AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is there a reason for this?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
I took a model private a few nights ago and we had an amazing time. It was one of those magical privates where the model's performance was way over the top in terms of pacing and sexual energy. Needless to say, I saved the private to my collection after the private and we continued to talk in PM for a few minutes afterwards. I suggested that she might consider putting our private in her video section(and charge tokens for it) because of how amazing I felt the private was. She then told me something very surprising when she said she couldn't do that because I had chosen the 'exclusive private' option when I initiated the private.

I normally choose the exclusive private option to prevent spying and to make sure the model earns more because of the lack of spying income. But I had no idea that using 'exclusive' prevented the model from being able to also save the private to her own collection. Only after we talked about this did I decide to 'mouseover' the '?' symbol that is at the end of the 'only you get recording of show' verbiage. I honestly thought that verbiage meant that no other users could get a copy of the show, but the mouseover verbiage says that the model can not save the show.

I really like the idea that a model is able to make extra tokens by putting really good privates in the video section of her profile and charging extra for them, but preventing the model from being able to do this with 'exclusive privates' just seems counterintuitive and almost punitive in nature.

Am I alone in feeling that 'exclusive' allows for the model to be more relaxed and put more effort and energy into the show, making for a much better(if not amazing) experience? So unless I'm missing something obvious, I really don't understand why the model is prevented from also being able to save an exclusive private and use it to make additional income on her profile.

I took a model private a few nights ago and we had an amazing time. It was one of those magical privates where the model's performance was way over the top in terms of pacing and sexual energy. Needless to say, I saved the private to my collection after the private and we continued to talk in PM for a few minutes afterwards. I suggested that she might consider putting our private in her video section(and charge tokens for it) because of how amazing I felt the private was. She then told me something very surprising when she said she couldn't do that because I had chosen the 'exclusive private' option when I initiated the private.

I normally choose the exclusive private option to prevent spying and to make sure the model earns more because of the lack of spying income. But I had no idea that using 'exclusive' prevented the model from being able to also save the private to her own collection.

Yep. "says so on the label"

"Only you get a recording of the show" i.e. just you.. no one else.

Now the model could, I believe, make recordings through OBS i they use that. But a model would have to verify that.

Upvote 0
Now the model could, I believe, make recordings through OBS i they use that. But a model would have to verify that.
I think it's beneficial for every model to 1. use OBS and 2. record all of their shows

Upvote 0
I really like the idea that a model is able to make extra tokens by putting really good privates in the video section of her profile and charging extra for them, but preventing the model from being able to do this with 'exclusive privates' just seems counterintuitive and almost punitive in nature.
I guess maybe because c2c is a possibility in exclusive private (c2c is what it used to be called on SC until recently). There was always the possibility of a user's voice and things that they may say being recorded and then heard by others if the model resold the video. That, to me raises potential privacy issues for the user in said show.

Am I alone in feeling that 'exclusive' allows for the model to be more relaxed and put more effort and energy into the show, making for a much better(if not amazing) experience?
I won't say you are alone, but that is not anything that I personally have ever thought about exclusive privates.

So unless I'm missing something obvious, I really don't understand why the model is prevented from also being able to save an exclusive private and use it to make additional income on her profile.
See my first thoughts in this post above ;)

To get around this... you could always offer to pay exclusive rates for a "normal" private if the model turns off spying. That way she gets a recording as do you.

Reactions: melanieoncam
Upvote 0
I might be in the minority on this, but personally I dont think that an exclusive show should be resold. IMO an exclusive show is an exclusive experiance that is just for that member who is paying a premium to have that. Reselling that show takes away it's exclusivity by making it avalibule to everyone (that pays for the video ofc)

Upvote 0
I might be in the minority on this, but personally I dont think that an exclusive show should be resold. IMO an exclusive show is an exclusive experiance that is just for that member who is paying a premium to have that. Reselling that show takes away it's exclusivity by making it avalibule to everyone (that pays for the video ofc)

Exactly this and I go Exclusive for this reason, regardless of a recording or not.
I would hate to think/know my show is being resold after an exclusive - it kind of defeats the purpose of the name, for starters.

But this is one thing I really love about the exclusive option for SC, knowing this - that it won't end up in the models collection (especially if she gives it away free, super cheap or gives all/most private show recordings to fan members for $10 a month).

Upvote 0

I feel the same way (unless the member specifically says to the model that he's fine with her selling the show later, if she wants to). Also when members pay models a higher price for an exclusive custom video, it's with the understanding that it's "for his eyes only" and won't be sold elsewhere.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.