AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Issues connecting and staying connected to Stripchat with OBS & Web broadcast option

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexi_Summers

Cam Model
Jan 2, 2022
Spain
Twitter Username
@LexiSummers_95
MFC Username
Lexisummers_
Chaturbate Username
lexisummers_95
Hello!

its been a while since i was able to connect stripchat with ShineModel Browser and multistream - I still did not find a solution to connect and stay connected there ( I generated a new key, nothing, I tried refreshing, nothing etc. It's just spinning and loading then it goes offline in a few seconds, where other sites work absolutely fine)
It all started with stripchat telling me my stream isn't working properly and when I clicked on 'how to fix?' It told me to set B-frames to 0 / do not use B-frames. Well, I never did because that setting didn't exist for me as I was using x25..something?? Encoder. Anyway, I struggled with it staying connected and my stream lagging, cutting out, my sound going off etc. For ages then I decided to delete OBS and reinstall as I thought it was the program giving me trouble.
Well, now I can not stream over OBS at all. It won't connect steadily, my kbs box can be green and at around 5000 and my stream is still laggy, cutting off, sound coming in and out, and screen going black or freezing completely after a few min.
So I resorted to stream over Web broadcaster selecting my good cam & default microphone ( which comes out SO loud its ridiculous and I can't do anything about it - I use the same mic for OBS and it never sounds like that!) It kinda worked the first time, second time I tried it froze mid show and I had to refresh the whole site and third time (today) some tips weren't showing up for me, and chat was not showing up for me either. I was asking questions my Knight was answering to but I could not see all his answers and his tips suddenly stopped coming through to me. My chat room went to 1 user which was my Knight and not 1 other person was in there, not even 1 more guest or something, which is bizzare and has never ever happened before. On my tablet which I use to check my stream, I was still online and showing as streaming.

It isn't my internet, my speed can be well over 10 Mbps ( which was always enough to keep my kbs at around 5000 on OBS and have a seamless stream even with 4 sites connected at the same time through Shine) Although I know higher speeds are recommended I never even had an issue when my speed was around 3.5 Mbps streaming only on stripchat through OBS.

I need someone techy to help me figure out if it's my settings( doubt it as they're exactly as they were before I deleted obs and reinstalled) or is this a stripchat issue with the servers being unstable, or shine browser for not connecting, or idk, I'm so lost and I'm loosing interest in this site even though its my primary site and its where I started, love it for the way it is simple enough to use etc. But these technical issues have been going on and on and lately its so bad, now I can't even stream at all ( I can only stream from my phone now, tested it in the early afternoon to see if its my laptop or what) and even then the stream is choppy and the mic keeps going off even though I did not disable my mic on phone or touched the phone at all, the sound just goes evert few mins.

Please help, I wanna continue working on stripchat, it really is my virtual home😭

It happened to me a few days in a row too! Exact same situation - first through shine model, then with OBS itself. It's not a site I care too much about anyway so i just stopped, but I couldn't solve the problem.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Lexi_Summers
Upvote 0
I hear ya!

I had on again, off again issues with Shine Model and Stripchat (I don’t use either site anymore). If you look at my post history on here, I was very frustrated about issues I had with both, and these were issues happening even after I’d paid extra money to upgrade to better internet. So can’t nobody tell me “It’s because my internet sucks.” Lol. I was posting in that Shine Model thread on here, but the Shine Model rep. would insist that such and such wasn’t Shine’s fault. Despite the fact that other models on here (as well as a model on another cam forum I’m on) had also posted about issues with Shine.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Lilly_____
Upvote 0
+1 for this issue here. It's been happening for several weeks at least. When I first connect, it will first say I'm broadcasting in 480p when I'm set to be broadcasting in 1080p. I have to disconnect and reconnect several times until it finally says I'm broadcasting in 1080p, at which point the stream remains stable for the duration of my show. I'm using Shine Browser as well, and currently only have issues with Stripchat. My settings are the same as they've always been, and this issue only started fairly recently.

Upvote 0
+1 for this issue here. It's been happening for several weeks at least. When I first connect, it will first say I'm broadcasting in 480p when I'm set to be broadcasting in 1080p. I have to disconnect and reconnect several times until it finally says I'm broadcasting in 1080p, at which point the stream remains stable for the duration of my show. I'm using Shine Browser as well, and currently only have issues with Stripchat. My settings are the same as they've always been, and this issue only started fairly recently.
Same here.

Upvote 0
Please note, Shinebrowser is not our recommended software.

Please try to connect through Chrome and advise us if these issues persist.

Upvote 0
Please note, Shinebrowser is not our recommended software.

Please try to connect through Chrome and advise us if these issues persist.
Sure, yeah chrome and Firefox don't work either with obs nor with Web broadcasting option straight on the site

Upvote 0
Thanks Lexi.
Let me look into this further OK ;)
I did email support about this like you suggested a while ago. TBH I didnt get anywhere with it, felt like we were going around in circles, so I gave up. I pretty much ruled out issues on my side through testing different connection options and getting the same issue every time.

Shine is just a chrome browser with extra functionality built on top one of which is the rmtp restream which I thought might be causing the issue, but connecting obs directly to stripchat and using a standard chrome browser gets the same issue as having it re-stream through shine where it picks up the wrong resolution and then disconnects

connecting and disconnecting multiple times a stream and stripchat will eventually get the resolution right, when it detects the right resolution it seems the disconnect doesnt happen. It can take anywhere for 3-10 connections before that happens though. When it disconnects Stripchat just goes back to the "waiting for broadcast screen like obs isnt connected (obs still reports as streaming video to stripchat). At that point you need to disconnect obs, restart the stream to get the start streaming button back on stripchat.

Hopefully the extra details will be helpful in working out what the issue is :)

My traffic has been down the last month or so (not that it was ever amazing but it's noticeably lowered) while I have been dealing with this, not sure if that's related (like these connections issues are causing issues with the ranking algo or something), or if my traffic is just naturally down right now.

Reactions: mika_kedi
Upvote 0
Has anyone managed to get this resolved yet? I have had my support ticket escalated twice (with no reply in between) and as far as I can tell the issue is getting worse.

Upvote 0
Web broadcaster now works only with webcam from laptop, but not the external webcam, obs, connecting external webcam etc. Still does not, or connects for 10-20 min then disconnects by itself, especially through Shine browser. I was told my internet speed is too slow for it and I should stream in lower quality. Tried, but no change. Takes me between 40-80 clicks to online, and refreshing stripchat, to get it connected for up to 20min

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Hey everyone
You have all been contacted by our Support team directly.
Please provide them with the requested information required by our Technical team so they can investigate this further and get to the bottom of the problem.

Thank you all kindly for your assistance.
Hopefully, we can rectify these issues to ensure smooth broadcasting for everyone. 🤗

Upvote 0
Got the same problem, at least is working with splitcam...

Upvote 0
Hey all. I was having the same issue with the stripchat disconnects as well
but I've been trying a method that seems to be working so far(Past few days).
I downloaded the stripchat app for desktop and also downloaded the multiple output extension for
obs. Connected these together and each time has connected as 1920x1080. It also
somehow links into the chat for shinemodel. I hope this might work for some of you.
Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Reactions: Ich Bin
Upvote 0
Hello anabeauty37
This was stripchat issue , they was change streaming rtmp url. After we received new rtmp, we was fixed it.
Also if you have some issue in the future don't hesitate to contact us by PM.
Thank you

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.