status. they can search 'new' cams, or 'exhibitionist' cam.
Women Exhib are rare and of course have lot of success for many reason : or they are really exhib, so all is for free (very very rare) or they are new models expecting to be verified, so baby models easier to manipulate :/

Upvote 0
I feel like CB is just weird over all. I think that when you were an exhibitionist, people came by because they thought you'd do things for free. I am actually not sure if you can earn as an exhibitionist - if yes, did you actually earn something? Because I think that means more than the viewer count - since there are also probably bots in your room as another theory says.

Also I feel like there are some members, who if get denied something they want, will report you. Just because it gives them the sense of power over you. I'd say don't give up and just stream consistently but not sure if it will help.

I used to stream alone, now do with my bf. When I started alone in May of last year, I had around 10-20 viewers. Not much engagement or tips. Felt super discouraged, did not stream for next few months. Then in July or August we tried the first couple show and we had around 300 viewers. All was well. People talked! Then it just bombed and we sometimes could not get up to 50 and little engagement. During winter we got up to 700 or so once, but usually stayed below 100. The most frustrating thing is that no one even says anything. I mean, hello? Are those real people or just bots?

We found out later that on CB the new tag is actually 7 days after your documents are approved and realized we did not get the "new tag" privilege (if it even is one). So we now decided to make a new account, which will be our couple account and the old one will be my "solo" one. Well, tried it out yesterday and had max 120 viewers. We were half naked, then naked. Only 4 people said hi, earned 15 tokens. Had a regular from the other account come by, he spent some tokens (I always feel bad, because usually he is the only one that tips. I appreciate it, but I feel bad that he is the only one to do so. And I also feel worthless, since no one can even say hi.) but it did nothing to the viewer count or the chat. Were online for around 4 hours.

I have no idea how other models do this. On MFC at least people chat. But on CB it is a miracle. How do models try and stream for 6-8 hours a day, when no one even talks to them? I mean, we could be naked, fucking or completely clothed, not paying attention and still get the same result. I find this very weird and discouraging. I mean, I really wanted CB to work for me, and I will still try to stream frequently, but it just drains me out. Especially when there are so many people now. Feels like only older models with regulars will succeed. I see many models and couples showing stuff for pennies, so people might not even care to tip.

I mean, many people want free stuff or can't afford to tip a model, but trying to make this work is difficult, if the model is trying to actually make camming their work. I just feel so conflicted about this industry. The goals seem unreachable.

But I wish you all the best! Stay strong and if you want this to work out I hope it will! ♥ Also sorry for my rant, just thought I'd share my story.

Upvote 0
if I'm right it's like this :

exhibitionist needs no application or verification at all, even not a valid email
tag is given on any cam broadcasting, replaced by new if verified, and later, by the quality tag ('chaturbating', 'hd', .....)
you've been exhibitionist during your test before doing anything else than testing, hence your success this day imo

if for any reason you lose your 'verified' status, you fall back as being an exhibitionist

Upvote 0
I feel like CB is just weird over all. I think that when you were an exhibitionist, people came by because they thought you'd do things for free. I am actually not sure if you can earn as an exhibitionist - if yes, did you actually earn something? Because I think that means more than the viewer count - since there are also probably bots in your room as another theory says.

Also I feel like there are some members, who if get denied something they want, will report you. Just because it gives them the sense of power over you. I'd say don't give up and just stream consistently but not sure if it will help.

I used to stream alone, now do with my bf. When I started alone in May of last year, I had around 10-20 viewers. Not much engagement or tips. Felt super discouraged, did not stream for next few months. Then in July or August we tried the first couple show and we had around 300 viewers. All was well. People talked! Then it just bombed and we sometimes could not get up to 50 and little engagement. During winter we got up to 700 or so once, but usually stayed below 100. The most frustrating thing is that no one even says anything. I mean, hello? Are those real people or just bots?

We found out later that on CB the new tag is actually 7 days after your documents are approved and realized we did not get the "new tag" privilege (if it even is one). So we now decided to make a new account, which will be our couple account and the old one will be my "solo" one. Well, tried it out yesterday and had max 120 viewers. We were half naked, then naked. Only 4 people said hi, earned 15 tokens. Had a regular from the other account come by, he spent some tokens (I always feel bad, because usually he is the only one that tips. I appreciate it, but I feel bad that he is the only one to do so. And I also feel worthless, since no one can even say hi.) but it did nothing to the viewer count or the chat. Were online for around 4 hours.

I have no idea how other models do this. On MFC at least people chat. But on CB it is a miracle. How do models try and stream for 6-8 hours a day, when no one even talks to them? I mean, we could be naked, fucking or completely clothed, not paying attention and still get the same result. I find this very weird and discouraging. I mean, I really wanted CB to work for me, and I will still try to stream frequently, but it just drains me out. Especially when there are so many people now. Feels like only older models with regulars will succeed. I see many models and couples showing stuff for pennies, so people might not even care to tip.

I mean, many people want free stuff or can't afford to tip a model, but trying to make this work is difficult, if the model is trying to actually make camming their work. I just feel so conflicted about this industry. The goals seem unreachable.

But I wish you all the best! Stay strong and if you want this to work out I hope it will! ♥ Also sorry for my rant, just thought I'd share my story.

I totally feel you, it's so hard to not take it personal. Well, I share my ideas somewhere else and I was burned :) Some people were annoyed of the idea that I don't show face; so that I shouldn't expect to earn anything, etc.
I can't blame them too, overall I asked their opinion, and that was it. So some of them were models, some of them were promoters who advised me to show off more. Even in my room some viewers told me to do more sexual stuff to earn more tips, since I show no face. I didn't do their advice because I was requested, overall they were just freeloaders in the end. But I was trying to figure the concept of my show during the initial period( I cannot say I found it though... I'm still too new).
So I did dildo show, pussy closeup several times... Result ---> I made like 4 tokens in 2 hours.
Semi nude showing tits -Result ---> 50 tkns in 3 hours.
I didn't make more than 50 tkns a night. Once I was using goal apps, some people who tipped 1 tkns which total counted like 5 or 10 from the same person, forced me to do the goal since there were no one tipping in the room.
This also made me kinda violated; because there are many models of which many viewer respect their boundaries and goals. Then I started to think what I am? Am I so worthless?
So yes, this kind of thinking means taking this way too personal. I grew out of this mentality, and not setting goals makes me more relax too.

there are some members, who if get denied something they want, will report you.
I forgot to mention that on my first trial test run before the verification, while the viewer count were increasing I got banned by the accusation of recording. I had no app neither on my computer nor as a plug-in on my browser.
I didn't hold my phone to the screen at all... I also don't think this is an issue for a model to take a screenshot; since I saw many of them took it, some even put it into their bio page to show some big tippers.
So that was the case probably on my first try. I had to justify myself to the support that I did not record my own show. It took days, that's why I was being able to send my documents almost a week later.

I hope it turns out great for you two. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0
I didn't hold my phone to the screen at all... I also don't think this is an issue for a model to take a screenshot
The key 'print screen' of your keyboard works better when needed (other tools exist, one is included in win10)

Else, without face, it will be a bit more difficult but some models succeed not so bad (and it seems that you show a head haha)
You can stay firm on 'no face, never', knowing that even if you write it in Big Red Letters, you will always be asked for (never ? even in pvt ? ...) and you don't have to compensate. They will always ask more for less tokens.

So some of them were models, some of them were promoters who advised me to show off more. Even in my room some viewers told me to do more sexual stuff to earn more tips
take care :
Models come often in new rooms to advertise their own room. baby models are tooooo nice : ) => No pity or you kick, or you tune your chat to silence other broadcasters. Even only a "Hi" attracts viewers to their own room. So rare are the models who really come in to help, if they exist.

"Promoters" : these ones, I think that they are grey or light blue (with 1 token bought 3 yeqrs ago) who search only to be important asking 'Make me moderator I'll make you earn much more' (This, you understood, I just confirm ^^). Search 'moderator' in this forum, you'll find many reasons to avoid them, especially while you are new. The real helpers will begin to help by tipping honestly, and will almost never ask to be mod. But you have to moderate yourself a minimum your room.
And it's normal if you take time to learn to control it.

I noticed also that the accusation of recording happens a lot in rooms with many people, where the model is a bit new and don't respond as fast they would like, in a chat filled by too many messages, they feel that they are not seen :) Actually, you read it in all chat too full of greys (no token, mainly noobs).

You only had your baptizing in CB , but don't be too scared, CB can become very friendly when you learn to control the chat and then are able to select your viewers. They first have to be a bit calmed down, then viewers liking calm and concentration will stay longer.
Sometime, one single word well placed is enough, but you may have to learn and try the 'silent' and the 'kick/ban' features to avoid the beggars to manifest too much.

Take your time to have a look in your chat params, some tunings can fit your room. Silent users with no token ie, if you have enough blue to make a minimum of noise. Don"t show people Enter or Leave the chat can help to be a bit more reactive and concentrated on any discussion (and avoid the recording think)
1583965332891.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.