AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Jelly, Jam or Preserves?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenHedonist

V.I.P. AmberLander
Oct 13, 2011
Eastside Shambhala
Twitter Username
@ZenHedonist
I was thinking of this yesterday whilst enjoying an English muffin at breakfast...

What's your favorite?

I'm not sure what the differences are between jelly, jam and preserves. I've seen different labeling.

I'm a seedless jam fan myself. Usually of the blackberry or strawberry.

I hated orange marmalade as a kid but like it now.

How about other toppings for toast? I like apple butter.

Anyone ever have lemon curds? I never have but I'd try it.

And...go!

*rolls around in strawberry rhubarb jam*

I also like plain strawberry.

Reactions: ZenHedonist
I'm not sure what the differences are between jelly, jam and preserves. I've seen different labeling.
My grandma tells me its all in how they are made. Jellys are usually strained through a muslin cloth or jelly bag to get all the extra bits and pieces out which is why its is the smoothest.

Im not really a fan of any of them. Its a texture thing. I enjoy the flavors and I like making them but I don't eat any of it.

Reactions: Gen and ZenHedonist
I don't understand the differences myself. IIRC, jelly will never have seeds or bits of fruit in it, which I think is preserves?

As to which of them I like, I guess doesn't make much of a difference as it's more about flavour. Most is far too sweet for me, and like @ElaySmith mentioned, it's about texture as well. Too much, and it's a sloppy mess and feels weird in the mouth (pun there if wanted it).

I'm not a big toast person, so these three would be more with a PB&J sandwhich. May or may not have chips in it, and usually is eaten with some chips and salsa or dip with it.

Reactions: ZenHedonist
Jelly/jam/preserves is very regional as far as the terms go. UK jelly is like jello/gelatin, I think? No one really said jelly in Ontario, just jam or marmalade. Since living in America, people say jelly where I would have said jam. Preserves, I think that includes biggish chunks of fruit? In any case, I like orange marmalade whenever I can get it, mint chutney (but is chutney too much of a relish and not enough of a jam?) (actually I think what I like might be usually called mint jelly even in Canada?), for PB&J I prefer grape whateveryoucallit, and if I can get anything homemade with ANY fruit, that's what I want--especially strawberry-rhubarb.

Status
Not open for further replies.