AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is the MV Crush feature unhealthy for single members?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you think that the MV Crush feature is unhealthy for single members?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the feature?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
It's basically like the Snapchat or OnlyFans of Manyvids.

I don't see how it would be unhealthy for any member, single or otherwise, unless they are incapable of distinguishing between the camming fantasy and reality.

Edit to add: MV basically calls it a type of newsletter. How would that be even remotely unhealthy?

Edit + edit to add: Sorry if my answer seems a bit curt. Maybe other members are in more of a "stretching" mood tonight.

Last edited:
No, it's just fucking stupid. They already have memberships, now an additional monthly fee for content from the same model to keep up with? Why not just add it as an additional feature to the membership and let models adjust their membership pricing if they want to?

This may be the straw that causes me to stop spending on MV period.

No, it's just fucking stupid. They already have memberships, now an additional monthly fee for content from the same model to keep up with? Why not just add it as an additional feature to the membership and let models adjust their membership pricing if they want to?

This may be the straw that causes me to stop spending on MV period.

I'm confused about what has you so worked up over this. If you don't like the feature, don't use it? It's not like they're automatically charging you additional fees.

From what I can tell its just another additional revenue stream for the models and another "perk" for members who join to get some exclusive content.

I can't speak for @Kradek but the first model I saw that advertised it looked like she just flipped a bunch of stuff she already had available for individual sale or as a perk of her membership over to the crush option. So yeah if you were already paying and seeing that stuff and it's suddenly taken away you might be upset.

To the original question I don't think it's any different than other extra clubs and Snapchat etc that members pay into.

• Helpful!
Reactions: TajaEthereal
I'm confused about what has you so worked up over this. If you don't like the feature, don't use it? It's not like they're automatically charging you additional fees.
Primarily it's the continuation of MV adding nonsense features without consideration of things they already have, or fixing/adding features that *should* exist. Contests, for example, are something models desperately want to use as sales tools but there is no integrated way to do so. How about something basic like notifications when models you have favorited, bought things from, or have a membership with post new content (or a page you can go to that lists all of them)? How about a way to send a message with a Make it Rain tip without having to *additionally* send a PM to the model. What is the site membership for (I really have no idea at this point)?

MV is like the raven in the Secret of NIMH. Every new thing is a sparkly. Really, I'd just like some usability improvements.

To rival i want fanclub probably
This was the first thing I thought. It seems to me like it suppose to be used as a mix of I want fanclub/only fans/snapchat kinda thing.

Why? ManyVids and iWantClips have almost nothing in common. ManyVids is very much vanilla based and iWantClips is very much fetish based.
They are clip selling sites... It's like how MFC is more vanilla and Streamate is more fetish. They are still each other's competition.

Is the MV Crush feature unhealthy for single members?

I've never even heard of it 'til just now. Interesting. But then again, I haven't even bothered with my MV account lately...

Manyvids just wants to cash in on what IWC is already doing.. Nothing unhealthy about it.. Just more stupidness from a site that should be fixing WAY more things..

Reactions: QuinnLane
To rival i want fanclub probably
Not to mention, to also rival MFC Share (which has been rolling out new features - Clubs included - like crazy).

I don't think so. Although, in saying that, given some of the posts we get here, there will no doubt be guys who think that a model sending them (and everyone else on their mailing list) a video that they're paying to view is somehow a declaration of love. But that's more a reflection of that type of member than the service itself, which doesn't seem any different to the type of "clubs" that camgirls have been running for years.

The concept seems similar to patron; Where a community of people can crowd fund an artist.
The model has been very successful for many artists. I don't see any reason it couldn't work for a model.

Status
Not open for further replies.